PDA

View Full Version : What game should I get Next

Slash10
11-17-2001, 04:09 PM
I already own NFL FEVER, Project Gotham Racing, and Halo. Not including DOA3, what game or games should I get next? I have a wide range of types of games I'll play so I was wondering what some impresions of other games people have played. Like how's Oddworld, Fuzion Frenzy, and NHL Hitz? Anyone have those and what do u think? Any other games people have let me know. THANKS!

JacobTX4
11-17-2001, 04:53 PM
I played NHL Hitz in Babbages the other day and it was awesome...and I dont even like hockey.It wuz cool. I like Oddworld too though. So many good games,so little money:(

superbango12
11-17-2001, 05:38 PM
I've played the first level of munchae oddysee though it was to easy but it said it was just a tiny taste of it.Halo looks like the best fps i have ever played.If you have friend get fuzion frenzy.The games are a little harder for people who are over the age of six.:p :p

WebmasterY2J
11-17-2001, 08:41 PM
i bought halo and doa3 with my system... next games i am buying are wwf raw and ufc tapout

gidevil_54
11-17-2001, 09:02 PM
Blood Wake looks really good too, thats coming out pretty soon I think, also I played the Fussion Frenzy demo that came with halo and at first I thought it would be too corny but it actually was A LOT of fun... and i was just playing by myself. I also played the Oddworld demo and was a little dissapointed in the game, especailly the camera angles. anyways to wrap it up, I have just Halo now but my next 3 games are going to be: NFL Fever, Blood Wake, and Max Payne

Slash10
11-18-2001, 11:27 AM
thanks people so far. Anyone else out there, i know there is.... Im still impatienatly waiting for mine to ship. Already complained to xbox.com, the store, and the mall its in, "It's beyond our control" well make it your control, arrrgghhh, i wanna play so bad

Phiresun
11-18-2001, 12:00 PM
Definitely consider Oddworld. I have Halo, DOA3, NFL Fever, Cel Damage, and Munch's Oddworld. I have spent the majority of my hours so far playing Oddworld. It is probally the second or third best game in my opinion next to Halo and Fever. I have totally been involved in this game from the first itme poping it in. Don't wswayed by those terrible demos, the game is definitely a winner. You won't regret it.:D

jeah
11-18-2001, 04:09 PM
I think my next purchase is going to be amped. Don't know when it's going to be released though.

Brian
11-18-2001, 06:55 PM
Here's a list of my top 5 favorite games that I've played and/or that I own, starting with the best:

1.) Halo
2.) Dead Or Alive 3
3.) NFL Fever
4.) Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
5.) Project Gotham Racing

And in MY opinion I think Fuzion Frenzy is the worst game ever and will continue to be the worst game ever overall and for the XBox...what a disgrace :mad:

Slash10
11-19-2001, 06:27 AM
I guess maybe I'll rent Oddworld to check that out, sounds like people are liking that game. Anyone else with any ideas?

phillytec
11-19-2001, 08:19 AM
AMPED

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 11:05 AM
Oddworlds graphics are better than the demos give credit. It is alot of fun and kind of funny. It is like Mario in a twisted sort of way. Fuzion Frenzy was alot of fun from what I have played on the demo. I also want outlaw golf.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 11:11 AM
I have the same three games you do. And, my next purchase, without a shadow of doubt, will be Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding. I think it comes out on the 21st :D

phillytec
11-19-2001, 12:31 PM
Its out in limited supply. Some stores have it some dont

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 12:38 PM
Cool...I have it reserved! I'm going to check with Toys R' Us (where I reserved it) right away! D

BadBoywannaB
11-19-2001, 12:40 PM
Azurik or Nightcaster look sweet

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 12:43 PM
I got Amped on pre-order, but after that, I am waiting for Blood Wake, NBA Inside Drive, Brute Force, and a few others.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 12:52 PM
I'm really looking forward to Project Ego...Man, that game looks tight! Also Medal of Honor: Allied Assult is a definate must buy when it comes out...man, that game also looks amazing!

I agree, BadBoyWannaB (Funny nickname, dude..lol)...I definately will agree that Azurik looks amazing...It reminds me of Zelda but on steroids! lol...though, one thing bugs me about Nightcaster: The dude's cape bugs the hell out of me...it flutters around as if were made out of tin foil! lol...Yes, I'm picky :D Because, I think we can be picky because we have the XBox :D:D:D

Slash10
11-19-2001, 01:41 PM
I definately will agree that Azurik looks amazing...It reminds me of Zelda but on steroids! lol

Thats awesome then, I'll have to check that out then too cause I loved all Zelda games so maybe your to smeting here.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Slash10

Thats awesome then, I'll have to check that out then too cause I loved all Zelda games so maybe your to smeting here.

I'm too "smeting" here? What did you mean? lol

Slash10
11-19-2001, 01:54 PM
oops onto "something" there, maybe I should have read back over that

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 01:59 PM
fuzion frenzy

Slash10
11-19-2001, 02:02 PM
Ok, so about Fuzion Fenzy, I've heard its a horrible game and then I've heard its the best game for Multiplayer ability. Is it bad when you just play by yourself or what??

Slash10
11-19-2001, 03:13 PM
I think I'm going to get Azurik, i found a bunch of screen shots and the game trailer and I liked what I saw. Plus it sounds like theres a good story to the game. So thanks everyone for your help, plus those other games dont sound like a bad idea though either

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Slash10
Ok, so about Fuzion Fenzy, I've heard its a horrible game and then I've heard its the best game for Multiplayer ability. Is it bad when you just play by yourself or what??

I played the demo. If you play single player it will be ok. It is more for playing multi. If you ever played mario party its like that where it was ok single but if you played multi it was alot better. Thats how this game seems. I grew up in the 80's so I like the game even more cause I remember arcade games that were simular to ff mini games. I am going to get it for christmas. I do suggest renting it just to see how you like it.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 04:15 PM
I played Fuzion Frenzy...and, no offense, I couldn't stand it! But, if you are a person who likes it...that's cool, party games are probably my least favorite genre. My type of party game is NFL Fever 2002 :D Or Mortal Kombat....I like Sports and Fighting games when buddies come over...especially if there are a total of three people - Two to compete, one drinking their beer :D So, when the match is over (in a fighting game), the loser hands over the controller and waits while having their frosty beverage of choice :D It's alllllllllllll good :D

teXman
11-20-2001, 09:31 AM
I just bought Fuzion Frenzy and it's definitely a good game. It's just fun, especially when you have a few extra friend/controllers. Do not buy Madcat controllers! I have one and the thing won't stop vibrating.

Slash10
11-20-2001, 02:15 PM
I'll probally just rent Fuzion Frenzy down the line with some friends and stuff to see how it goes. Maybe I'll like it or not. THX

scarecrow kfj
11-20-2001, 02:55 PM
its a game to have when you have non gamers around ( my wife). Imagine strip fuzion.... hmmm :D

l Maximus l
11-20-2001, 02:55 PM
I played Fuzion Frenzy at an XBox Kiosk...I didn't personally like it that much. It was okay...I just can't see myself forking over $50 for it when so many other games look far more appealing. If someone gave it to me, I wouldn't mind...I guess Party Games are not my genre.