PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

Kdogg
11-19-2002, 08:14 AM
I just have 2 simple questions that I need answered. In March I am traveling from Texas to Collorado with the parents and wife to go skiiing.(Makes for a great road trip.....;P) The great thing is that pops has a power converter.

1) What I need to know is do any of you electrical guys out there know the wattage that the XBOX pulls? I want to make sure that the small TV and XBOX don't pull more juice than the PS can provide(otherwise I need to go buy a bigger converter). What's even better is the wife was asking if that means we could play Halo together the whole way up there.... YEAH BABY!!!!! Also do ya'll forsee any problems with doing this. I don't want to have us brokedown in the middle of no where just cause I couldn't get enough Halo.....

2)On Unreal Tournament 2003(on the PC), I know that it requires that you have a beefy setup or else your framerate severly suffers. How does it play on the XBOX? Especially muliplayer.....Is the grafix processor not up to par to support the resources that this game needs? I have heard a few talk about the framerate and wanted to know actually how much it suffers. Maybe I should rent it first. I am a big FPS fan, so this could sway wether or not I get XBL right now or wait till later.

What is yall's take on it?

Thanks guys AND the few gals on here too.

Kdogg

I also posted this on xbox.com

JJaX
11-19-2002, 08:50 AM
Unreal championship runs like Unreal 2k3 on a 486.

It was horrible. I returned it right away.

Its a joke, it runs at like 15 FPS, tops.

Kdogg
11-19-2002, 09:39 AM
[i]

Its a joke, it runs at like 15 FPS, tops. [/B]

Please tell me you are kidding! I hope that was a typo and you menat 150 or more not 15.......

Any idea on the XBOX wattage that it pulls?

bbchs_trash
11-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Unreal played just fine for me....

I experienced no lag on Live, while loads of people were saying thats all they were getting. I had a great time playing and am in the process of trading Shenmue 2 and sealed Rallisport for it. I liked it a lot, and btw, I'm on cable...