PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst Stores To Buy Games

ARONO129
11-17-2002, 09:25 PM
In my city (in Canada) the best stores to buy games are:

Best

1. Zellers-They give you an exchange for another type of game or a refund.

2. EB & Compucentre (tied)-You can exchange 1X only for another type of game.

Worst

1. Walmart & Future Shop (tied)-Exchange for same game only.

I think this thread can apply to a lot of people because most stores are chain stores.

Liquid Gears
11-17-2002, 09:44 PM
What are you talkin' about buddy?! :rolleyes:

Future shop is the best, man. Their the only store I can find that sells games for a cheap price. Also, who cares if they make you exchange for the same game only? Why would you want to switch for another game? If the game you wanted to return is a bad game, then it's your own fault. You should have tested it and rented it before you bought it.

Future shops my store to buy games. Their games are always in on release day, also. I can always count on them. As for Toys R Us, they are the worst store to get games. Their games always come in late. They are never on time. They are definitely the worst store of all.

wweomaniac
11-17-2002, 10:10 PM
Being there on release date prize - EB
Prices - Sometimes, Futureshop has better prices
Nicer staff - EB
Closeness to me :) - Future shop.
Cool lookingness of store - Future Shop

I would consider both EB and Futureshop tied. I dare not walk into a wal mart or zellers

Kooster
11-17-2002, 10:33 PM
ive never heard of a store that would exchange an open game for a different one. all i have near me are all the big chains...toys r us, gamestop, eb, best buy, circuit city, etc.....

ARONO129
11-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
What are you talkin' about buddy?! :rolleyes:

Future shop is the best, man. Their the only store I can find that sells games for a cheap price. Also, who cares if they make you exchange for the same game only? Why would you want to switch for another game? If the game you wanted to return is a bad game, then it's your own fault. You should have tested it and rented it before you bought it.

Future shops my store to buy games. Their games are always in on release day, also. I can always count on them. As for Toys R Us, they are the worst store to get games. Their games always come in late. They are never on time. They are definitely the worst store of all.

In my city there are three stores with better policies than Future Shop (and Walmart) so why would I buy a game there? I don't believe that any store is out the $ for a returned game.

So I go to Future Shop and buy an item for $4.99 and return it no problem but if I buy a game for $85 CDN (with taxes) and I'm out almost $100?

I stand by what I said. Walmart and Future Shop have lousy return policies and don't deserve my gaming business.

NINE BREAKER
11-18-2002, 02:10 AM
Best= Hastings. The games are always there on time, return policy sucks as$, but good customer service.

On Cue would be, but the games are delayed alot.

Worst= Walmart, 'nuff said

Other than that theres Blockbuster ut never bought a game from them, and thats all there is around here.

evil xbox king
11-18-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Kooster
ive never heard of a store that would exchange an open game for a different one. all i have near me are all the big chains...toys r us, gamestop, eb, best buy, circuit city, etc.....

I exchanged an opened WWE Raw for Commando's 2: Men of Courage at Electronics Boutique. The EB near me has a policy that you may exchange any game (opened/unopened) for any other game within ten days of purchase.*

*Must be purchased at EB

-------------------------

Cheapest- Target

Best Return Policy- Electronics Boutique

Instore quickest- www.topshop.com.au

Worst- Myer

Zion
11-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Sounds like you're not rating stores to buy games.....you're rating stores on where you can take games back after you open them. That ain't cool.

Anyway, WalMart rules because they always have about a dozen or so games for $10-$20...they don't have any space so if a game is a month old they'll mark it down to make room for the new games. I've built up a collection of over 50 games with almost no investment (I buy a few extras to sell) so you might want to keep an eye out at WalMart. They don't care, they'll mark anything down.

Originally posted by ARONO129
In my city (in Canada) the best stores to buy games are:

Best

1. Zellers-They give you an exchange for another type of game or a refund.

2. EB & Compucentre (tied)-You can exchange 1X only for another type of game.

Worst

1. Walmart & Future Shop (tied)-Exchange for same game only.

:confused:

ARONO129
11-18-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Sounds like you're not rating stores to buy games.....you're rating stores on where you can take games back after you open them. That ain't cool.

Anyway, WalMart rules because they always have about a dozen or so games for $10-$20...they don't have any space so if a game is a month old they'll mark it down to make room for the new games. I've built up a collection of over 50 games with almost no investment (I buy a few extras to sell) so you might want to keep an eye out at WalMart. They don't care, they'll mark anything down.

:confused:

You are right. I should have called the thread "Best and worst stores to return games". But if someone buys a game and they don't like the game, for example a WWF Raw or Kabuki Warriors type game, why should they be stuck with it. I don't believe the store takes the loss. For me when I pay $85 for a game the option of returning it for another game or a refund is important to me. Companies that make lousy games to make a quick buck ain't cool.

evil xbox king
11-19-2002, 12:39 AM
I hearby announce that all stores should either burn all their crappy games or give them to Gamespot to drool over. If this announcement is at the loss of PS2 then I don't care.