PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 2k3

ARONO129
11-21-2002, 04:26 PM
I am planning to buy this game this weekend. Does anyone here have it? Is it good or lousy? And why?

Dragoro
11-22-2002, 10:16 PM
NHL 2k3 is awesome,best hockey game ive ever played. It is a sim however. Its almost always low scoring games. The goalies actually perform as goalies, the checkers check, the finesse finisse. Unlike in the EA games, your team mates just dont stand around when you arent controlling them. It takes a little getting used to on the camera view, but once your used to it, youll find out its much better then EAs camera. Theres 5 different views you can choose from, and 5 different levels of zoom too.

Pipetender
11-22-2002, 10:57 PM
I bought it and didn't like it at all. I was very dissapointed. The overall view is crumy, and the graphics are subpar. The players are also so small it looks like they are midgets.

Dragoro
11-22-2002, 11:51 PM
that is what zoom is for. and the 5 different camera angles

Pipetender
11-24-2002, 06:52 PM
That really didn't help. I also thought the game was too slow. The shots also looked very fake. I am still loving NHL2003.

Dragoro
11-24-2002, 08:59 PM
2003? god now that was a horrible hockey game. Bullet time? rofl

Tribal Kult
11-26-2002, 03:23 PM
Having played both games I must say that both have good points and bad points. Here is a few things i must say about those great games:

NHL 2003:
- A little easier to learn
- graphics are a little better
- less realistic ( sometimes i win 14-3 against computer!)
- AI are less élaborate

NHL 2K3:
- A lot of controls for the setup of the game (camera, type of defense, etc.)
- very realistic (as much as a game can be!)
- controls take more time to master (ex: the one-timer)

It was my personnal opinion and hope that it can help...

ARONO129
11-26-2002, 11:29 PM
I played NHL 2003 on a GC and I bought NHL 2K3 for my Xbox.

The graphics in EA's version are better even on the GC. But in Sega's version the AI, puck and player physics is bang on. Not like in NHL 2003 where the players just circle around the puck.

EA=Looks better & plays worse

Sega=Looks worse & plays better.

I say that Sega's version is a better game and best of all no Don Taylor!!!

BTW Sega has to fix those camera angles to make them closer.

Pipetender
11-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Dragoro
2003? god now that was a horrible hockey game. Bullet time? rofl

Bullet time? You're a moron. NHL2003 is so much better it's funny.

Originally posted by Tribal Kult

NHL 2003:

- graphics are a little better

Was that a joke? A little better? C'mon! They are way better. The fans in 2K3 look like my little brother drew them. Also, 2K3's players have no realistic faces and the goalies are a joke. I love it how they hold their stick so low. What was Sega thinking?

SBC31
11-29-2002, 07:34 PM
I have NHL 2K3 and it is a much better game then NHL 2003 IMO. However, it is not a prefect game and will not please everyone. If you've played the EA series for awhile, you may not like 2K3 since it is more of a simulator.

I hate EA's 2003, it is just bad. 2K3 doesn't have the flashy graphics and so on, but the gameplay is much better. Goalies in 2K3 are rather hard to beat.

Pipetender
12-03-2002, 03:22 PM
No game is a true "sim". If you say that you know nothing about hockey. EA has too many super dekes, and in 2k3 you have to body check everyone to get them off the puck, the goalies are impossible, and the players are slow as hell.

Mc_J
12-11-2002, 09:20 PM
If you guys want to join my NHL 2K3 League you can... by signing up in this forum in the "Official NHL 2K3 Signups!" thread... If your interested take a gander.

Liquidmc
12-14-2002, 01:00 PM
K.. First off.. NHL 2K3 is the best hockey game I have ever played on ANY system! For all those dumba@S people that say "it is too slow" or "the camera angle sucks", you can change all those options in the options menu (who would of thought)!! If you are a true hockey fan, then you will definitely want this game!! If you are a true cartoon fan , then you might want to check out the bs hockey game called NHL2003. Nuff said!

Bullet time!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA BRUTAL!!

studepaber
12-14-2002, 01:15 PM
NHL 2K3 is the best hockey game period, NHL 2003 has nothing on 2K3 but slightly better graphics.

Pipetender
12-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Liquidmc

Bullet time!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA BRUTAL!!

There is no bullet time moron.

Liquidmc
12-15-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Pipetender

There is no bullet time moron.

Moron eh.. LOL.. I KNOW what a good hockey game is loser!! "NHL2003 is a better game" MuHAHAHAHAAHA.. Only a moron would say that!

J Dub
12-16-2002, 01:25 AM
in 2k3 you have to body check everyone to get them off the puck, the goalies are impossible, and the players are slow as hell.

Hey buddy, try the POKE CHECK button. God, how hard is it?

And the goalies are impossible? That is to reflect the usually low-scoring tendencies of a REAL hockey game.

