PDA

View Full Version : dead to rights

rwingd23
11-18-2002, 04:15 PM
i have heard this is an awesome game but does it live up to all the hype? i would really like to buy it but i dont want to waste the money some one help me out please?

SlightlySycho
11-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Let me put it this way: it's a PS2 port that somehow wound up on XBox first. Not only do the graphics suck, the control set-up only makes sense if it was originally designed for a controller with four shoulder buttons. Not to mention the game is beyond frustratingly hard.

Stay away. Far away.

Reclaimer
11-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Let me say this. The game brings an interesting concept to the Xbox. Violence, adjustable camera, a player controlled dog, hand to hand combat, and a brief and over hyped stripper segment. But of all things, the game fails to deliver. Lack luster graphics, idiotic enemy AI, extreme repetitiveness, and my favorite, the scandolous stripper segement where basically you play Parappa the Rapper with a poorly drawn stripper. (Match the buttons with the moves in the correct sequence) Everybody was like ohhh there's a stripper how naughty. DOn't worry it adds nothng to the game. Anyhow, I was disapointed. All these concepts applied to a game and it stank. Another thing, the graphics rendered in the Opening movie in no way represent the game. I was mad after watching the movie and then playing the game. This is a rent first game. Dont rush out and buy it.

Black_Tek
11-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Let me say this. The game brings an interesting concept to the Xbox. Violence, adjustable camera, a player controlled dog, hand to hand combat, and a brief and over hyped stripper segment. But of all things, the game fails to deliver. Lack luster graphics, idiotic enemy AI, extreme repetitiveness, and my favorite, the scandolous stripper segement where basically you play Parappa the Rapper with a poorly drawn stripper. (Match the buttons with the moves in the correct sequence) Everybody was like ohhh there's a stripper how naughty. DOn't worry it adds nothng to the game. Anyhow, I was disapointed. All these concepts applied to a game and it stank. Another thing, the graphics rendered in the Opening movie in no way represent the game. I was mad after watching the movie and then playing the game. This is a rent first game. Dont rush out and buy it.

What type of philosophy books do u read? and what book do u suggest?:cool:

Reclaimer
11-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Black_Tek

What type of philosophy books do u read? and what book do u suggest?:cool:

I didn't think anyone paid attention to what was actually what was beneath my posts. Well anyway, not to disapoint, I'm not actually studying philosphy in it's actual regards. I want to keep this short and not get into the actual construction of my being, but in short, I agree with the statement that yourself is the only thing valid. The most important aspect is to know yourself, and trust yourself because in the end that's all you are going to have. I didn't know there was a name for that belief. Well it turns out that I like the Rollins Band, and Henry Rollins is a major advocate of internal strength from within. That he basically teaches through his music that you will survive anything if you yourself is strong. A strong body, a clear mind, and clean blood, and you can survive life and forge ahead through anything.
He writes books and short stories. Well, "Solipsist" is the name of a book he wrote. It's a collection of ramblings, short stories and other works of fiction. In the preface he mentions what solipsist meant, and it clicked with me. I thought, oh hey, that's me. Maybe I would get into philosphy. It does seem interesting. Sorry if it's not what you expected, or the fact that's way out of topic. I know you might feel cheated and you where expecting me to tell you something about actual philosphy, but that's where I got it, and that's where I am.
Sort of like philosphy for a rogue warrior in a modern age I guess, if you look at it in a certain light.

BTW to keep this post in the actual topic, D2R sucks. Period.

rwingd23
11-19-2002, 09:28 PM
if not that then what games do you suggest?

Reclaimer
11-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by rwingd23
if not that then what games do you suggest?

I'm merely giving my opinion about D2R, rent it first before you decide for yourself. There's a ton of new games out there. I'm a little behind on picking them up. The last good one I got was Conflict Desert Storm. I bought Robotech, but I'm thinking of trading that game in later on. Even though I don't have Live I was considering Ghost Recon as a single player game. I need to catch up and start renting some games.

Cloud Strife
11-28-2002, 05:00 PM
I rented Dead to Rights back in August and I thought it was great. The game could get very frustrating but it was addictive. I could agree some of the mini-games were stupid. The game is on sale now at Targer for $37.99.

Black_Tek
11-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Dead II Rights is a game with a rugid texture and hard terrain....in my opinion its beyond powers of a lot of gamers....I bought it one month after it have been released and I still can't pass the scene of the grave yard where all those snippers are squeezing the trigger happy at yeah...So I suggest to rent it first before buying it....and I am really surprise for the fast drop in the price on this game that didn't put up with its value for 6 months....

ibeathalo
12-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Lets just say I was hoping for a kick ass game and got a kick me in the ass game. You have to try levels over and over and over. I had to try on mission for 1 hour just to beat it, and it was only the third level:mad: . Just stay away and dont spend the ******* money. Save it for splinter cell!!!!!!!

RudedogX
12-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Well, I know this thread is kinda old, but I just read it. Anyway, though I agree that this game could have had some better graphics, a little less difficulty in some areas, I don't agree with the control scheme or the replayability. Some of the areas I played numerous times after I passed them for the simple fact that they were one hell of a tension release after I got home from a tough day at work. There is nothing like blasting the hell out of a few people to make all things right with the world.:eek: :D

Ford Mustang
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
That philosophy is called "solipsism"

Kleen
01-09-2003, 05:04 PM
DtR is an OK game. The minuses are:

- bad graphics
- horrible auto-aim / threat detection
- crappy camera scheme/controls -- you control the camera like a cameraman instead of turning the characters head. i.e. The directions are reversed, left is right and vice versa. There is no option to change this lunacy.

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Kleen
DtR is an OK game. The minuses are:

- bad graphics
- horrible auto-aim / threat detection
- crappy camera scheme/controls -- you control the camera like a cameraman instead of turning the characters head. i.e. The directions are reversed, left is right and vice versa. There is no option to change this lunacy. I thought the graphics didn't look that bad and the aiming was perfect. Namco can never go wrong in making a game. I prefer controling the camera because I can set it were I want it.

Kleen
01-13-2003, 09:06 AM
The auto-aim picks a guy 50 feet away on a catwalk when there are three guys surrounding you with shotguns. You have to keep pulling the trigger and praying it will pick a closer enemy. That and the unchangeable assbackwards camera (left is right, right is left) make this game suck. The lame hand-to-hand system (no including disarms) and crappy graphics are just icing on the cake.

The game is frustrating because the poor controls make it difficult where is shouldn't be difficult.