PDA

View Full Version : i think bmx xxx is a sad game for the xbox

LINKINPARK8591
11-16-2002, 01:45 AM
i sae the game bmx xxx on t.v. and well i just think that could be giving xbox a bad name.............i know that xbox is focused towards many of the mature people or anyone who is fine with playin that kind of a game but i makes the system itself look bad from my point of view.........what is you guys opinions.........i just thnk that it tarnishes the reputation for any people that could be interested in xbox cause some people do get easily discourage when they see a system coming out with things that may not be appropraite.....sorry for some of the miss spelled words i'm kind of in a hurry............anyway i just don't agree with them making that game....................i think that it's a little to volgure.......any opinions? i'm not dissin anyone who does like it though.........

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-16-2002, 03:10 AM
I disagree.....if naked women want to ride on Bmx bikes....who am i to say No...(wicked thoughts are flashing in my head...naked women...Bmx....) Naked women are a plus in my book if you ask me:D Lighten up, dude.....

Afro Aura
11-16-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
I disagree.....if naked women want to ride on Bmx bikes....who am i to say No...(wicked thoughts are flashing in my head...naked women...Bmx....) Naked women are a plus in my book if you ask me:D Lighten up, dude.....
I agree with you Dr Beefy theres nothing wrong with women riding around on bikes mmmm I'll have some of that, but saying it's giving the XBOX a bad name how can it isn't also made for the other 2 consoles and in my eyes I think it tarnishes the view of the Gamecube more than anything

speedbuggy76
11-16-2002, 08:33 AM
So basically you're saying that GTA 3 and Vice City, which aren't family-friendly games, give the PS2 a bad name. I don't think so!
:D :D

Mega Gamer
11-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Bmx xxx only got a 5 out of 10 at gamespot.

Reclaimer
11-16-2002, 10:15 AM
If you don't like the game, don't buy it. You're not obligated to buy every game that comes out. If nudity in games really offends you, you better put the mighty xbox controller down and pick up a nintendo contoller instead. This is a start of a revolution in gaming. A large market in Xbox gamers are adults and finally we're going to see more games aimed at us adult players. Don't give me that "We'll theres the stripper in D2R." That doesn't count. Controlling a poorly rendered stripper with mittens drawn in place of hands for 30 seconds doesn't count for anything.
All I can say is deal with it and hopefully there will be more games oriented towards adults.

Afro Aura
11-16-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Don't give me that "We'll theres the stripper in D2R." That doesn't count. Controlling a poorly rendered stripper with mittens drawn in place of hands for 30 seconds doesn't count for anything.
Yeah did Namco actually look at a female body before, she was twisting in some weird places eeeghh is was horrble:confused:

Squidpie
11-16-2002, 11:49 PM
My opinion...

I think they should make whatever kind of games they want to... but.... there are even some adults that really don't care to have nudity in their games... so I would hate to see it get to the point where movies are and just throw in some token nudity in most every game just to try to make people buy it....and I think that games should be clearly marked for content so that no one can complain once they get them home... its their own fault if they don't read the label.... I just don't think its a good idea to have nudity in most every game.... we need a broad range of games that will appeal all types of people.

LINKINPARK8591
11-16-2002, 11:54 PM
you guys are kind of getting the message a little distorted i'm said it's coo if you like it but i'm just saying for some people one or two games like that for a system tends to make some people alienate irt not all but some it's not that big of a deal for me about the game i'm just saying cuz..........never mind if kinf of hard to explain my opinion..................but i'm fine with some of that stuff in games it's just that if there's a lot of it in there.....like the whole game revoles around it.......then what's the point of the game............................but whom ever likes that's coo i'm not saying anything against you at all......

