PDA

View Full Version : About Xbox's DVD player

Qbas
11-21-2002, 04:54 AM
Well i wanted to ask you Xbox owners is the DVD player in Xbox pretty good? Does it read most of DVD's and what quality image does it produce?

Thank you :)

GokuX
11-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Qbas
Well i wanted to ask you Xbox owners is the DVD player in Xbox pretty good? Does it read most of DVD's and what quality image does it produce?

Thank you :)

It has perfect DVD playback quality. It looks fantastic, sharp and clear. I've never had problems with any DVDs not working. You can't go wrong with the Xbox DVD player. It doesn't have progressive scan for DVD playback, but if you don't have an HDTV then that doesn't matter.

Qbas
11-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Is it true that MS "upgraded" the Xbox's DVD to little better and compatitable? This is just that i heard they did something like that to these Xboxs that are on stores now. Can someone clarify this?

Highlite23
11-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Not really sure if it's better or not, but they did replace the DVD drives in the XBOX's currentlly being produced.

I have heard rumors going both ways....

It's a better drive
It's a cheaper drive

Personally, just because something is "Less" expensive doesn't necesarilly make it bad, DVD drives are as common as cd rom drives now.

Zion
11-21-2002, 11:11 AM
The Xbox also plays DVD-R's flawlessly. Unless you're really serious into DVD's, the Xbox is a perfect DVD player.

Me? I have over 200 DVD's so I have to have a standalone player. My main player is a 5 disc changer, and I have 2 other single disc players :D

But the Xbox is a great little player if you just want to watch a few movies now and then. It has no resume and no progressive scan, those are the main downsides with the player.

Qbas
11-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Well i don't need the DVD player to be SUPER HYPER good, i just want it to have pretty good picture and so i can watch the extras on DVD's ;)

GokuX
11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Well i don't need the DVD player to be SUPER HYPER good, i just want it to have pretty good picture and so i can watch the extras on DVD's ;)

Then what are you waiting for?! Go get ya a DVD kit and Xbox.

ARONO129
11-21-2002, 04:56 PM
I love the Xbox DVD player. The remote should have more features but I paid $299 CDN for my Xbox bundle. A decent DVD player in Canada costs $120-$150 minimum. A bottom of the line DVD player costs around $100. So my Xbox with two games valued at over $150 CDN and the mid range DVD player along with the best gaming console on the planet was a great deal.

great_dave
11-21-2002, 06:34 PM
its a really good dvd player, i like it a lot, and i acually use it more often then my regular dvd player

BCan
11-22-2002, 03:16 AM
You can notice small things in the quality of the picture, but it's probably something that most people wouldn't necessarily pick up.......

Qbas
11-22-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

Then what are you waiting for?! Go get ya a DVD kit and Xbox.
I'm waiting for christmas because then i will be getting Xbox along with Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future and of course Halo :)

GokuX
11-22-2002, 09:35 AM

I'm waiting for christmas because then i will be getting Xbox along with Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future and of course Halo :)

Cool, it's gonna be a merry Christmas for you. Start over sleeping now, cuz you aren't gonna be getting any when you get the X.

Qbas
11-22-2002, 10:52 AM
You're probably right, then i have 2 great consoles that i can play and at that time i will be focusing more on Xbox because it is new to me and watching some DVD's i may get for christmas...it is good christmas for me :)

bezi bre
11-22-2002, 11:21 AM
It's good, not better then a oridinary DVD-player, but hey it costs about 30 $ (in Sweden).
It can't play all DVD:s, for egsample burned or regions outside yours.
Even thou it's wourth buying it.:)

Qbas
11-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bezi bre
It's good, not better then a oridinary DVD-player, but hey it costs about 30 $ (in Sweden).
It can't play all DVD:s, for egsample burned or regions outside yours.
Even thou it's wourth buying it.:)

Well i don't really buy DVD's from outside PAL region i'll get them from stores here in Finland that uses PAL. And i don't use burned cd's or dvd's :), so Xbox's DVD is great for me.