PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell vs. Mgs2 which game is better???

xbox genius
11-17-2002, 01:27 AM
is splinter cell better than mgs2 or mgs2 better than splinter cell? i need to know cuz i want to buy either one of them... but i dont have the money to get 2.... i heard splinter cell is stuck with 14 missions and mgs2 has lotta of gameplay like lots of vr missions and lots of alternative missions too......

WHICH IS A BETTER GAME??????????????

sHoP vAc
11-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Splinter cell is a million times better than Mgs2, i bought that game and traded it in for mechassualt.

xbox genius
11-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Or should i just get splinter cell now, then get metal gear solid 3 whenever it comes out???

VenoM
11-17-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius
Or should i just get splinter cell now, then get metal gear solid 3 whenever it comes out???

dont even get mgs3 if ya dont get 2 and if ya havnt even played part 1...it all pretty much ties in together,mgs is a very deep story driven game....if ya havnt played mgs1 and dont plan to then i guess go for splintercell but if ya havnt played mgs1 on psx or pc i suggest you do so...its one of the greatest games ever and after that ya can get into mgs2 and get ready for 3 but again...... if you dont plan on doing that i suggest getting splintercell although mgs2s will have way more gameplay

xboxmaster2002
11-17-2002, 11:52 AM
the Splinter Cell demo is better than MGS2

No Fear 23
11-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
the Splinter Cell demo is better than MGS2

tru dat my freind

dougi3000
11-17-2002, 01:14 PM
MGS2 story mode is craptacular. It is the most horrible game I have every played, if you can call running around for 2 hours, and cutscenes for 8 hours a game.

At least the VR missions actually adds some stealth and gameplay to the "game".

sinizuh
11-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Splinter Cell might looks better than MGS2, but Splinter Cell is boring and short. i've played MGS2 for like a week now and i've only passed it once and completed like 44% of the vr missions... and i haven't even touched SNake Tales... so i'm like... 1/3rd though the game... i'm sure you can pass splinter cell in less than a week :P

mgs2: substance > splinter cell

not to mention splinter cell is boring and to get extra content, you'll have to pay for it.

JeremyX
11-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Splinter Cell

It's just too cool! :cool:

HaloMasterVI
11-17-2002, 10:51 PM
The Splinter Cell Demo beats the entire game of MGS2! I had my doubts about SC, but after playing the demo and fiending for the full game like Pookie fiends for crack, I'm selling plasma for it!

Boring and short? Sounds like you're a victim of hype...

Liquid Gears
11-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance! This game is filled with tons of different things to do in it. You gotta be kiding if you think the demo of Splinter Cell is amazing. It is the worst fu*king demo I have ever played. I had more fun playing the Panza Dragoon demo was better than it :rolleyes: There's nothing great about Splinter Cell and if there is something great in it there's a damn good chance the idea was stolen from Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Please.....VR Missions can take Splinter Cell down in a heart beat, actually just the Boss Survival in MGS2 could. Ha ha ha

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance all the way baby!!

If you think Splinter Cell is better, then go fu*k yourself :rolleyes:

Liquid Gears
11-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
MGS2 story mode is craptacular. It is the most horrible game I have every played, if you can call running around for 2 hours, and cutscenes for 8 hours a game.

At least the VR missions actually adds some stealth and gameplay to the "game".

Try going on Extreme lame'oooooo :rolleyes:

xbox genius
11-17-2002, 11:49 PM
i really look at gameplay and longetivity to get games... so i think mgs2 is sounding good according to some people.... but splinter cell is good too.... hmmm....

if i said i want gameplay and longivity which game u think i should get? hehe maybe i can beg for both.....

JimmieDoogan
11-18-2002, 12:15 AM
MGS games seem to be more of interactive movies than FULL SIZED games. Mind you I have had a GREAT deal of fun with the MGS games, you do way too much movie watching in them. From what I've played with Splinter Cell, it's got amazing gameplay that actually makes you fear being caught, where as in MGS, if you are seen you can easily escape death or capture, even on Hard. I couldn't definitely say I like splinter cell more as I have yet to play the whole game, but all of what I've played has been quite amazing. I think you should reserve such questions until BOTH games can be thuroughly reviewed. Only then will anyone have a truely objective view.

hachirokku
11-18-2002, 01:38 AM
MGS is one of the greatest games ever made. It has an excellent (somewhat confusing) story line, awesome cinematics, movie quality sound track and voice acting, and excellent gameplay. Its pretty tough to top MGS as an entire game.

SC is shaping up to be one hell of a game as well. From playing the demo, SC is better in CERTAIN AREAS than MGS, such as stealth gameplay, environmental interactions, and graphics. Since the real game isn't released yet, I can't say whether SC is a better game over all, so we will have to wait and see.

evil xbox king
11-18-2002, 03:49 AM
If you think that MGS2 is any good, then you should go see a psychiatrist. This thread has been done to death anyway. If you want a REAL GAME and not some rip-off movie, then SC is your only option. The MGS2 creater himself said that he would like to use some of SC's techniques in one of Snake's next adventures. In MGS2, you have a radar that tells you where enemies are and what their line of vision is. Compare this to SC, where you have no clue what is around the next corner. Plus, the storyline has been over seen by Tom Clancy, so you can be sure that it's not some stupid guy with a nuclear mech that's trying to destroy life as we know it. The gadgets in SC are so cool, and the graphics are unmatched. Need I say more? Splinter Cell is your only choice, if you choose MGS2:S then you should trade it in for SC straight away.

Nato King
11-18-2002, 09:36 AM
I just have two words for you:

SPLINTER CELL:)

Batman2372
11-18-2002, 10:23 AM
near the end of the game in MGS2, I fell asleep during a cutscene and woke up with the cutscene still going! I didn't buy a game to watch a movie. I bought a game to play a game!

Splinter Cell is much better.

evil xbox king
11-19-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Batman2372
near the end of the game in MGS2, I fell asleep during a cutscene and woke up with the cutscene still going! I didn't buy a game to watch a movie. I bought a game to play a game!

Splinter Cell is much better.

lol....I didn't even finish MGS2. I was halfway through and I returned it. I spent about 10 minutes playing and 5 hours watching cutscenes.

Marc_01
11-19-2002, 11:49 AM
I haven't played MGS2 but the first one was pretty cool. I wasn't so cool that i would rush out and buy MGS2 right away. But that is my opinion.

The demo for SC is fantastic, this game can be played so many ways its rediculous. I've never had a demo where i could play it over and over.

SO the combo of completeing levels serveral ways and that 14 missions are already completed for us to download is awesome. So yes, you will be able to play this game for a long time. And of course you will have to play for them if they come in a pack, Red Storm/ubi has done this from day one with Rainbow Six.

MGS2 and SC are two different games. If you want to play a movie and be pulled into a story, get MGS2. If you would like a more real life stealth experience, get SC.

Afro Aura
11-19-2002, 07:01 PM
definitely Splinter Cell, I've just played MGS2 and I think this game it totally rubbish I'm doing an exchange when SC is in stock

xbox genius
11-20-2002, 05:32 PM
hmmm so far splinter cell sounds real good... but can any of u guys tell me if it is kinda of a short game or not?

CALzinger
11-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by sHoP vAc
Splinter cell is a million times better than Mgs2, i bought that game and traded it in for mechassualt.

and good decision, MECH ASSAULT OWNZ!
(and yes, i only read the first few posts so i only quote those)