Slacker
11-17-2002, 02:10 PM
i'm just saying for some people one or two games like that for a system tends to make some people alienate irt

Do you ride a Wagon to school?? Okay your Amish aren't you, Okay the only people who will not buy this for thier kids are Over religious Soccer Moms , but soccer Dads and Soccer teen brothers will want it, are you blind when you watch TV , Oh yeah you live in a Barn sorry, J/K .......BMX XXX will sell consoles look at GTA3 one of the most contraversial games Ever, and BMX XXX is already Banned by some stores, so its going to sell , and XBOX'x will sell because they have Nudity ....SEX SELLS......and the people buying it for the Sexy content will out number the one or two Holy puritans that won't ,,,

Squidpie
11-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Since BMX XXX is on all 3 systems (though edited some for PS2)... then if it caused any harm.. it would be to all 3.... think about it this way.... theres all kinds of movies you can rent or buy... from G rated to XXX.... and very few people would refuse to buy a TV because of this fact.... it should be the same way with game consoles.... but I would hope that game developers will not just start adding nudity to all M rated games.... something like that might turn off a lot of parents and also adults that don't care for it.

LynxFX
11-17-2002, 06:49 PM
The game has created a new low. :(

Pathetic.

Afro Aura
11-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Hmmm Squidpie I'm sure the XBOX is looking for people in the same area as the PS2 the adult area where people can go out and buy more that one game and not wait for someones birthday or whatever, sure I agree they should have markings to indicate what goes on in the game but in saying that doesn't the XBOX have a parental section in there so if someone buys a game with the 'mature icon' it wouldn't let them play it?

Afro Aura
11-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
The game has created a new low. :(

Pathetic.
I'm not quite sure about that Lynx it's the first step for a programmer/designer to make a game with the stuff they want in the game, don't suffocate the programmers.

I say good on them

Squidpie
11-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
Hmmm Squidpie I'm sure the XBOX is looking for people in the same area as the PS2 the adult area where people can go out and buy more that one game and not wait for someones birthday or whatever, sure I agree they should have markings to indicate what goes on in the game but in saying that doesn't the XBOX have a parental section in there so if someone buys a game with the 'mature icon' it wouldn't let them play it?

I'm not really quite sure what you are saying here... but I was not even referring to the Xbox... I was referring to games in general... I was actually speaking in favor of them making any kind of games they want to... clearly labeling them for content..and on the M rated game thing... what I said was that some adults don't want nudity and/or sex in their M rated games so I hope they don't add it to all of the M rated ones... some parents don't mind their kids playing violent games but don't want them playing games with nudity in them.. now I cannot explain this... but it is true ....plus I have read on the forums....comments from adults that do not want it in their M rated games... so in order to appeal to the broadest range we need all kinds of games... thats all I'm saying.

LynxFX
11-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
I'm not quite sure about that Lynx it's the first step for a programmer/designer to make a game with the stuff they want in the game, don't suffocate the programmers.

I say good on them
I highly disagree. They only did this to make their game controversal in high hopes that it makes it sell. Putting topless women in a game, more importantly on a BMX bike doing tricks, hardly adds to the gameplay or the game itself. It makes ZERO sense other than what I already said, to make it controversal and hope that little boy perverts will purchase it to see some digital boobies. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

This game has nothing to do with trying to make games for a more mature audience. This game is aimed at the most immature audience they can find.

One question, how many of you will say "Good for them" if the next Tony Hawk game came out with him skating with his willy flipping and flopping around? I think Squidpies original sig already answered that question. :rolleyes:

ARONO129
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
I think this is a game who's time has come. Sex sells. Banning a game makes it more popular. Remember Night Trap?

If someone doesn't like this type of game don't buy it. Simple as that.

Kooster
11-17-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I think this is a game who's time has come. Sex sells. Banning a game makes it more popular. Remember Night Trap?

If someone doesn't like this type of game don't buy it. Simple as that. no no no....games like this shouldnt even be made. who cares if it sells...its just wrong. kids should go out and find real girlfriends instead of staring at animated boobies on tv. its pathetic. cant video game developers come up with something more socially acceptable that sells besides naked girls? whatabout the fact that its degrading to women? using the naked female body to sell games.... its soooo stupid. i dont like the game, im not gonna buy it....but some kid is who will never want a real gf because he has bmx xxx.

