PDA

View Full Version : Tekki Online -

Ayanami III
11-20-2002, 04:30 PM
http://www.dengekionline.com/news/200206/02/n20020602tekki.html
someone wanted me to do this so here i did...

Transrations.....

Capcon opened the event `Tekki' 2080 in P.R.F. Laboratory for Xbox Soft `Tekki'
for the first time in Japan at WOMB in Shibuya on June 2nd today.
There was the huge screen with 5.1ch Sorounded which showed the atractive of `Tekki' to make
people be surtisfied.
At the event, only 100 people users who won this chance and media came up over there.

In the event place with 5.1ch sorounded system, how to play `Tekki' and demp-play were showend
by the operators.During demo-playing, the atomosphere made people feel like in `Tekki' world
by some arrangements.

In the end, producer Atsushi Inaba announced the price and the release date.
It has been already popular in the net, but this time it was announced the release
date August 22nd and the price 19800yen(without tax) by him.
And Inaba said ` We will be ready for the next one `Tekki On-Line' Let's enjoy with Tekki sold in
August and get used to it then online too! ' He announced that coming next `Tekki On-Line' like this.
It was very significant announcement like people want to buy Tekki this time.

Inaba said `On June 30th, we will have the plan to let the user to play Tekki.
Just wait for this.' and the event was finished by this comment.

Ayanami III
11-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Review by daveinjapan
Capcom's Nude Maker brings us the long awaited and unfairly criticized $200 mech simulator Tekki, and with it, games as we know them change forever. You see, the enormous and costly Sammy manufactured controller is just the beginning. If that controller were packaged with a standard, run of the mill robot game, perhaps the criticism of the expense would be warranted. But, Nude Maker wasn't content with just the controller (which is, as the story goes, the genesis of ''Project X,'' as it was known a couple years ago). They instead chose to build a game so realistic in it's simulation, so classy and polished in it's implementation, that I seriously doubt I will ever think of games in the same way again.

GRAPHICS: 10
Although I feel that the ****pit clutter takes up too much of the screen, I can forgive it because (for the most part) it offers up useful information (ammunition, speed, maps, etc.) Other than that, the graphics are truly breathtaking. Everything, from the raindrop effects on the windshield (which look fantastic when zoomed ''through'' during replays) to the incredible explosions, to the monstrous behemoths fighting by your side during battles, are rendered with ridiculous attention to detail and put ALL other games of this type to shame. The static effect overlaying the screen and replays looks 100 times better than similar effects in Silent Hill 2, and the replays are prettier and more entertaining than most of the crap Hollywood pumps out these days.
Note: I'm tempted to knock a point off for the poorly drawn ''Sarge'' character who appears as either a cheesy 2-D rendering, or a faceless gray mass of polygons.

SOUND: 10
If you have Surround Sound, and you've been waiting for a game that truly utilizes it to it's full extent, look no further. The sounds of buttons clicking during start up, helicopters whizzing by overhead, your own robot's enormous feet hitting the ground - all are well recorded, well timed, and add to the overall claustrophobic atmosphere of intense battle. The music in the opening demo alone would push this score to a 10 even if the rest of the game is silent. The in game music varies greatly from track to track and, provided you buy the captured enemy boombox from the shop, fully customizable for battle.

CONTROL: 10
The controller offers you 37 buttons, one side to side lever, two analog sticks, 3 pedals, and the unparallelled feel of actually piloting a robot. Most of the buttons are not used often. Actually, a total of 8 of them are used ONLY during the start up sequence each time you crawl into a robot. But the point of all the buttons is not their individual usefulness, but how their overall feel and what they contribute to the game's experience. My only complaint with the controller is that I had to rearrange my entire apartment and buy new furniture to accomidate it. This is more an anecdote than a complaint about the actual game, though, and therefore doesn't affect the score.

GAMEPLAY: 10
This is a pure simulator, but doesn't suffer from the overly complex control scheme and ridiculously steep learning curve that usually comes with the simulator territory. This is not to say that it's ''dumbed down'' or simplistic. It's just intuitive. The game is, of course, mission based, and with 24 missions in 2 difficulty levels, there's plenty to do. I would have liked a training mode, but I can understand why there's not one. The lack of a pause button was a source of extreme frustration at first, but I've come to understand and accept that as well. Beware this game's difficulty, though. When you don't eject in time, or run out of points to buy the necessary equipment from repeated failures, it's game over for your save file and back to Mission 0.

STORY: 10
Complex without being headache-enducing, the story is a WWII-esque tale of aggression from a renegade country called HAI SHI DAO, which has recently launched a series of sneak attacks on it's surrounding countries, rallying the Pacific Rim armed forces to action and beginning the game's story arc of missions.

OVERALL: 10
As close to perfection as one is ever likely to experience in a game and well worth it if you actually have the money to spend and the time to invest.

I'll leave you with a quote from the producer:
''I don't care if we sell a lot of this game or not. I just wanted to make a game that I was satisfied with.''
Art over profit. The music and movie industries have seen this before, but it may be a first for the game industry. That is what truly makes this game revolutionary.

Knight
11-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ayanami III

I'll leave you with a quote from the producer:
''I don't care if we sell a lot of this game or not. I just wanted to make a game that I was satisfied with.''
Art over profit. The music and movie industries have seen this before, but it may be a first for the game industry. That is what truly makes this game revolutionary.

And with the price for this game it isn't going to sell alot!

OUberLord
11-20-2002, 09:15 PM
Im buying it tomarrow :P

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-20-2002, 10:42 PM
I won't have any extra money until Jan 6....Man o man !!!..i want this game!!! Steel Battalion/tekki online would be a killer....:D

NINE BREAKER
11-21-2002, 01:29 AM
I'm getting it today, Ayanami thanks for the re-ensurance that this game is worth the $200.

xboxmaster2002
11-21-2002, 01:59 AM
a lot of people are buying it EBgames.com doesnt have any left and my local EB is sold out i hope some place else here will get it in.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-21-2002, 04:25 AM
I guess that all of those guys that posted it (steel battalion/tekki) wouldn't sell here in the states were dead wrong....seems to be a hot ticket item.....i hope i can get my hands on a set.... A mechwarrior's dream come true.....:D

yall
11-21-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm getting it as well! I have been waiting a long time for a game like this.

Afro Aura
11-21-2002, 05:27 PM
I'd buy this game when it's an online game, I ain't paying my £200 just to play the game here on my tod

I'd like my friends to come in and join me on my battle to take over the WORLD wuh ha ha ha ha