PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Splinter Cell

Mega Gamer
11-19-2002, 06:43 PM
I have a few question, before i get Splinter Cell. I want to know if Splinter Cells only one big story, or are there different levels to choose from, and can you replay the levels. Is it worth getting, because i have Xbox Live and Splinter Cells only single player. The last question is are the levels cool?:)

HaloMasterVI
11-19-2002, 06:56 PM
If you've not tried it yet, go play the OXM demo and find out your yourself. I was very impressed and I put it ahead of UC or MA on my list.

Dre
11-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Mega Gamer
I have a few question, before i get Splinter Cell. I want to know if Splinter Cells only one big story, or are there different levels to choose from, and can you replay the levels. Is it worth getting, because i have Xbox Live and Splinter Cells only single player. The last question is are the levels cool?:)

It is a mission-based game with a storyline. I don't know if you can explicitly choose an option to go replay specific levels, but since you can save anywhere (this is what I've heard), ya you can replay levels. That being said, its a Tom Clancy game so you can rest assured the story will be pretty cool. All games set in the Tom Clancy world are cool... how can you go wrong with cool gadgets, guns and a license to kill? :)

Every review so far has given nothing but major-praise for the game and the demo kicked major ass. Definitely pick this one up.

Xbox Owner
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Splinter Cell = 10x Better than Halo. You must get it over ANY game.

Nato King
11-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Splinter Cell = 10x Better than Halo. You must get it over ANY game.

I total agree with Xbox Owner. My auntie went away and I gave her the money to get it for me. She came back yesterday and I have been playing it ever since. The game is so awesome I now say MGS WHOOO???:confused: What is that.:)

JJaX
11-20-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Dre

It is a mission-based game with a storyline. I don't know if you can explicitly choose an option to go replay specific levels, but since you can save anywhere (this is what I've heard), ya you can replay levels. That being said, its a Tom Clancy game so you can rest assured the story will be pretty cool. All games set in the Tom Clancy world are cool... how can you go wrong with cool gadgets, guns and a license to kill? :)

Every review so far has given nothing but major-praise for the game and the demo kicked major ass. Definitely pick this one up.

Yes the story progresses very nicely (news cut scenes after missions, objectives are always changing, hell some are even pending!)For example the first level starts of at night. But as the game goes on and you get to the second level its early early morning. You hear the birds chirping and the sky is getting lighter. And by the end of that level the sun is starting to rise. Its amazing, i really felt like it was 5:00 in the morning when i was creeping around.
And you cannot save it any where, you have check point saves. ANd as you progress and open missions, you can always choose those missions for play later. Theres so many ways to approach this game its a blast. And you need to be pretty witty to get out of some situations. ;)

Must buy!