PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Xbox 2

Bigwig
11-18-2002, 04:34 AM
Moving analog sticks. You get decked in a fighting game your character gets nocked to the left. The analog stick flys to the left and you have to straighten it or fall over. I heard this idea at another forum.

Dre
11-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Moving analog sticks. You get decked in a fighting game your character gets nocked to the left. The analog stick flys to the left and you have to straighten it or fall over. I heard this idea at another forum.

Sorta like a force-feedback analog stick... I like the idea. Could be pretty neat if implemented well. I just don't wanna feel like I'm battling the controller in a game though, but if it feels natural to counter the movement, I'm all for it.

Nato King
11-18-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Sorta like a force-feedback analog stick... I like the idea. Could be pretty neat if implemented well. I just don't wanna feel like I'm battling the controller in a game though, but if it feels natural to counter the movement, I'm all for it.

Like Dre said it could be pretty neat. I also like the idea. I just don't want them to make the controller any bigger because I think the controller is big enough as it is.:)

GokuX
11-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Bigwig

You mean something like this:

http://www.gravis.com/_images/prod_treat_sm_1080.gif

It has a force feedback D-Pad that basically does what you were thinking. It has a nice range of motion and can move based on the effect. It can shift side to side, move in a circular motion, etc. I myself own one and it's pretty nifty. The toilet flushing effect is the best. Yeah they could do some cool stuff for a fighting game. As long as it isn't overly obtrusive and a chore to deal with like Dre pointed out.