PDA

View Full Version : Will thier be a keyboard and mouse?

t3knoman
11-17-2001, 12:16 AM
Will thier be a keyboard and mouse? for fps and games like that.

Rancey
11-17-2001, 12:38 AM
Not a microsoft kb and mouse, but most probably there will be 3rd party mouse + keyboard

Hugh_Jass
11-17-2001, 09:26 PM
I doubt MS will give a license to publish any FPS that supports keyboard and mouse. It is counter to their propaganda to convince us that XBox is not a PC.

Brian
11-18-2001, 06:50 PM
Well my friend asked me the same question and I was wondering about it too. But what I think is it wont plug into the back of the console, but it will plug into one of those I/O Slots where the controllers go.. :P

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 09:24 AM
From all my understanding I do not believe they will have a mouse. The wanted to stay away from the pc image.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 12:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but, I bought a gaming console, not a PC...I already have two PCs...I don't need a third. But, if MS decides to create a mouse and a keyboard (or a 3rd party company), it's fine with me...but, I won't buy them.

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 12:34 PM
When I first tried Halo on the store demo, I thought a keyboard and mouse would be a must for FPS games and such, but after getting used to the controls, using the controller becomes second nature, although it still isn't as easy to use as a KB and Mouse, it works just fine.

Mark7305
11-19-2001, 06:57 PM
Well, if you look on your XBOX controller cord, towards the bottom, there is a plastic hump that you can seperate. If you look, the controller is now PS2 compatible, so Microsoft will definately be making some sort of things for that kind of port....

P.S. I noticed that when I accidentally pulled the controller while playing Halo... hehe :)

[edit] I myself will not buy a keyboard or mouse for this CONSOLE... I already have 3 comps in my house.. ugh[edit]

scarecrow kfj
11-20-2001, 09:23 AM
Ok I understand people like to play games with the key board and such, but when you buy a gaming system dont you understand that it is a gaming system not a pc. Why do you want to change it? So you can do homework and papers on it? budget your taxes? I mean D@amn what is your problem... ok I am done ranting.. No offence

Kennedy
11-20-2001, 09:53 AM
i think they do need to make a keyboard for when you go online, and when your playing people from bulgaria in halo, you wanna be able to diss em' after blowing em' up!!! like this

"take that you bulgarian hippie!!!"

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 11:16 AM
Kennedy...why type trash when you can just say it live by litereally talking trash? :D
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1637.jpg
:D:D:D:D

Kennedy
11-20-2001, 11:32 AM
o yea! i forgot about that accesorie, so how does it work? is it like the ones people use with their computers, like what they say gets typed automattically, or can people actually hear you over a internet connection? if thats so, thats a must buy if your planning on online bulgarian hippie smashing!!!