PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fever 2002 aka Arena Fever 2002

packermark
11-16-2001, 09:21 PM
With only 5 minute quarters in die-nasty mode this game is really Arena Football League. Add Fever '02 to the list of failed football games left at the alter like a fat and ugly 9 month pregnant bride to be . One thing for sure hell is full of failed football sims: NFL Challenge(XOR), FPS Football Pro (Sierra) Madden(whatever) (EA) and now add NFL Fever 2002 (Micros***) to the list. 2 years of waiting for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cinderella bites the dust.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Skyboxer
11-16-2001, 10:55 PM
I think you need to forget about player football games all together. Fever has it's bad parts but saying it's a failure is rediculous.

Oh and even calling FPS Series on PC a failure really shows your intelligence. Or lack there of. FPS Football was one of the(IMO THE greatest PC football game of all time) The series did not fail, Sierra failed.

packermark
11-17-2001, 06:03 PM
rediculous who is ridiculous is it too much to ask and expect and be delivered what is advertised. for true football gamers thats what we have been asking for for years. why can't ea, ms, sega, and everybody else put a title out like fbpro'98. because nobody holds thier feet to the fire. they know you people will buy anything and be happy with it. when you settle for less and are happy with it you will never know what a good sim is. now you tell me who is being ridiculous

Skyboxer
11-17-2001, 11:18 PM
I have been playing football games for 28 years my friend so don't preach to me. You ARE being rediculous for saying Fever and FP series was a failure. If you can make a better game then do it.
People like me who want to play GAMES and have fun will buy the best AVAILABLE at the time. So again I say, If you can make a better one then do it.
I never said it was a great, end all, worlds best sim. I said it was rediculous for saying it was a failure.
Let me know when you program this great sim you keep talking about.

packermark
11-18-2001, 10:29 AM
well when you figure out how to spell rediculous maybe we can have a meaningfull discussion. now who is being ridiculous

Skyboxer
11-18-2001, 11:46 AM
Oh my, you really got me there!! Wait one second while I go get a bandage. I knew if I kept showing that you were being idiotic you, as most immature kids do, would start with "my dad is better than your dad" crap.
Man you have a lot of growing up to do. I point out what YOU said yourself...proved you are not thinking straight...and you resort to the obvious thing children posters do...You turn into a spell checker.

ridiculous. How's that Mr. Rogers?

Oh, Don't forget to let me know when you get the perfect sim programmed. I'll be counting the days.

packermark
11-18-2001, 02:24 PM
Look Mr. Rogers I have been playing sport games before you were born. I was patient with NFL Challenge (Xor), *ierra's FB Pro (the sim that had it all until they chopped out the legs of '99 and us as well), EA Madden(whatever-the sim that's more interested in glitz and jive than a true football product-at least you can choose your time preference's).

Before you try to flame me back Mr. Rogers take a look at the back of the Fever box. Top left corner ...ATTITUDE, IMPACT, and INTELLIGENCE of real NFL football!!! well the real NFL game that I am watching right now is playing in Dynasty mode with 15 minute quarters. That's what I expected in this program nothing less. If are willing to settle for less then YOU wouldn't be able to recognize the difference between a good sim or a bad one. Now whose being ridiculous OH SORRY I MENT TO SAY REDICULOUS.

Skyboxer
11-18-2001, 02:43 PM
"I have been playing sport games before you were born."

Don't believe that for one second. What exactly were you playing in 1966? Oh yeah, paper football.

Don't you have homework to do or something?
I agree FBPro 99 was terrible. NOT because of the programmers but because the resources were taken away from the programming crew. Oh and look how brilliant you are. You can't come up with anything on your own so you have to take someone elses words...

And if you see ANY of my reviews of Fever you will notice that I said the 5 min quarters in dynasty mode was stupid. But again YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND MY POINT.
I am NOT saying Fever is the greatest sim of all time. In fact I never said it was a sim at all.
I said: Saying the game is a failure was reeedikuluuus.

I better go check my email in case there's a review on your new sim. Please check my post to make sure there are no more spelling mistakes. I just could not live with myself if there were.

packermark
11-18-2001, 05:10 PM
Rediculous-ridiculous who posted your reviews before launch date on the game. If you did post them provide a link to where they are. If the knowlege of only 5 minute qtrs in dynasty mode were made public before launch date I would not have bought the game pure and simple. Just like XOR, *ierra, EA, and now MS has joined the ranks releaseing a half baked product.

Do yourself and us favor and clean out the lint in your navel so you can see where you are going. Look around at the other boards and you will see that I am not the only one screaming about 5 min qtrs in dynasty mode. You're just like the rest of the lemmings willing to over the cliff lock stock and barrel. check out xbox.com and see for yourself. Your not worth the trouble anymore, besides I think I here you mom calling you to come in from outside.

Skyboxer
11-18-2001, 05:30 PM
I'm talking about user reviews. Ask your parents what they are.
What a lame gamer you are to call a game a failure because it does not satify your needs because of 5 minute quarters in franchise mode.
It just doesn't measure up to you, so return it , sell it, whatever you want to do.
I grow tired of you now, but please post when you get your game made.
Oh, and check my spelling.
Thaaaaaaaankssssssss.

FraZz3k
11-24-2001, 06:38 PM
packer... u still fu*king whining about your dynasty mode... why dont u shut the hell up already?

packermark
11-25-2001, 07:35 AM
when do you have time to read when you have one hand on *sigh* ~Gwyneth~ *sigh* and the other on yourself

Myth-One
11-25-2001, 12:17 PM
if he manages to have one hand on Gweneth and his other hand on himself, he should be commended!

FraZz3k
11-25-2001, 01:05 PM
The packer in your name.. well it stands for Packing people in there @ss you h0m0 .. lol
Packermark=Fudgepacker

tsrdawg
11-27-2001, 07:59 PM
thank you skyboxer and other mannerly young folks for advising a young buck to check himself...remember to respect those who came before you...
I wasnt playin football before 1966 but I played Atari Football backintheday with steerable passes/punts and 3 on 3 blocky "football players"
videogame football has evolved hasnt it skyboxer?

this is all about subjective opinion...
a week and a half in, I am still learning the controller configurations...
On defense, I am having trouble with pass defense...my Raider cornerbacks keep getting burned on the "bomb"...
so far its too early for me to give a reliable game review...the only thing that matters is that this fever is fun as hell...
has anyone gotten good in pass defense yet? if yes, what are your secrets??
thanks for listening folks
special shout to OG skyboxer

Skyboxer
11-27-2001, 09:16 PM
Video football games have come a long way. I can remember the "upgrade" from Atari to Intellivision and thought I was in heaven. It's been fun watching it grow to what it has become. I just wish more people would just have fun with the game instead of nit picking the whole time the have it. Its a game, period. Wonder what the next 30 years will bring?