PDA

View Full Version : Clue me in on XBL.

MaxPain
11-21-2002, 04:02 AM
I just started playing my xbox again.. = ] .. anyways I took a long break from it because there were no games out that I felt were worth buying... so I heard about XBL.... and I have some questions... 1... im to lazy to go read about it... and what I need... I have broadband cable connection... and thats about it.. so I need a router...and the XBL kit... and of course some of the games it supports... so anyone whose played XBL ... hows the lag??? is it noticable.?? Im sure there is some at some point... but how much of it.. :D

OUberLord
11-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Lag really depends on the game. In the MotoGP demo, the Whacked demo, and Ghost Recon I cant find any lag. However, in Unreal Championship the game lags about 60% of the time, both in regular lag, video lag, and sound lag.

JJaX
11-21-2002, 11:33 AM
You only need a router / hub etc if you plan on sharing your BB connection with another box or your PC. A router seems to be the better choice because it distributes your connection more efficiently.

When you play, it feels lag free.

OUberLord
11-21-2002, 11:45 AM
BTW if you are going to get a router i would suggest the Linksys brand, they have the best compatibility.

Zion
11-21-2002, 01:46 PM
The D-Link 704 also works flawlessly. Plug it in, no need to touch it again. Plus, it sells for much less than a Linksys!