PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their skin yet?

ZooLaBuS
11-19-2002, 07:50 PM
For all of the people who won the XboX-Skins.com contest have anyone of you recieved yours yet? I haven't. If you have when and how is it? If not let us know!

:)

wweomaniac
11-19-2002, 07:56 PM
once again... I've received another package of ten skins for free. They managed to send me all the colours this time. I wonder why I'm getting all these skins for free...?? :eek:

just kidding... nothing

ZooLaBuS
11-19-2002, 07:59 PM
LOL, got me there for a second.

VenoM
11-19-2002, 10:09 PM
dont hold your breath...we'll probably never see them :( looks like the skin company is backing out of the deal it had with xba by making excuses

ZooLaBuS
11-19-2002, 10:22 PM
I emailed them a while ago and got a response on 11/9 saying:

The free skins were sent and should be there within the next weeks or so.

I hope they come through.

xboxmaster2002
11-19-2002, 10:49 PM
did you tell them you got the free one from the xba giveaway casue im waiting on mine too.

Big Punisher
11-20-2002, 02:07 AM
i havent gotten my skin yet....and i dont think i will they made up all this stuff about the adhesive glue being defective but i dont see them stating that in the website anywhere..it really seem likes theyre backing out..but i hope they do really get theyre "GLUE" and send us OUR skins...cause I would really appreciate..it...not to say i also wanna see XBOX-SKINS live to their promises...

ZooLaBuS
11-20-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
did you tell them you got the free one from the xba giveaway casue im waiting on mine too.

Yes that is why they said "The free skins ".

Zion
11-20-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Big Punisher
i havent gotten my skin yet....and i dont think i will they made up all this stuff about the adhesive glue being defective but i dont see them stating that in the website anywhere..it really seem likes theyre backing out..but i hope they do really get theyre "GLUE" and send us OUR skins...cause I would really appreciate..it...not to say i also wanna see XBOX-SKINS live to their promises...

Well, the one I bought from them a few months ago doesn't stick worth a flip, so hopefully they're changing the glue. It looks cool when it's on, but 5 minutes later it's all curled up in the middle of the Xbox. The only place it actually sticks is on the front where the plastic is smooth (around the buttons).

Batman2372
11-20-2002, 01:36 PM
Here's my take on the thing. I won one of the skins. I didn't do anything to get it, I don't "deserve" it. I'm not going to worry about when (or if) it comes simply because it's not something "owed" me. It does, however, give me an impression of Xbox-Skins.com, which was the intent that Xbox-Skins and Xboxaddict wanted. Unfortunately, the impression that has been given to me and others is that Xbox-Skins doesn't quite have their act together. That may or may not be true, but regardless, it's a black eye on the part of Xbox-Skins because first impressions are SO important for start-up companies.

There's my $.02

wweomaniac
11-20-2002, 02:56 PM
IM NOT LYING!!

I GOT MINE TODAY!!!

I"LL SHOW YOU GUYS!! It came in Xpresspost! Spent $5 shiping jsut for me :)

let me snap you guys a picture.

wweomaniac
11-20-2002, 02:58 PM
damn... my webcam aint working... lemme plug it in ;)

and install drivers :(

ie. find them

wweomaniac
11-20-2002, 03:26 PM
here is mys kin... for proof. its actually darker under teh waxy papaer.

wweomaniac
11-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
dont hold your breath...we'll probably never see them :( looks like the skin company is backing out of the deal it had with xba by making excuses :p

make it 4 posts in a row.