PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell and MK Deadly Alliance mini review

Chaotic
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
I just picked up both of these games today and have have had a little chance to play them but i will give my first impressions.

Splinter cell.

Graphics are simply amazing, gameplay seems fluid and responsive and there is a wide variety of moves and gadgets to play around with throughout the game. So far by just running around and testing out the gameplay and controls i can say im very impressed!

MK Deadly Alliance

By far the best MK ever made IMO, great graphics, great sound, very nice game play ,awesome moves and you can basically select your type of fighting style. I can't wait to figure out some of these fatalities and also unlock hidden characthers as im sure there will be some as mortal kombat is known for the hidden chars and hidden special moves and just wierd things to find throughout the game.

Splinter cell first impression 9.2

MK first impression 8.9

studepaber
11-19-2002, 01:05 PM
I picked these up today and will play them after work, guess no xbox live tonight, ha.

tWoTOMA
11-19-2002, 08:00 PM
I went to get Splinter Cell today, but they were all sold out, so I stumbled across MKDA (thought it came out on the 22nd?). What a great game. I was excited about it because I'm a diehard MK fan, but this exceeded my expectations. The graphics are great despite it being multiplatform, the new engine is the best I've played, and there is plenty of old school to go in with the new. My rating is a 9.5!

As for Splinter Cell, I haven't played the game or the demo, but I've never been so excited for a game. All reviews that I read (besides ***spot) say that this is one of the, if not the, best games ever made.

Too bad I fell for hype and bought Unreal Championship and lost the reciept! Now I'm broke with no way to get SS for a while.

Chaotic
11-19-2002, 08:15 PM
This by far is IMO the one of the best if not the best game ever made.

It is pure genious and i get chills down my body when i play this game that's how intense it gets. You really do feel like your sam fisher sneaking up on guys and excuting your next moves with stealth and accurcy is just par none. The graphics best i have ever seen anywhere.

Do yourself a favor and get this game ASAP!

PcPreacher
11-20-2002, 02:43 AM
Got Splinter Cell today, played about 4-6 hrs and so far it is the best game i have ever seen or played ( sorry Halo but you just got bumped to #2)

ScorpionX
11-20-2002, 03:27 PM
What characters are in MK: DA and how long will it last with all the game modes?

studepaber
11-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
What characters are in MK: DA and how long will it last with all the game modes?

Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Li Mei, Mavado, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Sonya, Sub Zero,
Cyrax, Drahmin, Frost, Hsu Hao, Jax, Kitana, Nitara,
Raiden, Reptile, Blaze and Moloch. It should last awhile with the Konquest mode and building up coins in arcade mode as well. Plus there's 676 koffins to unlock so if you want to unlock everything it should take a LONG time...

Heavens Gate
11-20-2002, 07:32 PM
I bought Splinter Cell today and all I can say is four words:

GAME
OF
THE
YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joenofb
11-21-2002, 12:23 AM
hey ChaoticMage, I'm from Schaumburg too. I didn't get Splinter cell yet.... my xbox won't read discs. I did pick up MK:DA on PS2 for my girlfriends little brother for x-mas, but i'll have to wait til i give it to him to try it. Later

Chaotic
11-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Where at in schaumburg do you live?

Im off plum grove rd.

joenofb
11-22-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm off of Springinsguth. I'm thinking about buying a new x-box from walmart, putting my old xbox into the package and then returning it, anybody think it'll work?

Chaotic
11-22-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by joenofb
I'm off of Springinsguth. I'm thinking about buying a new x-box from walmart, putting my old xbox into the package and then returning it, anybody think it'll work?

Yes it will work from walmart, but what i would do is buy it wait 1 week take it back and say it doesnt work!

damn man u live close as hell to me.

Do you go to conant highschool or schaumburg?

Im out of school actually but im just curious.

I went to conant 4 years ago