PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else angry.?

Heatwave
11-19-2002, 05:05 AM
I sure mad that the game programers never use the full potential of the current gaming systems. The console companies always want to make a more powerful system, but the gaming companies never use the power of the curent systems. I don't get it, if Microsoft allegely lost money on each system why are they already making a new one?

As I predicted, most Playstation games are just merly converted to the X-Box. Don't get me wrong, I like many of the Playstation tiitles, but they don't utilize the X-box power. Ugg... About every 1 out of 10 games are worth playing. Grapics are not everthing. Games need a good balance of graphics, story and lengthy game play. At $60 a pop it better be good. Any other thoughts out there?

rwingd23
11-19-2002, 06:38 AM
i agree with you but its gotta be hard because games take a long time to make so they dont know the true power of what they are dealing with but with that im goin out on a limb to side with the developers i can see in the near futer things starting to heat up and will will see the x box at full power

PEACE

GokuX
11-19-2002, 07:09 AM
It's all about the bottom line. Get the game out to another group of consumers, ie Xbox owners and GC owners ASAP in order to quickly make some more money. Don't bother with time consuming "enhancements."

skysaw
11-19-2002, 10:21 AM
What's an evergame?

Leviathon
11-19-2002, 10:58 AM
I don't quite understand it either. Before the Xbox came out programmers stated that they were excited that the xbox was coming out and how were excited about how the xbox was going to be built or put together. Programmers said that it is going to be easier to program games for the xbox because of its PC format. So why aren't they developing games for the xbox first then porting it over to the PS2 or GC?

LynxFX
11-19-2002, 11:49 AM
if Microsoft allegely lost money on each system why are they already making a new one?
Because that is how you stay competetive. Just because they started doesn't mean it is coming out in a year or two or maybe even three. Consoles take alot of R&D and it is best to have a headstart, as Sony found out. Xbox was never going to be the money maker for Microsoft and they knew it. Xbox bought them name recognition and a fanbase.

I totally agree with the developers not using the potential of the Xbox. Heck some don't even use the bare minimum and it is truly sad.

Afro Aura
11-19-2002, 12:53 PM
I agree with you Heatwave there are too many games that I've seen that I am really disgusted with ALL of EA games, Time Splitters, MGS2:Substance and so on

someone said it's all about money and thats a real shame because if they did make an effort to at least do some work on their ports I'm sure they would sell a whole load more

I wouldn't buy EA games, the only way I would is if its an exclusive and it won't be ported to some other machine because it's acually using the XBOX's power

Heatwave
11-19-2002, 04:54 PM
nearly all the Game Cube games look great. Its like the old Dream Cast system. They were bought out sometime after. I imagine they did not want the competition? Anyway, why nearly all their games look better. Is it in the Nintendo/programming contract or something? They are more kid based, but they seem to be doing it right. Micro Soft should build some programming to help the programmers make better games in less time. Just a thought. I don't know but its frustrating and I am starting to lean to a PS2. Most all Xbox games are also PC games, so I can get PS2 titles and most likey X-box titles on my PC. I'm quickly loosing faith in Microsoft.

Leviathon, programmers loved the X-box because they can easily convert it to the X-box and that means more profit. Not better games as we have seen. Well, other than Halo. Can't wait for the Halo 2, ok so I might get two good games from the X-box.

ecco
11-19-2002, 05:41 PM
It takes a lot to make a good game, yes. But look at the value differences between something like Halo and Kabuki Warriors. I don't see how anyone could've thought Kabuki Warriors would've been a good game. The best games are always the ones you have to wait for. Look at Project Ego, still no release date. I'll bet it'll be one hell of a game, though. Peter M. isn't an idiot, he realizes that the same old RPG plot gets old quick (wow, that just about sums up all the Final Fantasy games). When you look at games, how many are just 'okay'. They're usually great, or sucky. It doesn't take a whole lot to tell the difference between the two. I don't see why more devs can't realize if a game is shotty or not, and improve it if it is.

As for PS2>Xbox ports, they just **** me off. My friend bought Time Splitters 2 for Xbox, what a joke. Of course they couldn't expand the free memory in the map maker. No, let's make the Xbox owners suffer because the PS2 is a shotty console.

~ Chris

Xbox Owner
11-19-2002, 05:48 PM
Splinter Cell.

Afro Aura
11-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Splinter Cell.
Yeah but thats still going to end up on the PC, PS2 and the Gamecube (I think) so lets see how good this game will turn out on the PS2, I'm sure the Gamecube could do a decent job

rwingd23
11-20-2002, 02:41 PM
hes right there is a fine line between a great game and a bad game and its different for every one example i like the spiderman games there awesome but there are some ppl out there who think the spiderman discs are only useful as costers as for console potential graphics arent everything i still find myself getting caught up in snes games just cuz they are fun

peace out

JimmieDoogan
11-20-2002, 02:59 PM
I agree with the developers. It takes so long to make a game, it's hardly profitable to pay the same dev team to ENHANCE it for another system, as it could take them another year to actually get something truely different looking in a ported game. I also agree that they should start development on Xbox then move down, I bet it would save time. However, their obviously going to side with the majority (even though it is hellashously underpowered in comparison) because the majority is where the market is. If Xbox was on top, that's exactly how things would be. But come on yall... did any of you actually expect the Xbox to beat out the competition its first year? Yeah right! Even MS knew they wouldn't be running the show with Xbox... they have the potential to do so with their next system though. And that is why their making Xbox 2...