PDA

View Full Version : about ps3 and xbox

Satch
11-17-2001, 03:15 PM
well i was just wondering if anybody new when the ps3 was supposed to be released. i dunno if i want it, but i was curius about when the launch would occur. and if better at all, how much better than xbox? im just afraid ps3 will come out and hurt the xbox. anybody know anything????? :confused:

mojo__31
11-17-2001, 04:31 PM
A typical console lifespan is 3+ years. If Sony came out with a PS3 anytime soon, it would alienate all the PS2 owners, **** off the developers, and hurt the console market as a whole. Who would want to spend the money on a next gen console and spend hundreds of dollars on games only to have to do it again a year later? It would hurt sales majorly of all consoles in the future especially hurting developers of games. Nope, Sony has to ride out the PS2 for at least another year, and then for them to provide something noticably better than the Xbox would be cost to much, making either the system to high priced, or not giving gamers any real reason to buy a PS3 if they can't get something much better. So you can feel secure the Xbox will reign for at least two years as king of consoles. I do expect though the life span of a console to get shorter an shorter as time goes on however.

superbango12
11-17-2001, 05:46 PM
is ther even such thing as ps3 and if there is it would SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!