Squidpie
11-17-2002, 11:18 PM
One question, how many of you will say "Good for them" if the next Tony Hawk game came out with him skating with his willy flipping and flopping around? I think Squidpies original sig already answered that question. :rolleyes:

Hey ... I think you're really onto something with that...lol... what if all the games like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear and so forth had the guys showing there bods off...lol...especially if it was in a sexual way... the guys would feel weird playin them then... well its sort of the same way when they do that with females in games cuz it makes us girls feel weird playin them... but not as many girls play games as guys so I guess they take that chance... and I also agree with where you said that a game like BMX XXX is not "mature"... its for the highly immature..lol... but I think its ok I guess to give the guys that can't get a girl IRL something to interract with ;)

Maybe the next Tony Hawk game should just have the guy in thongs with big "packages"...lol.. give the girls something to look at too...hehe.... maybe a little "Chippendale strip Show" reward for a good score too ;)

ARONO129
11-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Kooster
no no no....games like this shouldnt even be made. who cares if it sells...its just wrong. kids should go out and find real girlfriends instead of staring at animated boobies on tv. its pathetic. cant video game developers come up with something more socially acceptable that sells besides naked girls? whatabout the fact that its degrading to women? using the naked female body to sell games.... its soooo stupid. i dont like the game, im not gonna buy it....but some kid is who will never want a real gf because he has bmx xxx.

It's pretty far fetched to think some kid is going to fall in love with a character in a video game. Like you said, you don't like the game and you're not going to buy it. Fine. That's your right. But other people have the right to buy this game if they want. I'm not going to buy this game but I don't have a problem with it.

LynxFX
11-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Squidpie
... but not as many girls play games as guys so I guess they take that chance...
That used to be true in maybe the mid 90's but now there is only a 7%-15% margin between the number of males who play games versus the number of females. That number is closing more and more each year. Hardly a minority when you consider the size of the gaming industry, and BMX XXX is just a crappy, low brow way of trying to keep that myth alive.

I'm not saying ban the game or not giving consumers a choice. I just hope people don't get brainwashed by this type of crap and realize that topless BMX bikers is just a ploy to get money out of your pocket. Nothing more.

I am betting on that the game fails miserably. :)

Squidpie
11-18-2002, 01:38 AM
Lynx... maybe you're right but on XBL there are far more guys than there are girls... and around here a lot of girls didn't even know about Xbox when it came out last year... but guys did.

Chr0nik
11-18-2002, 07:10 AM
i think bmx xxx is a sad game for the xbox

I think the spelling and grammar in this post are sad.

Afro Aura
11-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Look Lynx don't all jump on me I wouldn't buy this BMX game anyway, it's just nice that someone has stepped out of the restricted area with this sort of game, ok sex sells but so what if this is the only way to sell a game so be it, I'll be buying DoAXBV for it's four player ability....yeah right

personally I don't like the things that happen in GTA 3 now this game should be banned but look it's selling like hot cakes because it have loads of violence

LynxFX
11-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Afro Aura, I wasn't jumping at you personally and sorry if it came off that way. :)

DOAXVB isn't any better with the exception that at least that game keeps it mildly in context. They are at the beach. I would hate to see what happens to one of the topless riders in BMX when they crash. :rolleyes:

GTA 3, now that is all over the map. :)

Afro Aura
11-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Afro Aura, I wasn't jumping at you personally and sorry if it came off that way. :)

DOAXVB isn't any better with the exception that at least that game keeps it mildly in context. They are at the beach. I would hate to see what happens to one of the topless riders in BMX when they crash. :rolleyes:

GTA 3, now that is all over the map. :)
No worrys mate

if one of those topless riders did have a crash it would be another game altogether, you have ride around and find someone to give you some skin for plastic surgery, with ambulance chasing you if you get caught the game is over as you've been scared for life:D

l Maximus l
11-20-2002, 01:56 AM
Eventhough I don't have plans on purchasing BMX XXX, I will say this: BMX XXX doesn't tarnish the XBox's image any more than the Jerry Springer show tarnishes NBC (or whatever network that the show plays on...NBC seems familiar..maybe it's Fox...oh well :confused: ...but, I think you get my point).

Just my $.02 :)

LynxFX
11-20-2002, 10:24 AM
It doesn't tarnish the image of the Xbox but it sure does tarnish the image of Acclaim and Z-Axis.

Like I said, I don't think you can get any lower in a video game and there is a big difference between BMX XXX and Springer. :)

JJaX
11-20-2002, 11:49 AM
The fact is nudity sells. I think that topless BMX riders is kinda of lame. And you beat the game you unlock strip shows! WhooHoo! :rolleyes:

I prefer the real thing over polygons. But DOAXBB is a little different. Characters have already been established and it would be nice to see them doing other things than kicking each others ass.

