PDA

View Full Version : Burned Cd's

canadianboi3
11-17-2002, 11:40 AM
For burned music cd's, how can i burn it to have it work on the xbox? do i use cd-rw, change the format, wat. any info would be appreciated.

No Fear 23
11-17-2002, 12:08 PM
i dont think burned cd's work on xbox

sandeep
11-17-2002, 12:44 PM
well, i made a mix cd on my computer, and copied it to my xbox without any problems.

i just burned it like i would any normal mix cd, with a normal cdr.

it's easier to do that for me, because i dont need to rip one song from each of my cds, i can just put them together on my pc, then burn them.

i bought my xbox recently, so maybe i have a newer one or something? i dunno. but it works fine for me.

by the way incase you're wondering, my xbox isn't chipped or modded or anything like that. and i don't plan on it being so anytime soon.

y2kash_14
11-18-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by sandeep
well, i made a mix cd on my computer, and copied it to my xbox without any problems.

i just burned it like i would any normal mix cd, with a normal cdr.

it's easier to do that for me, because i dont need to rip one song from each of my cds, i can just put them together on my pc, then burn them.

i bought my xbox recently, so maybe i have a newer one or something? i dunno. but it works fine for me.

by the way incase you're wondering, my xbox isn't chipped or modded or anything like that. and i don't plan on it being so anytime soon.

what format are you using?

NINE BREAKER
11-18-2002, 02:20 AM
cd-rw works fine on mine:D

BCan
11-18-2002, 04:20 AM
I believe it is only CDR-W that works with the XBOX........

Zion
11-18-2002, 07:19 AM
You have to use CD-RW (new Xbox's might accept CDR...don't know) and they have to be in normal .wav format.

sandeep
11-18-2002, 01:37 PM
it was a normal cdr, but i didnt just burn mp3s to it, i made a proper audio cd.

xXsupermanXx
11-18-2002, 02:11 PM
hears a site that tells you what cd-r and cr-rws work

http://www.xbxonline.com/directory/online/workingcdrs/index.htm

sandeep
11-18-2002, 02:21 PM
the one i used was a Cicero 80 minute cdr. i got it on a 100 disc spindle. if that helps anyone :)

canadianboi3
11-18-2002, 05:26 PM
well i know that there are music cd-rw's and normal cd-rw's, does it make a difference??

MerimacHamwich
11-18-2002, 06:00 PM
You have to burn it onto a CD-RW. I think you have to use a special brand too. You also have to change them into .cda format. The files will become larger but will be in cd-format. Therfor they will sound clear and be read by the xbox.

# 1 Stunner
11-18-2002, 06:27 PM
it has worked with cd rw's wityh me..

CALzinger
11-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Zion
You have to use CD-RW (new Xbox's might accept CDR...don't know) and they have to be in normal .wav format.

i bought xbox at release. can i use cd-r with .wav and have it work? or do i need to use cd-rw?

sandeep
11-18-2002, 10:52 PM
^ easiest way to figure that out would be to stick a cdr into your xbox and see if it reads it :)

im sure you've got some mix cds around that you've burned. if not, it isn't too hard to make one.

from the sound of it, you'll just have to try the cdrs that you use, and your xbox to see if it works for you. depends on the media and the hardware i suppose.