PDA

View Full Version : EB taking preorders for Halo 2

Dr_J
11-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Probably old news, but I didn't see it posted anywhere.

I went and picked up my copy of Unreal Chamionship and thought I'd take a shot and ask if they were taking preorders for Halo 2. The nerd behind the desk said they just started taking them a few days ago. Now, they might have been taking them already online, but I'm not sure.

Just thought I'd let you all know if you didn't already.

I'm 1st on the list at my EB.

ShannonX
11-16-2002, 10:51 AM
yup, they been taking them online for about 3 weeks now. =)

OuFtb
11-16-2002, 11:57 AM
I like it. Halo was the actual reason why xbox has suceded, and if they make part 2 a whole lot better then thats just good news for xbox owners.

CrazyCougar
11-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Two things....

1. Why waste you money now on something that isnt released for year.

2. I don't really care about Halo or Halo 2....LOL...I still bought an Xbox without Halo so I dont think that is the main reason the xbox succeeded.

RudedogX
11-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar

On this point, I agree with you. In that, in between now and then, who is to say that there will not be a special announced(like with MA).:confused:

Smartparts
11-19-2002, 12:30 PM
I agree w/ rudedogx & CrazyCougar. That's a long time to wait w/ a pre-order and then they may even back it up (heaven forbid! but 'Brute Force' anyone?)

But then again, I never pre-order anything. I go the day the games are released and they always have extra copies.

EHWfedPres
11-20-2002, 11:06 AM
a friend of mine pre-ordered it over a month ago and he is #5 at the EB where i live...

ShannonX
11-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Two things....

2. I don't really care about Halo or Halo 2....LOL...I still bought an Xbox without Halo so I dont think that is the main reason the xbox succeeded.

hahah...

1. my money isn't taken till its shipped (i've preordered that and bruteforce from ebgames.com, no charge till shipped)
2. halo is my favorite game still, even more so than UC.... =)

:D :D

edit: i may cancel my preorders, depending on if i've moved or not, or something like that... alot of times, i dont have the chance to go to town on release day and pick it up, some days i'm at work and school from 8am - 10pm, with no breaks long enough to get to a store and buy the game. :(

OUberLord
11-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Well, with the sheer amount of hype im pretty sure local stores are going to get about 500 copies each, but just in case ill probably get a copy on hold about 3 months from the release date.