PDA

View Full Version : Best Single Player Experience?

davidx
11-21-2002, 08:15 AM
What's your input? I'm guessing the best single player games (so far) are either Morrowind or Spinter Cell.

Agree? Disagree? Agree to Disagree?

Let me know!!

:cool:

maximan00
11-21-2002, 09:02 AM
i have yet to play splinter but i can tell you that morrowind is incredible. best single player i have yet to experience.

No Fear 23
11-21-2002, 09:39 PM
the best single player fo sure is splinter cell, i recomend u to try this game, no.... but this game!!

it has everything! graphics, gameplay, moves, gadgets, etc.!!

this will be the game of the year!!

cR|Ms0n-M|s7
11-21-2002, 09:41 PM
I would say Splinter Cell or Halo, Morrowind is one of those games you can put down for weeks or months at a time. But Halo and Splinter Cell and Halo you just have to finish ASAP.

Nato King
11-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I would have splinter Cell. Morrowind was alright buy splinter cell just has something that Morrowind doesn't and that is guns. I just have to have a gun.:)

dronezero
11-21-2002, 11:08 PM
I am definately going with Shenmue 2

Chaotic
11-22-2002, 09:30 AM
splinter cell

FuNkY mOnK
11-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Splinter Cell
Metriod Prime, suh-weet
Shenmue II
Morrowind

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Morrowind without a doubt. More replay value than all of those spike-haired cartoon midget linear action games that stupid sony fanatics mistake for rpg's all together...

y2kash_14
11-23-2002, 01:34 PM
easy......Metroid Prime

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
easy......Metroid Prime

I bet you wont be saying that after you beat the game and realize that theres no replay value...morrowind has an infinite amount of replay value...i'll be playing that game for years to come.

y2kash_14
11-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Morrowind bored the Hell out of me, why can't they talk? you have to read every single thing.......and this game has the worst battle sequences ever. I'm just not into PC type RPG's

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Morrowind bored the Hell out of me, why can't they talk? you have to read every single thing.......and this game has the worst battle sequences ever. I'm just not into PC type RPG's

id rather read stuff rather than having to sit thru seemingly endless audio clips...i read fast.

You got bored in Morrowind because you didnt know what to do. Not your game i guess.

Shadow20002
11-24-2002, 09:16 AM
Morrowind for me...

symposiumx
11-25-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by cR|Ms0n-M|s7
I would say Splinter Cell or Halo, Morrowind is one of those games you can put down for weeks or months at a time. But Halo and Splinter Cell and Halo you just have to finish ASAP.

I think it's a matter of taste. When I first bought Morrowind, I was playing it an ungodly amount of time, almost every day for over a month.

It was so bad, that I think my family was about to call the addiction line and have them perform an intervention.

That said, I can't bloody wait to get Splinter Cell in my grubby little paws.

XBX_Junior_XBX
11-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Splinter Cell all the way. Awesome gameplay, graphics, sound 5.1 dolby digital like mine and of course the story line is gorgeous. Ok too much talk, going to play SC.!!! : P

y2kash_14
11-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

id rather read stuff rather than having to sit thru seemingly endless audio clips...i read fast.

You got bored in Morrowind because you didnt know what to do. Not your game i guess.

i did everything i could.......i even finished the game......geeze...if anybody doesn't like a game that you do, you always bash them. This is a forum, we express opinions, not everybody is going to agree with you

EHWfedPres
11-26-2002, 03:18 PM

i did everything i could.......i even finished the game......geeze...if anybody doesn't like a game that you do, you always bash them. This is a forum, we express opinions, not everybody is going to agree with you

I find it kind of hard to believe that you finished a game that does not end...perhaps you completed the main quest, which I did not even start with any of my characters.

Games like this allow you to use your freedom and imagination...so instead of thinking its a final fantasy game where your stuck in a linear world, do whatever the hell you want in Morrowind.

y2kash_14
11-26-2002, 09:31 PM
alright its coo, i dont like to go around having arguements on the internet, all i am saying is Morrowind is a game i got bored with really fast, i had it for about 2 months, played it to death, then found nothing else to do, so i did the natural thing and sold it, its just not the kind of game i like to keep in my library. A game doesn't HAVE to have tremendous replay value to be a good Single- Player- Experience

steveo_wrx
11-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Splinter Cell, hands down. I have not played Morrowind, but my kid brought it over and demo'd it for me. I wasn't too impressed. My take on Morrowind was it's the type of thing better played on a PC. But, seems like a lot of ya'll like it, and that's fine. To each his own. :)