PDA

View Full Version : newbie balder gate questions

AppoX
11-20-2002, 03:02 PM
i was dumb enough to rent a game without checking to see if there was a manual. sure enough i get home and its not there, i figure i might be able to figure it out. nope i can't even figure how to equipt stuff. i have alot of stuff in my inventory i can see when i go to sell something to the shop keeper, how do i equipt the stuff i have? and how do i get spells?

AppoX
11-20-2002, 03:03 PM
im dumb sorry, found it, still whtas with the magic?
and also a new question, once i complete the sewers, where can i go in the town? just to the tavern?

SlightlySycho
11-20-2002, 08:59 PM
To equip things, just highlight them in your inventory and press A. Same process sells them (though, you receive a YES/NO prompt if you try to sell something equipped).

Regarding magic, I think only the Elf starts off with spells. I know for certain the Dwarf has to put a skill point in, and I'm guessing the Archer's the same way. Incidentally, if you are playing the Fighter, just sell all the Rejuvination potions you happen to come across. Trust me, you won't need them.

The sewers should lead into the catacombs. There's not really anything in the towns. Just a safe area you can recall to where you can buy, sell, and save.