PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of their XBox controllers?

juvenile
11-17-2001, 12:05 PM
I personally have no problems with mine; it is comfortable and functions well. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks considering the sour reviews some of the critics gave the controllers.

Phiresun
11-17-2001, 12:42 PM
My controlers are great. Even my 7yr old has no problem with it. I might check out some third party controlers for my third and foruth controller. I love mine so far though.:D

xboxman_1
11-17-2001, 12:48 PM
I don't know why all those people said the controller was too big or bulky. I think it's perfect! The button placements are eay to handle, and it works great with Halo. It's a lot more creative and well designed then Sony's controller.

mojo__31
11-17-2001, 01:00 PM
I love the controllers. The bigger size keeps your hand more confortable longer without cramping up like every other consoles controller has done for me.

Snoopy7548
11-17-2001, 05:36 PM
i think its awesome, after using the xbox controller for a while, i couldnt go back to the psx controller, the psx one felt way too small and light, and it felt like the buttons were too close

superbango12
11-17-2001, 05:43 PM
Personally i think the xbox controller is great!Dont know why people think its to uuuuggg.I played it with Munches Oddysee and i loved the way you manuvered.The button alighnments are good and it feels good on your hand.Eat that ***cube lovers. :cool:

WebmasterY2J
11-17-2001, 08:40 PM
i love the x-box controllers, i have went through halo and unlocked all of the fighters movies in doa3 with no problems and easy configuration. nice controllers with out a doubt :)

Hugh_Jass
11-17-2001, 09:32 PM
The controller feels comfortable, natural, and intuitive. What more could you ask for?

Marc
11-18-2001, 01:13 AM
It's almost perfect...

PlayingGames247
11-18-2001, 07:53 PM
I have heard a lot of fuss... people saying they are too big too bulky...etc..

I think the controller is Great. :D :D :D

The only issue I have...is getting used to the button pattern after using other controllers for so long.

Not to mention the added "Inline Release" feature. ( this rules in the event that you have small kids or clumsy friends ).

Heyyoudvd
11-18-2001, 08:23 PM
At first, I thought it was the worst controller ever made, but after holding it for a while, I think it's pretty good.

It still doesn't compare to GCN's controller, though.

skoot182
11-18-2001, 08:42 PM
the only problem i have is if i have to push the start or back button, it takes a few seconds to reposition my hands.

but other than that, its great

juvenile
11-19-2001, 12:17 AM
It still doesn't compare to GCN's controller, though.

Well that is a matter of opinion. I was able to play a Game Cube for the second time yesterday and spent a large amount of time focusing on finger placement and comfort issues on the GC controller (my hands are average size). The GC controller seems too small to me (heh probably is too small for me after using my XBox controller). My XBox controller feels like a third hand!

SciFi
11-19-2001, 12:19 AM
still getting useto the buttons, but other then that the only problem was with the start/back buttons and the 2 top buttons nearest to the right trigger... but i am almost over that:D

teXman
11-19-2001, 01:35 AM
The thing you have to do before using the XBox controller is forget about every other controller you've ever played with because even though other controllers have been ergonomic in the sense that holding the controller is comfortable/natural the buttons were not. With the XBOX's controller the buttons are placed exactly where your thumbs rest. This makes it kinda hard for me to initially locate the buttons without looking at the controller. I'd prefer it for Adventure/Driving/Action, but for fighting I'd have to go with the PS2 controller. Feels like I'm in control of the controller while pulling off my visicious Yoshimitsu combos.

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 11:00 AM
I love having evrything in a comfortable reach. reach all buttons w/o having to stretch or bunch up my fingers. love it

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 11:15 AM
The XBox controller is the best controller I have ever played on. It only took me a matter of a minute to get used to...and I played for hours last weekend...my hands NEVER got cramped and my thumbs still look the same they did before playing :D

Try having those results with a LameCube or PoS2 controller :D You won't :p