PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a CD lense cleaner on their Xbox?



OppiumNitrates
11-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Just wondering because I seen one today and picked it up, and now I have problems . . . anyone use one before?

xboxmaster2002
11-19-2002, 09:54 PM
i bought one the other day and i havent used it on my xbox yet but they say on the package its ok for game systems

# 1 Stunner
11-19-2002, 10:02 PM
id be affraid i wpoulsnt buffer it enough so it woudnt work its done that with my cds too...

OppiumNitrates
11-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Well I would re consider because I used one and now my Xbox wont reconize games only music CDs, which sucks . . . . And now I have to send it out for repair which will take 7-12 days, which sucks more. . .

One good thing is that im working on an effort to make InterAct(the company who makes the lense cleaner i bought) to pay for this whole ordeal. . . . hopfully this will brighten this situation.

Uchiha Sasuke
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
I used one before.My xbox could not read ****.My disc were brand new too.Well considering my xbox sits in a dust zone, the disc did wonders and now my xbox is a good as new.Too bad you had troubles with yours Oppium

EHWfedPres
11-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Only use ones with brushes, dont use any liquid or goop ones or anything like that...the Zenith 3 brush one worked good for mine.

OppiumNitrates
11-20-2002, 01:53 PM
Last night when my Xbox stopped working after I used the cleaner, I asked my mom if she bought the warrenty with the Xbox (she got it for me for X-mas last year) she said no. So i made arangments for MS to repair it for a pricy $100. But to my suprise i get home form class this afternoon and she is dancing around and tells me that she did have the warrenty. So af6ter backing up what i can on mt beta mem card I have a brand new Xbox and I'll be back on live tonight. =)

Snoopy7548
11-20-2002, 02:56 PM
i used one with the brush a while ago. and it didnt do anything bad to my xbox.

Highlite23
11-20-2002, 06:37 PM
I never had any problems at all with my XBOX until last week. I started getting "Unrecognizable Disc" errors and "Dirty Disc" errors, that will teach me to brag about not having any probs, oh well.

Anyway, I'm out of warranty so i call MS and explain the prob, she asked if it started happening after a particular game and if so to delete the file from the hard drive and wait about a half hour.

This worked temporarilly, so i called back and asked about using a lens cleaner, she said they didn't recomend it, but "Off the record" if i wanted to try it to make sure to use a "Dual Brush" type with liquid cleaner.

So i picked up "Discwasher Digital" from Suncoast, the Manger said he used it on his sytem all the time with no probs, and the package even states it's made for game consoles. I'm happy to report my problem has dissapeared.........Thank God.

Again it's the "Discwasher Digital" It has 2 brushes, one for swiping the lens and one for drying $19.99.

Good Luck.

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 07:23 PM
I really want to use one because I've played my Xbox 380 days in a row, but I don't want to mess up any of my games or my system. I have boiled a few disc in hot water.

ScorpionX
11-30-2002, 07:35 PM
I used CD cleaner on a few of my games and now they don't read most of the time and take forever to load.... :mad:

Premium Xbox
11-30-2002, 08:05 PM
I haven't and I don't think I will. Heard to many bad things happen.

Ryan Sanders
01-02-2003, 05:09 AM
My Xbox says the disk is too dirty a lot and can't read it, but they are brand new! Maybe I should get a lens cleaner or something.

Insane Jester
01-02-2003, 11:58 AM
never used one ever. i have always made sure my cds have been clean b4 they go into any of my console's/pc's/cd players .. and have never needed to use a cleaner yet ..

scarecrow kfj
01-02-2003, 01:22 PM
I use a block buster kit that cleans the xbox as well as the games. So I will clean my games once a month or when ever they are dirty s well as alll rented games and movies. And I would say I run te brush in the xbox once every other week or so. I have dont this since i owned my exbox... first gen... and only once did I have a dirty disk mess and that was cause of the wife not cleaning tiger berfore she put it in. I have not had a prob since. I cant really imagine MS stating not to clean your system though. But maybe they might perfer compressed air.

GokuX
01-02-2003, 01:26 PM
a big advocate of the shirt cleaning kit for disks. I've never had any problems.

CALzinger
01-02-2003, 07:44 PM
dont do it?? i dunno, i dont have one. but if i did, i wouldn't. i heard that it could destroy it or something. i might be wrong.

Snoopy7548
01-02-2003, 07:48 PM
ive used a laser lens cleaner on my xbox, and nothing bad happened.

CALzinger
01-02-2003, 07:49 PM
does it help?

Snoopy7548
01-02-2003, 07:55 PM
there wasnt really anything wrong with my xbox, so i dont know. lol

Viper87227
01-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Does the gamedoctor work?

CALzinger
01-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Does the gamedoctor work?

ive seen that in stores, it looks cool, but they are always on sale and everything so i wouldnt' trust anything so cheap. i would probably want to get something 100% reliable and expensive. then again, thats my opinion.

Chandlz
01-04-2003, 07:06 PM
My friend gets dirty disc errors constantly. We can only play about 4 holes of tiger woods or 5 min of splinter cell before we get the DDE. So he got fed up and we opened his xbox. We took the cover off the cd rom and took an air blower and blew a ton of air into the lens and surroundings. In conclusion his xbox still doesn't work. Maybe we'll try a brush lens cleaner.

