PDA

View Full Version : System Link Cable

blueknight
11-16-2001, 03:36 PM
Can't you just buy a network ethernet cross over cable? It allows two pc's to be connected without a hub....and if I remember right it says in the manual that if you want more xbox's connected you can use a network hub and ethernet cables. You can pick up CROSSOVER cables almost any major electronics store. Regular ethernet cables require a hub ...make sure they say cross over cable. Just trying to save the fellow gamer so cash twords games. I guess if you want the green looking system link cable that matches your system go for that. I'm not sure what pricing is but I know crossover cables are cheap.

BK

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 03:40 PM
Yes, that definately will work...but, personally, I'm going to wait for the System Link Cable to come out...I understand that it will be available in a week and a half. My reasoning is due to the fact that I like to have all XBox branded items...it's just a caution thing for me and personal prefence.

But, I can definately say that I am extremely eager to LAN Play on Halo! D A M N!! That's going to be finer than a frog hair split four ways :D

shoulda2
11-16-2001, 11:29 PM
yeah just use the cat 5 cable.

I did a 3 x-box link with a hub it worked on halo.

Rancey
11-16-2001, 11:41 PM
When I to directly link 2 Xbox's I am just gonna grab the crossover cable connecting my 2 pcs and use it.