PDA

View Full Version : Madden or Fever??

Fabolous4lfe
11-16-2001, 05:12 PM
Yo, waz up fellow xbox fans. I was thinking about getting madden, because fever's gameplay seemed too fast(if thats possible). The Blitz like gameplay...puts me a little on edge. There also seemed as if there was no defence, what so ever. Help me out...

l Maximus l
11-16-2001, 05:39 PM
Fever is better. WAY better...I've played them both. Fever all the way...out with the old, in with the new

Slash10
11-16-2001, 05:43 PM
Everyones been throught this a thousand times. Im more into Fever for its better gameplay. Fever was especially made for the Xbox. Madden is not. And the no defense part, what do u mean? that the computers defense isnt good or u cant play defense? If the computer cant, crank it up to all pro or whatever the next level is. Yes Madden is a more slow paced game when compared to Fever, but Fever is just the bomb. But choose what you want, everyones perspective is different. I can only say I would get Fever.

Fabolous4lfe
11-16-2001, 05:43 PM
Why is fever so much better? explain...

Slash10
11-16-2001, 05:48 PM
Dynasty Mode. How cool is that. You can create a team or pick a team and play with them throughout a 25 year season span. You can move the team if you want. You can trade players and stuff. With your team you can take them to the super bowl and won it all. Your players can win awards such as MVP or Defensive MVP and view your acomplishments in a trophy case. Your players get better when they have good games. Or worse as they do bad. When players retire, they can be inducted into the Hall of Fame after 1 year of retirement. If your player was great to the team, you can retire there Jersey. Have players do well to get them votes into the Pro Bowl. This is just Dynasty mode. Don't forget the aweome gameplay and other fierce competiton with friends. Im starting to get a Fever......

Fabolous4lfe
11-16-2001, 05:55 PM
Can u creat-players?? If so...how much detailed is commited to this?:confused:

Slash10
11-16-2001, 06:58 PM
Yes you can create players and from what i know its the same as everyother. Face, skin color, hair, pads, etc etc. But its pretty much the same as every other games style of create a player

Frostberg
11-16-2001, 08:34 PM
Just get fever, its better!

Slash10
11-16-2001, 08:41 PM
yeah. what he said

lane0185
12-09-2001, 08:33 PM
My friend who has a PS2 said that Madden was a great game and that I should get it figures someone that buys a PS2 would think that this game is good it sucks its nothing get Fever or if you want Madden mine is slightly used yours for only $44.99! LOL!

Satanic smurf
12-11-2001, 07:33 AM
I just got fever, and it is definately superior to any other football game i have ever played...the control alone is the best i have ever seen, i mean, you can just amout control your player's blinking....buy this game!!!

Ninja Scroll
12-11-2001, 10:40 AM
Madden or Fever?!

Forget about that trash and get with the game worth your cash!

NFL2K2! Now that the football sports game to beat. Madden & Fever cant touch Sega Sports 2K series.

BTW, since I already own the Dreamcast 2K2 im just gonna wait to get "NFL 2K3" for Xbox next fall.
ooooooohhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh!!:D

AFI_PHOENIX
12-15-2001, 12:08 AM
**** THIS IS A BIASED ROOM

between madden and fever i would say MADDEN ALL THE WAY!!

1. football chars in fever are too fat
2. the sound when u tackle isnt realistic enough (Madden is)
3. controls are screwed up
4. play selection is just ***( NOT ENOUGH PLAYS)
5. Wheres the huddle?
6. graphics arent as good

so after those cons about fever i have to go with MADDEN

robnyack
12-17-2001, 08:40 PM
Madden or Fever? It's becoming a famous question.

As someone who has on a quest for the perfect football game for about the last 15 (?) years, ever since the original Tecmo Bowl, I had to buy both of these out of the gate.

I've been a BIG pc Madden fan (online franshise leagues...sweet jesus, is anything beter than that????) for the past couple years, so, when i got the xbox, I had to get both Madden and Fever.

I have to disagree completely with those who come down big time in favor of one or the other. I can't see how anyone could reach that conclusion. BOTH games are EXCELLENT.

Fever wins out in graphics. It took me a little while to get used to the look, but, the graphics really are superior to Madden. Not to dis Madden, because Madden looks pretty **** good on the xbox too, but you can tell Fever was made for the xbox.

However, I give DEPTH to Madden. Madden has too many cool other things you can do than Fever. 2 minute drill, Madden cards, Madden Challenge, to go with your franchise and season modes.

BOTH have excellent gameplay....offense and defense. Both running and passing is excllent with both.

As far as commentary, as annoying as Madden and Summerall are, they are to die for compared to the dopes they have doing Fever. :D

I have ended up playing Madden alot more than Fever, however, simply or the reason, I do not want to screw myself up by getting used to a different passing model on Fever, and then going to play my online pc MAdden game and end up all mixed up and get my butt whooped by my opponent.

Again, I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

As for my lifelong quest for the perfect football game? I think I might have already played it and never realized it at the time....Super Tecmo Bowl. Ahhh....those were the days!

Big Ben
12-18-2001, 01:08 AM
If you've played Madden '93, you've played Madden 2002... Grpahics are better, but the same basic code underneath as there has been since Joe Montana Sports Talk Football stopped being made.

