PDA

View Full Version : $30.00 for the dvd to work???

dysrhythmia
11-16-2001, 10:16 PM
This is an honest question for the xbox knowledged.....What exactly is the reason for making the dvd thing seperate? Why the $30.00 purchase? PS2 played dvd's out of the box.....I'm an xboxer, I'm just curious if there was a benefit to doing it this way (technically), is the dvd better on xbox because of it?

dysrhythmia
11-16-2001, 11:03 PM
Bump

Rhyze
11-16-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by dysrhythmia
This is an honest question for the xbox knowledged.....What exactly is the reason for making the dvd thing seperate? Why the $30.00 purchase? PS2 played dvd's out of the box.....I'm an xboxer, I'm just curious if there was a benefit to doing it this way (technically), is the dvd better on xbox because of it?

Just for the royalties!

shoulda2
11-16-2001, 11:24 PM
heck i paid for the PS2 dvd kit so i am going to pay for the x-box's i mean what fun is the dvd with no remote.

sinizuh
11-16-2001, 11:56 PM
because xbox is gaming console that can play dvds. $30 is for the remote.

WynnFire
11-16-2001, 11:59 PM
Microsoft actually wants you to play games on it too not just watch movies. When the PS2 was launched in Japan or something I kept reading stories on how more people were buying the PS2 for the DVD playback capabilities then for playing games. Same here too. I know a few people who have around 1-5 games for the system but have somewhere around 100 DVDs that they play on it.

Microsoft didn't want that to happen. I think it was a good idea. Same with Nintendo and their GameCube, it's meant for gaming not watching movies on. I read an article somewhere from Feburary that MS was going to wait a few months before releasing the DVD controller. I wonder why they didn't. Hmmm...

dysrhythmia
11-17-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
Microsoft actually wants you to play games on it too not just watch movies. When the PS2 was launched in Japan or something I kept reading stories on how more people were buying the PS2 for the DVD playback capabilities then for playing games. Same here too. I know a few people who have around 1-5 games for the system but have somewhere around 100 DVDs that they play on it.

Microsoft didn't want that to happen. I think it was a good idea. Same with Nintendo and their GameCube, it's meant for gaming not watching movies on. I read an article somewhere from Feburary that MS was going to wait a few months before releasing the DVD controller. I wonder why they didn't. Hmmm...

That's pretty interesting. I never looked at it that way.

Slash10
11-17-2001, 03:18 PM
If anyone read the first magazine it gave a good rason for the DVD remote being seperate. If you have a girl at your house and u wanna watch a movie, it would be easier using a remote than a controller, especialy since the controller was kinda hard to get at first this way u wont look tupid or somethin. They then went on to say of course PS2 owners dont go on dates anyway since they suck or somethin. LOL