ARONO129
01-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
I never had any problems at all with my XBOX until last week. I started getting "Unrecognizable Disc" errors and "Dirty Disc" errors, that will teach me to brag about not having any probs, oh well.

Anyway, I'm out of warranty so i call MS and explain the prob, she asked if it started happening after a particular game and if so to delete the file from the hard drive and wait about a half hour.

This worked temporarilly, so i called back and asked about using a lens cleaner, she said they didn't recomend it, but "Off the record" if i wanted to try it to make sure to use a "Dual Brush" type with liquid cleaner.

So i picked up "Discwasher Digital" from Suncoast, the Manger said he used it on his sytem all the time with no probs, and the package even states it's made for game consoles. I'm happy to report my problem has dissapeared.........Thank God.

Again it's the "Discwasher Digital" It has 2 brushes, one for swiping the lens and one for drying $19.99.

Good Luck.

The reason it's "Off the record" is because MS doesn't make one. If they were to recommend it and people tried it, some people would blame MS if it messed up their Xbox.

Gertrude420
01-12-2003, 09:15 PM
i just bought my xbox awhile ago, have played it maybe 50 hours not more, and i just bought freestyle amped, and it gives me the error! im like wtf! already broken. the disc is in perfect shape, and my laser isn't dirty. i have to start the xbox about 5-10 times until it runs it. this is the only game it does it on,, other people got problems with just this game too? whats up with the boiling method ??? does it work? or melt my discs? lol thanx

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Gertrude420
i just bought my xbox awhile ago, have played it maybe 50 hours not more, and i just bought freestyle amped, and it gives me the error! im like wtf! already broken. the disc is in perfect shape, and my laser isn't dirty. i have to start the xbox about 5-10 times until it runs it. this is the only game it does it on,, other people got problems with just this game too? whats up with the boiling method ??? does it work? or melt my discs? lol thanx The boiling method does work. I've been doing it for a while and it does work. It doesn't melt the disc though.

Gertrude420
01-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The boiling method does work. I've been doing it for a while and it does work. It doesn't melt the disc though.


so why doesn't every body boil down all there games, and not worry about sending xbox to microsoft to get disc drive fixed, or trying to clean there lasers to see if it helps?

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Gertrude420



so why doesn't every body boil down all there games, and not worry about sending xbox to microsoft to get disc drive fixed, or trying to clean there lasers to see if it helps? I only boil the OXM demo disk because they never work at all. Games that give DDE once in a while, don't need to be boiled. I sent my Xbox in to Microsoft because I was having trouble playing newly bought games.

EHWfedPres
01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
does it help?

My Xbox gave me dirty disc errors for Deathrow alot so I borrowed my friends brush lens cleaner and it worked after that. But recently, im getting them again. Not surprised tho cause my Xbox is in an area with alot of dust, so im going to buy my own lens cleaner tomorrow, along with the Vader DVD. :D

Gertrude420
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I only boil the OXM demo disk because they never work at all. Games that give DDE once in a while, don't need to be boiled. I sent my Xbox in to Microsoft because I was having trouble playing newly bought games.


so would they work if u boiled them down too?

i heard the mexican xboxs cause allot of cd error problems, and i checked and it was a mexican made one. also, once i get my warranty , incase allot of games do start ****ing up and **** do, and i decided to get it fixed, is everthying on my hard drive going to be sweeped off too? i got allota soundtracks on there and ****. lol k man thanx

Cloud Strife
01-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Gertrude420



so would they work if u boiled them down too?

i heard the mexican xboxs cause allot of cd error problems, and i checked and it was a mexican made one. also, once i get my warranty , incase allot of games do start ****ing up and **** do, and i decided to get it fixed, is everthying on my hard drive going to be sweeped off too? i got allota soundtracks on there and ****. lol k man thanx I have a Mexico Xbox that was manufactured on 10/31/01. I got my Xbox fixed for free because I had a certain serial number and I called around Christmas.

Snoopy7548
01-13-2003, 02:39 PM
i think i have a mexican xbox. i got the day it came out. ive only had like 3 dirty disc problems (mostly oxm discs)

MyPetXbox
01-13-2003, 06:46 PM
ive never tried using a cd cleaner... I dont think i will ever need them either.
:)

Cloud Strife
01-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i think i have a mexican xbox. i got the day it came out. ive only had like 3 dirty disc problems (mostly oxm discs) Did you try boiling them like me.:D

yungoblivion
12-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I never had any problems at all with my XBOX until last week. I started getting "Unrecognizable Disc" errors and "Dirty Disc" errors, that will teach me to brag about not having any probs, oh well.

Anyway, I'm out of warranty so i call MS and explain the prob, she asked if it started happening after a particular game and if so to delete the file from the hard drive and wait about a half hour.

This worked temporarilly, so i called back and asked about using a lens cleaner, she said they didn't recomend it, but "Off the record" if i wanted to try it to make sure to use a "Dual Brush" type with liquid cleaner.

So i picked up "Discwasher Digital" from Suncoast, the Manger said he used it on his sytem all the time with no probs, and the package even states it's made for game consoles. I'm happy to report my problem has dissapeared.........Thank God.

Again it's the "Discwasher Digital" It has 2 brushes, one for swiping the lens and one for drying $19.99.

Good Luck.


Where can i find this Discwasher digital ? Do you know of any websites that might sell it?

Whisper
12-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I used one.. it didn't help at all.

I had an 01-MexBox so they replace it for free.