PDA

View Full Version : Problem Saving and Loading Halo, please help!!

fanofslipknotib
11-17-2001, 02:42 AM
PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS AND ANSWER ME, FOR A FELLOW XBOX FAN!

OK, My bro and I started a co-op campaign, and we beat the first two levels("Pillar of Autumn" and "Halo"). We got to the third level, which I think is called something reconciliation. anyways, when the level started, the screen said "checkpoint...saved", like usual. We decided to play a little longer, until the next checkpoint. We did, and then stopped. When we came back the next day, we had to start at the beginning of the 3rd level, instead of where we last hit a checkpoint. We thought nothing of it since it wasn't too hard to get to that part anyways. So, we went and beat the entire third level, which I have to say was kind of hard. We beat it, and the 4th level started, and when it started, the screen said "checkpoint saved". So, we decided to stop". A little later we went back to play, and it started us at the beginning of the 3rd level!! so now we have the beat the third level all over again.

SO, my question is this. How do you save you're campaign in Halo, and then, how do you load it so it loads where you left off?

palution
11-17-2001, 02:58 AM
Your weak I am at the last check point of the game. Well anyway u can't save every check point when playing co-op on halo. Every check point is only saved like that on 1 player mode.

batman46st
11-17-2001, 09:10 AM
yup u gotta pause the game and save it my friend.

SquirrelJam
11-17-2001, 11:22 AM
A couple things could be going on here. But since I don't know all your info, I try to cover a few things which may or may not help you.

I'm assuming that when you quit, you are going to the "Save and Quite" selection. That's a no brainer.

The other factors are; if you change your "difficulty" setting, everything you have gained on that level will be lost and you play the level again at the new chosen "difficulty" setting.

If you play a different "profile" Master Chielf character, you will pick up where that one left off. I have four profiles already made and I made the mistake of playing one, when I wanted the other.

Just make sure that you are consistent with all the settings. I'm sure you just might have missed something or were possibly careless. Try it again and report back here if it happens again. Good luck

fanofslipknotib
11-17-2001, 12:56 PM
No, everytime me and my brother started up the co-op, he was first player and used his profile, and I was second and I used mine.

Also, the only things it says I can do when I pause it are:

Resume Game
Revert to Saved
Restart Level
Quit

There is nothing that says "Save Game" or "Save and Quit". Any other suggestions? I think it's really dumb they just dont have a save option.

fanofslipknotib
11-17-2001, 01:35 PM
After examining further, I started a one player game, and it has the "Save and Quit" option instead of the straight out "quit" that the co-op mode has.

Also, even when my bro and I would think we saved it, it only updated on my profile. Hos profile level is still on The Pillar of Autumn, and mine is on that reconciliation.

fanofslipknotib
11-17-2001, 07:07 PM
OK, me and my bro just hit "revert to save" at every checkpoint, and now it is fine.

SquirrelJam
11-19-2001, 10:41 AM
"Revert To Save" Thanks for the tip! I knew you'd figure it out. I haven't played co-op yet. So I think you may have just saved me from a possible headache.

MAKO
11-24-2001, 10:55 PM
Is that revert to saved at every check point or just when quiting?