AFI_PHOENIX
12-20-2001, 08:08 PM
MOSTLY ALL FOOTBALL GAMES ARE THE SAME

is the madden on the pc hard to controll?

robnyack
12-21-2001, 12:28 PM
"most all football games are the same."

NO!

"is pc Madden 2002 hard to control?"

not if you have some sort of game controller

:p

Addicted2XBox
12-30-2001, 09:10 PM
madden 2002 is tight!!

the graphics, the hits, and the ability to break tackles are tight.

they have training mode to help you up ur level of play and practice. they also have madden cards

when u get 100points on ur profile (very easy to do) u can buy a pack of cards and u can get some cheat cards which u can u use to beat an oponent

trust me!!!! madden 2002 is REALLy in tha game!!!

Big Ben
12-30-2001, 10:52 PM
The cheat cards, while cool as an idea, are a terrible use of game space... EA is only putting them in games to try and hook you on their crappy revamped game systems. Madden isn't a terrible game, but it might as well be seeing how the only things that're changed are the graphics... Keep trying EA, maybe someday you'll get it.

-Big Ben

Ninja Scroll
12-31-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Ben
If you've played Madden '93, you've played Madden 2002... Grpahics are better, but the same basic code underneath as there has been since Joe Montana Sports Talk Football stopped being made.

Now theirs a man that knows what he's talking about!

But the heck with Madden vs. Fever! It's all about Sega Sports NFL2K2. THE BEST D@MN FOOTBALL GAME EVER!:p

Big Ben
12-31-2001, 02:24 PM
It always comes back to chasing Sega... Why doesn't the world realize the wonderfulness that is Sega, dagnabbit???

-Big Ben

Frostberg
12-31-2001, 02:38 PM
Yeah I want NBA2k2, but Live is still alright for now

Ninja Scroll
12-31-2001, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Big Ben
It always comes back to chasing Sega... Why doesn't the world realize the wonderfulness that is Sega, dagnabbit???

-Big Ben

I know exsactly what you mean Ben,
But I Ninja Jubei supported Sega like no other. I owned the Sega Genesis, 32X (ggggrrrrrr), Sega Saturn, & Sega Dreamcast. Not to meantion owning 38 DC games thus far.
I have never, EEEEEEEEEEEver bought a Sony console. Which means I never owned a PSOne or PS2!
It that a hardcore Sega fan or what?
The Xbox is my first non-Sega console in over a decade!:eek:
I talked a good 7-10 people into purchasing a DC since 9/9/99!
No one is as hart broken as I am about Sega going 3rd party:(

But your right, now everyone and their old man is gonna buy every Sega game on all systems! That's foul that they all will buy now, but never gave the Dreamcast a chance.:mad:

tntxbox
12-31-2001, 05:03 PM
Go with Madden!!!

Madden has better graphics and is actually realistic and Maddens Quarterbacks don't have their passes up in the air for 10 hours. Madden is more realistic that is all I have to say. It really depends if you like those type of NFL Blitz games then I would say go with Fever but if you want a more serious football game then go with Madden 2002.

tntxbox
12-31-2001, 05:06 PM
Fever or Madden
Go with Madden!!!

Madden has better graphics and is actually realistic and Maddens Quarterbacks don't have their passes up in the air for 10 hours. Madden is more realistic that is all I have to say. It really depends if you like those type of NFL Blitz games then I would say go with Fever but if you want a more serious football game then go with Madden 2002.

Big Ben
12-31-2001, 05:39 PM
All you're missing there is a Sega Master System and a Sega Master System II... a game gear, a nomad... What else did they release as far as hardware??? I dunno, but that concludes the addition of the classic systems... I was actually offered 1500 for my original Sega Master System by the Boston Computer Museum, but how could I sell my first system ever...

-Big Ben

P.S. - I say we move the Sega Praise to a new thread in the off-topic lounge seeing as how it's off topic.

Arithmatic
01-03-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm hooked on fever i have played them both and i think fever clearly wins i like the uptempo gameplay it all depends on what you like but for me its fever.

Dub
01-03-2002, 11:34 PM
I bought and played both and have already sold Fever. I liked it, but it was too arcadish for me. It seemed like every pass was caught and once the WR got by the safety and CB, it was a TD, you couldn't catch them from behind. Every hit was hard, which is more arcady, Blitz-like, and I didn't like that. The running game seemed too easy as well. I did like how you could intercept the ball better than on Madden, and the graphics were alot better.

I still prefer Madden. I like how you can tweak the AI to make the running game better and adjust other aspects of the game. I also like how records are kept once you create your user profile. It shows the date you set the record, as well as what other user or team you set the record against. Not every hit is a big one on Madden and I like that compared to Fever. The passing game seems more realistic too. I do wish it was easier to intercept the ball yourself when using a saftey or CB.

Either game is worth having though. I hope 2K2 is better than both of them.

tntxbox
01-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Madden has much better graphics than fever. But I will admit that fever still has great graphics but madden still comes out the winner. I have played fever and it is fun but something is missing from the game and I dont know what it is. Madden will stay the better of the two until they come out with a better football game.:D

crotch_on_fire
01-05-2002, 07:19 AM
FEVER....hands down...MADDEN is done...and with SEGA entering the picture...EA SPORTS must be feeling ill right about now...

AFI_PHOENIX
01-10-2002, 09:35 PM
YES
SEGA IS THE BEST ALL AROUND I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE HAVE JUST NOT FIGURED IT OUT YET