PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of our first 1080i game.

LynxFX
11-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Found this at another forum:

Wow! This game looks great. The manual states the game supports 480p, 720p, 1080i. DL3D automatically uses the highest resolution possible, but you can change settings in the xbox dashboard.
Dolby Digital sounds good, with a nice musical score. This game also has some extras which is the making of the Dragons Lair 3D, with interviews from the creators, and it's kind of funny to watch the voice over recordings!
I've only played a little of it and watched the extras, but so far I'm enjoying having contol of Dirk. You can run, jump, duck, pull out your sword, block, attack, and rotate the camera around as you move. Very nice! I'm sure someone else will write more, so I'm back to playing! Oh and I'm running it 1080i 55" hdtv. And I left it on while typing and I swear it's like a hidef cartoon is going on while I'm walking around cleaning up the room!

I think I might just have to rent this one now to see what 1080i gaming really looks like. I'll admit that the screenshots never interested me at all but curiousity is going to get the better of me.

Has anyone else with an HD capable system tried this game out yet?

l Maximus l
11-20-2002, 04:42 PM
I would also consider renting it...I gotta see what 1080i gaming is...why not this be the first game to see? I mean...who knows when another 1080i game will come out...hopefully soon, buddy :D

CALzinger
11-20-2002, 05:43 PM
umm...i hope i dont sound stupid but
wut game is it?

xboxmaster2002
11-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
umm...i hope i dont sound stupid but
wut game is it?

Dragons Lair 3D, read the posts that usually helps.

LynxFX
11-20-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
Dragons Lair 3D, read the posts that usually helps.
LOL

Anyway more thoughts:

played it a bit in 480p and then switched the cables and xbox settings over to 1080i. My response was basically "wow" with a slight jaw-drop :p As stupid as it may sound, it's basically just like getting a new video card for the computer and bumping up the resolution on your favorite game. The intro scene had the typical jaggies in 480p, but in 1080i they were reduced to essentially nothing. It was really apparant on the grey castle against the red/purple sky background. I just wish I had a decent digital camera to snap some screenies and show the difference.

In the game, I noticed some sluggishness in the first level, but that was just because it was a huge level encompassing the entire castle. Once I made it inside, gameplay was just fine with no framerate loss.

It's a pretty silly game, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun to play, if only for the eye candy. It's got a lot of rumble-shaking, but unfortunately it's not reflected in the bass audio signal enough to activate my couch's bass shakers My favorite "feature" so far is when you run Dirk into a wall. There's a smacking sound and he says something along the line of "Doh!"

I hope we get some more 1080i games or at least keep the 720p coming.

DrUnKtAnK
11-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

LOL

Anyway more thoughts:

I hope we get some more 1080i games or at least keep the 720p coming.

I hope so...3 of my buddies bought some sweet HDTV's recently and I really want to show them what 1080i really is. ;)