PDA

View Full Version : About E3..........................................

Halo2002
05-19-2001, 01:56 PM
I was just wondering about if you guys are still getting an Xbox, you wouln't belive how many people were disapointed with this years E3. Well I tohught that it was great. My question is are you still getting an Xbox and answer why, and if your not getting one tell me also why. And what did you guys think about this years E3.

Thankyou, Halo2002.

DeathKnightMaF
05-19-2001, 03:40 PM
I am definately still getting an X-Box. It blows the Gamecube out of the water period. People have been jumping to conclusions about the X-Box even when all the boxes at E3 were still version 2 of the dev. kit. The Gamecube was most likely on a finished box. Plus Gamecube is for the kiddies and I have grown tired of the same old same old with Nintendo.

I have been telling people to just wait until they see games on the complete X-Box and it will be truly amazing! To me, right now, it is amazing. DOA3 is jaw-dropping! I can't wait to see the look on people's faces when they see the X-Box after they bought the Gamecube thinking it was better.

KevinM
05-20-2001, 05:43 AM
I've heard mixed things about Microsofts presentation of the XBOX at E3.<BR>
First off: Nintendo's presence at E3 was nothing short of Huge. The floor space was several times larger than the XBOX area at Microsoft's booth.<BR>
Second: More than one person has told me that some XBOX games were running rather crappy.. Halo @ 12fps??? For the whole floor to see... <br>
Third and lastly: I thought vending rule #1 at E3 meant you were supposed to hand out promotional material for your product.. Microsoft was selling XBOX t-shirts, coffee mugs right down to a sticker. No freebies there..
<br>
<br>

Hmmmmmm...

JavaJones
05-20-2001, 08:56 PM
Nintendo did not impress me any more than MS did at E3. The size of the booth they dedicated to the GC was not larger than the XB area at MS. Fully half their area was devoted to the GBA.

Secondly about 30% of the games I saw experienced some sort of frame rate problem, usually isolated to stuttering at certain times rather than overall low frame rates. My assumption is that this is texture/geometry loading, in which case it would obviously be different in the final XBox and XDK's with the UMA, more bandwidth saving features, etc.

Lastly, MS was handing out pamphlets that listed all the launch games for the XB and other stuff. They had some free stuff, as well as a merchandising section, which many other companies there had as well, including Nintendo.

- JavaJones

Quake897
05-20-2001, 09:50 PM
I think all 3 consoles did well(PS2, GC, XBOX). The PS2 had GT3 and MGS2 which still beat the crap out of the games on the other systems xcept maybe metroid(u know wat im talkin bout if u played n saw the new trailer of MGS2 n GT3). But HALO looked good, n ive been waitin for Munch for a looong time. As for GC Rogue Leader is a definitive buy, especially since GC is goin to b around $149-199. Luigis Mansion, is coo, n I need a new Metroid, n Smash Bros. Well I have a PS2 n probably will get a Gc or a X-Box, 1 of em for sure.