PDA

View Full Version : What's More Important In This Day And Age?

J Dub
11-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Well I got to thinking about Xbox Live and the online multiplayer games, and something came to mind. I realized that I probably won't even be playing the single player modes in these games. So my question to you guys is, do you still think it is important for the games to have a great single player experience? Or do you think that developers should focus on multiplayer?

For myself, I don't really know of any games right now that I have any intention of buying for the single player aspect, other than Halo 2. That will probably be the only game in a while that I even try to beat in single player mode.

What do you guys think?

carlbme
11-14-2002, 04:31 PM
I didn't vote for either one. I think there is a place for both sort of games. Just look at Splinter Cell, looks like it's going to be an awsome single player game, but I can't see it as a multiplayer game.

pickle
11-14-2002, 04:45 PM
I agree.

For me if it ain't Live, it ain't *****.

symposiumx
11-14-2002, 04:51 PM
IT all depends on the game. For example, a game like UC might be amazing online, but only be ok in single player.

whereas, Splinter Cell will be F'n AMAZING in single player, and perhaps only useful online (just for downloads, but NOT multiplayer)