PDA

View Full Version : MS you BLEW IT - Big Time

packermark
11-16-2001, 07:20 PM
I just found out in 'Dynasty' (should be re-named DIE NASTY) that the game length per quarter is 5 minutes. Real NFL Football the quarter length is 15 minutes. Thanks for nothing. I waited 2 years for this game to be released hoping that it would be as close to "REAL NFL FOOTBALL" as it can be but no we have to settle for a half baked pile of crap. Oh sorry I ment to say a 5 minute pile of crap.

I called EA's Madden (whatever) a polished turd well move over Fever can stand right next to it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

benz_300sl
11-16-2001, 09:31 PM
dude, you are getting SO ****ed off because of 5 minute quarters!?!?! thats is the dumbest thing ever....who cares how long the quarters are...5 minutes is fine, that way you can play more games

packermark
11-16-2001, 09:56 PM
DUDE, Where I grew up football games that resemble the NFL have 15 minute qtrs. I want real football in a sim not some cheap whore imitation. MS needs to rename this title ARENA FOOTBALL 2002. This is football chump not some cheap imitation. MS promised us football and delivered a POLISHED TURD. Like I said if you don't understand what real football is I feel sorry for you.

mojo__31
11-17-2001, 02:30 PM
lol, what a loser, so let me get this straight, you wanna play a 25 season Dynasty mode with 15 minute quarters?

apx. 2-3 hours per game x 16 games per season x 25 seasons. IF you played two games a day EVERYDAY it would take you 200 days. If you played more realistically like one season per month, it would take you over two years, lol.

I suggest if you wanna play with 15 minute quarters you play something other than Dynasty mode.

packermark
11-17-2001, 05:48 PM
your the loser pal, i played 20 plus seasons with fps fbpro'98. you people are only interested in is eye candy and glitz. you people need to play your sissy titles. this is football chump what i see on sunday afternoon is exactly what i want in a football sim nothing more and nothing less

Arithmatic
11-18-2001, 04:20 PM
a lot of you guys love xbox soooo much that any little comment this guy makes you claim that he is being ridiculous, but 5 minute quarters??? that is ridiculous and dynasty mode doesnt even include the texans.. But you cant even get into the football game with 5 minutes a quarter you have no time to set up an established offense. I wouldn't play 15 minutes but 5, with no option of other times is kind of crappy.

packermark
11-18-2001, 04:47 PM
Arithmatic, Thanks man.

takn414
11-18-2001, 07:29 PM
obviously, the only funny thing here, is that you have way to much time on your hands if your thinking about playing 15 minute quarters. mojo, ur right about that, thus , making the question not why aren't there 15 minute quarters, but "do you have a life"? 5 minute quarters make everything realistic anyways. With 15 minute quarters, everything gets unrealistic and the final score ends up being in the triple digits. Yea, ur right, thats like a sunday football game.

jasieklubi
11-19-2001, 01:47 AM
I you need 15 minutes to play you must not be scoring any touchdowns to begin with. I don't even need 5 minutes to score
40 points in a game. Dude you really must be bad in these football games. And one more thing, you really have too much time on your hands don't you.

packermark
11-19-2001, 04:32 PM
hey guys why did you buy this title? your not playing football .even in pee-wee football the qtrs are longer than this game provides. i guess you guy don't have a clue on what real football is. take a hint or a hike and tune in tonight at 9:00 and you'll see what its all about.

This is football chump.

Moe Howard

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 04:54 PM
I haven't played the Dynasty mode yet. But, I have played 10 minute quarters in the multi-player mode and, d a m n! That was a long ass game. Very enjoyable, but long.

I beat my opponent 89-85. Now, that's one high scoring game. Either the game was too long or we both need to improve our defense. I think it's a combination of both...but, admittingly, I need to improve my defense BIG TIME! lol

But, Packerman...I will have to disagree...You have to admit, the game is pretty badass. Eventhough I haven't played the Dynasty mode yet (I've been busy playing Halo and PGR and Multi-player on Fever only - so far - give me a chance, I've only had Fever for 2 1/2 days..lol), I would play 5 minute quarters anyway, I suppose. In my opinion, playing 15 minutes per quarter would take up a long ass time...but, that's my opinion. Personally, I'm fine with 5 minute quarters if that is the case.

And, please don't tell me that I don't know what football is all about....I think my disagreement was done tastefully and I did not attack you, therefore, hold yourself back before trash talking me, if you would. I know a hell of a lot about football....from diapers through college, I played.

FraZz3k
11-24-2001, 06:35 PM
da(v)n who gives a sh*t... just play the motherf*cking game!

Myth-One
11-25-2001, 12:20 PM
Its funny, you say we are losers for enjoying the game for its "jive and glitz" but guess what buddy. We are enjoying the game, your just whining. :)

Xbox_Die_Hard
12-06-2001, 05:22 PM
FudgePacker, you have to be one of the most tard-like gamers i have ever heard of. Just because you suck at a game doesn't mean that it automatically mean its a bad game. Best graphics, gameplay, and all around fun factor and you think it sucks because of a time infraction, get a life dude!!

Xbox_Die_Hard
12-06-2001, 05:28 PM
besides, you probably only wan't to play a realistic lengthed game because your too much of a ***** to play a real game of footbal on a team or with friends, go out and do normal stuff instead of whining about stuff that doesn't matter to people that don't care. Like I said before, GET A LIFE.

1337h4x
12-06-2001, 06:25 PM
I always play 5 min quarters in every football game and it wastes a good 20 - 30 min, I dont have time to play a full 15 min, go outside and get some air man....