PDA

View Full Version : Kakuto Chojin "hint book"

skysaw
11-14-2002, 10:10 AM
Even after reading a few slams of Kakuto Chojin, I decided to pick it up today -- I'm a sucker for graphics, and I sometimes like even bad fighters.

I'm still sitting at work, so I haven't tried it out yet. But I was wondering if anyone had picked it up yet, and if so, did they get a free 16-page "hint book" with it? It was a Prima Games printing the GameStop employee threw it in the bag for me for free.

After looking at it and the games manual, I don't see how anyone could figure out all you needed to know from just the manual. This little booklet seems essential to me. It makes the fight mechanics look a lot deeper than one would get from the manual. Is it possible that reviews saying there is no depth to the game were done by people who hadn't seen the booklet? It seemed like it might have been a late-printed item when someone realized the manual was of little use.

kachingtensor
11-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be on the lookout for that booklet when I go to Gamestop later on.

Cloud Strife
11-29-2002, 08:08 PM
I know they didn't list the combos but I still found the game playable. I hope to purchase it sometime soon.;)

EHWfedPres
11-29-2002, 08:29 PM
from what i saw from that game, it looks like nothing new...in other words...not for me.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
from what i saw from that game, it looks like nothing new...in other words...not for me. I can understand but I'm completely obssesed with fighters.;)

kachingtensor
12-01-2002, 10:08 AM
I guess you gotta be obsessed with fighters (like me, too) to like Kakuto Chojin. It's alright IMO - actually plays better than MKDA to me - but overall a big disappointment considering the expectations.

The Tao Feng trailer on the K-C disc looks sweet, though. :D I have higher hopes for that game.

I wonder which will be released first, Soul Calibur 2 or Tao Feng?