PDA

View Full Version : STEEL BATTALION save games? no lvl 0 crap...

beef747
11-21-2002, 02:20 PM
can you save games on steel battalion yes or no? I keep reading "reviews" and they all seem to mention dont die or you go to level 0... wtf? CAN YOU SAVE THE GAME. and if so how long does it take to play 1 level. I think poeple are making up some of these reviews really.. or just borrowing material. I dont feel like playing through 24 massive(?) levels in one sitting... thats just bs.
:mad:

UPDATE: does it save when the system is turned OFF.
i dont want to hear 200$ or anyother bs my thread is simple

also i hate yelling but its the only way to get the blatant point accross...

RudedogX
11-21-2002, 02:26 PM
From what I understand, if you do not eject before you mech blows up, you will lose all of your progress. But that's all that I've heard. I haven't bothered investigating the question much, since I'm not planning on paying 200 for one game.

xboxmaster2002
11-21-2002, 02:33 PM
yes you can save the game and if your mech blows up your save file will automaticly be erased when you die.. they wanted to make the game as real as they could and they did i cant wait for this game.

beef747
11-21-2002, 02:37 PM
i know it resets and all that bs...****pit...mechs...balh ablah...lvl 0 DOES IT SAVE THE GAME WHEN THE SYSTEM TURNS OFF?

carlbme
11-21-2002, 03:04 PM
I think someone needs to switch to decaf. :rolleyes:

xturbox
11-21-2002, 03:11 PM
LOL carl.....this guy def needs decaf...simmer down now bozo.
;)

Bakeman
11-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by beef747
i know it resets and all that bs...****pit...mechs...balh ablah...lvl 0 DOES IT SAVE THE GAME WHEN THE SYSTEM TURNS OFF?

what are you talking about "does it save when the system turns off?"

is there ANY game that does that? if so that's freaking amazing!

OppiumNitrates
11-21-2002, 06:24 PM

Simmer down sister, I would suggest not to get your panties in a twist but its too late. Anyway abou the topic, simple really you beat a level it saves your progress . . . your mech gets blown up after you hit the eject button, you can start the level over . . . . your mech blows up prior to you hitting the eject button, you start at level 1

BTW- There is no level 0 in any game I'm aware of.

Originally posted by Bakeman

what are you talking about "does it save when the system turns off?"

is there ANY game that does that? if so that's freaking amazing!

MorrowWind has an Auto save if you get a dirty disk error while playing. . . . not the same thing but pretty dame close

ShannonX
11-21-2002, 07:11 PM

jesus, maybe if you ask politely... but if you insist on yelling, maybe you should stick some "beef" in your mouth.

Bakeman
11-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

MorrowWind has an Auto save if you get a dirty disk error while playing. . . . not the same thing but pretty dame close

Oh really? That's interesting...

I got it on PC, so was unware of that..

beef747
11-21-2002, 08:53 PM
s

carlbme
11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Just to let you know with an attitude like that you are likely to find yourself banned.

Secondly, if I understand correctly you only want to know if the game saves to the hard drive? Well no wonder we were all confused, DUH!! EVERY XBOX GAME SAVES TO THE HARDDRIVE!!

However, with this game..If you fail to eject before you Mech is blown up, then that file gets erased.

EDIT: Since you like to call us children, i'm curious. How old are you?

Nameless
11-21-2002, 09:26 PM
Why is it so expensive?

beef747
11-21-2002, 09:34 PM
im sorry but seeing how sarcasm is required as part of every post or reply i had to mention hard disk or else i might get some smart a$$ reply. mod please lock and delete this post . pretend it never happened apologies.

carlbme
11-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Why is it so expensive?

Because of the fact that it comes with a 40 button controller with a throtle, who joysticks, and also a three pedal deal.

maximan00
11-22-2002, 03:32 PM
the answer to your question is....

Frink
11-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Closed Upon Request.