And jerry springer was the Ish back in the day. Where they really punched each other and things got crazy.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

EHWfedPres
11-20-2002, 11:53 AM
I think linkin park and their horrible talentless music is more offensive than tìts...

If your offended by breasts, then dont buy the game. What so hard about that?

LynxFX
11-20-2002, 12:04 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with being offended by breasts.

The entire concept and final product is tasteless, tacky and degrading. It basically screams "We couldn't design a fun and challenging game that could compete with our competitors and make sell, so we put in naked women in hopes to sucker pervs into buying the game. Oh yeah, that will make it controversal too."

Look at the low game scores and you pretty much know that is how it went down.

l Maximus l
11-20-2002, 04:52 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with being offended by breasts.

The entire concept and final product is tasteless, tacky and degrading. It basically screams "We couldn't design a fun and challenging game that could compete with our competitors and make sell, so we put in naked women in hopes to sucker pervs into buying the game. Oh yeah, that will make it controversal too."

Look at the low game scores and you pretty much know that is how it went down.

You definately have a point. And, I agree that BMX XXX has tarnished Acclaim's image as a game developer, similarly to how Grand Theft Auto III tarnished the image of Rockstar. But, I guess Rockstar wasn't tarnished as much as it has been praised...but, either way, controversy will alter the image of anything.

And, I agree that BMX XXX hasn't tarnished the image of the XBox...it's just the console that runs the game. Microsoft, of course, didn't make the game. But, one thing is for sure, OXM magazine can't stop talking about it.

I understand that in the first 5 minutes of playing BMX XXX that you hear the "F Word" about 25+ times. Personally, I think that's a little much...should be more like 20 or so... :D hehe...

DZNUTZ
11-20-2002, 05:00 PM
CHAMPAGNE ROOM

thats the cheat.
enter it
watch the score video clips
and return the game if u don't like potty humor or bmx

case closed.

btw...i am all for potty homur, nudity, violence and so forth.

Caesar SYN
11-21-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
CHAMPAGNE ROOM

thats the cheat.
enter it
watch the score video clips
and return the game if u don't like potty humor or bmx

case closed.

btw...i am all for potty homur, nudity, violence and so forth.

AhhMen brother.. that tells it all.. that should eliminate anyones complaints about a bad game.. just move on..

OUberLord
11-21-2002, 11:39 AM
I think that Acclaim can do whatever the hell they want, and this game is just to test the waters. The general consensus is that allthough sex sells, it has to at least have good gameplay behind it. I may rent it just for its shock value but if it isnt a good BMX game im not gonna buy it.

For all the parents and others who are *****ing about the nudity and the cursing: The Xbox has a built in parental lock on every single console. If you dont want your child to play games you dont approve of turn on the lock, its not up to the developer to baby sit your kid. If your a person who doesnt like the game, then dont buy it. Simple as that. Quit *****ing.

Spaztic
11-21-2002, 12:36 PM
Gratuitous nudity should be a requirement in every game. Now that I put this topic to death. The thread should be closed!

DZNUTZ
11-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Gratuitous nudity should be a requirement in every game. Now that I put this topic to death. The thread should be closed!

u didn't put this thread to death..your breath did.
now respond to my pm yuck mouth.

Goku_69
11-21-2002, 04:36 PM
I bought BMX XXX and Motal Kombat: DA the other day. For a bmx game it's not half bad. I put in the code and watched the movies. There not as bad as I thought they would be. There's only like 3 that show nudity. I have been playing MKDA every since I watched the movies. I had to buy the game just cause it causes so much controversy! and in no way do I see it hurting xbox's image.:cool:

xturbox
11-21-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm with DZ on this......bring on the filth....but I must admit that for the xbox's first mature themed game it looks horrible.... those smooshed lookin square edged boobs just scare me more then anything...bmx xxx gives boobs a bad name...and that aint cool at all...!
:(

ARONO129
11-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Funny how people are making such a fuss over this game in a society where it's as easy to buy a high powered rifle as it is a loaf of bread. It's a game people. If you don't like it don't buy it.