PDA

View Full Version : Call me "Paranoid"…But

Cannibal Corpse
11-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Hi All,

I don’t like the idea of my Xbox DVD-ROM Lens to get dirty, as result; I normally either get the VERY FIRST copy that is released for rental (I call my local Block Buster to see when they get their shipment, so I will be the FIRST to get the games that I want)

Or simply don’t insert any games that have been used/rented before.

Although I have asked them to clean the discs for me, but still putting a “dirty” DVD Disc into my Xbox makes me feel bad.

I know I sound paranoid, but do you really think that these discs will ruin my DVD Rom Lens?

I don’t have any of those Disc Doctors / Cleaners and don’t plan to buy one.

Questions:

Can I use a regular Prescription Eye Glasses cleaning liquids and wipe those rental discs with a special cloth made for Prescription Eye Glasses? Or will it ruin the surface of the disc?

Thanks in advance.

stilly
11-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Very worring, the lens never comes into contact with disc, a laser reads it, and don’t touch it. The only way you’ll get dirt in there, is if your discs caked in it, like dipped in crud, or you leave the tray open for a month or two. The disc may have finger printers on it, and smears from ya kid brothers nose. But these won’t make ya lens dirty, just the disc inreadable. you can just buy mint games, but not using used or rented games, for fear of getting ya lens dirty is laughable. he he he.

GokuX
11-21-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
Hi All,

I don’t like the idea of my Xbox DVD-ROM Lens to get dirty, as result; I normally either get the VERY FIRST copy that is released for rental (I call my local Block Buster to see when they get their shipment, so I will be the FIRST to get the games that I want)

Or simply don’t insert any games that have been used/rented before.

Although I have asked them to clean the discs for me, but still putting a “dirty” DVD Disc into my Xbox makes me feel bad.

I know I sound paranoid, but do you really think that these discs will ruin my DVD Rom Lens?

I don’t have any of those Disc Doctors / Cleaners and don’t plan to buy one.

Questions:

Can I use a regular Prescription Eye Glasses cleaning liquids and wipe those rental discs with a special cloth made for Prescription Eye Glasses? Or will it ruin the surface of the disc?

Thanks in advance.

U are paranoid. Clean the disk off with your shirt in a center-out straight line motion. This is good enough. Buying all of those cleaning products is a waste of good money. If you can't see anything on the disk after cleaning it with your shirt, then nothing is going to get on the Xbox lens. Scratches in the disk won't hurt your Xbox either. If you need some liquid to clean the disk off further, then get a damp towel and give it a quick wipe. Dry it and finish the cleaning process with your shirt. Stop worrying so much.

OUberLord
11-21-2002, 11:29 AM
IVe always just used a little windix and wiped from the center out, but i only do that when theres a lot of crap on the disc and it dont work. As for the lens getting dirty, as someone said unless your putting mudpies in your drive it should never get dirty.