And the players only seem slow as hell because you are used to playing the arcade-style NHL 2003. Plus, in 2k3 if you want to speed it up you can do so in the options menu. :eek: Seriously, what a surprise eh?

sandeep
12-16-2002, 08:51 PM
i picked up 2k3 today myself, and if you want my opinion on it, then i'd say go ahead and pick it up.

i've played it for a while on the ps2 at a friends house, and i thought it was just wicked, so i grabbed it for xbox.

i guess the graphics aren't fantastic, but if you want a good hockey game, i honestly don't think you'll be dissapointed.

the easiest way to tell is, of course to rent it, and give it go yourself, but personally i think it's pretty damn good.

Pipetender
12-17-2002, 09:23 PM

Moron eh.. LOL.. I KNOW what a good hockey game is loser!! "NHL2003 is a better game" MuHAHAHAHAAHA.. Only a moron would say that!

Originally posted by J Dub

Hey buddy, try the POKE CHECK button. God, how hard is it?

And the goalies are impossible? That is to reflect the usually low-scoring tendencies of a REAL hockey game.

And the players only seem slow as hell because you are used to playing the arcade-style NHL 2003. Plus, in 2k3 if you want to speed it up you can do so in the options menu. :eek: Seriously, what a surprise eh?

Canadians...........

DZNUTZ
12-18-2002, 01:35 PM
he meant the slow mo ..fished eyed break away cam.

Pipetender
12-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
he meant the slow mo ..fished eyed break away cam.

Oh, in that case, that option can easily be turned off.

Liquidmc
12-19-2002, 02:31 AM

Canadians...........

Damn right Canadian!! Oh sorry man.. I forgot you were from the States! It's not your fault then for thinking NHL2002 is better than 2k3. You guys wouldn't know Hockey if it hit you in the bucketless head! Us "Canadians" made hockey boy! Don't you forget that!

:cool:

J Dub
12-19-2002, 03:02 AM
I couldn't have said it any better.

Pipetender
12-19-2002, 04:56 PM

Damn right Canadian!! Oh sorry man.. I forgot you were from the States! It's not your fault then for thinking NHL2002 is better than 2k3. You guys wouldn't know Hockey if it hit you in the bucketless head! Us "Canadians" made hockey boy! Don't you forget that!

:cool:

You may have made hockey but the US perfected it. When was the last time one of your lousy Canadian teams won the cup?

Liquidmc
12-19-2002, 04:59 PM

You may have made hockey but the US perfected it. When was the last time one of your lousy Canadian teams won the cup?

The only thing the States perfected about hockey, was the glowing pink puck! MUHAHAHAHAA!! Can you guys see it yet?

Pipetender
12-19-2002, 05:20 PM

The only thing the States perfected about hockey, was the glowing pink puck! MUHAHAHAHAA!! Can you guys see it yet?

Huh?:confused:

Spazmatik
12-24-2002, 08:53 PM

Uh. If I'm wrong correct me..

Canada beat the U.S. for the gold medal in the last Olympics. Both our Womans and our Mens team won the gold.

Also, when was the last time "one of our lousy canadian teams won the cup?" Try every year, because 80% of the NHL is made up of Canadian born and raised players.

So get a life. You know nothing.

Spaz.

Pipetender
12-25-2002, 10:00 PM
Who cares about the Olympics? You think people are truly focused for that in the middle of the season? And 80% are Canadian? LOL! Not even close, many players know are know Russia and places around there. Canada is losing it's hockey tradition. Hell, they can't even support there own damn teams.

Spazmatik
12-25-2002, 10:05 PM
First of all, the 80 percent statistic came from a sports magazine I had a subscription to last year..

And second, the reason our hockey teams are disapearing has nothing to do with how well they do - It has to do with how little our dollar is worth. We can't compete with American currency.

And who cares about Olympics?

Nearly every other person in the world who knows anything about sports... and then many of the people left over who don't. Stop being a troll.

Spaz

Pipetender
12-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Spazmatik
First of all, the 80 percent statistic came from a sports magazine I had a subscription to last year..

Well I doubt that is right anyway.

Pipetender
12-25-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Spazmatik
And second, the reason our hockey teams are disapearing has nothing to do with how well they do - It has to do with how little our dollar is worth. We can't compete with American currency.

And the fact that the stands are empty......:confused:

J Dub
12-26-2002, 02:43 PM
That's not true, at least not where I live.

The Vancouver Canucks are selling out most of their games.

And even if a Canadian team does stink, that doesn't mean anything. The Montreal Canadians, for example, are made up of just as many Americans and Canadians as the New York Rangers, for example.

And the Olympics do mean a lot. That is the only time you will see a complete team of the best Canadian hockey players go up against a complete team of the best American hockey players. And what happened at the last Olympics? Canada won the gold medal for men's and women's hockey.

Pipetender
12-26-2002, 04:05 PM
How about the time before that? American women won the gold. And since when does one game tell which team is truly better. Team Canada had no challenges until the Gold Medal game while team USA had to play tought teams like the Russia.

kornavs19
12-27-2002, 10:02 AM
K guys.How bout we stop arguing and answer the guys question...We all know Team Canada rules !
We also know that the Colorado Avelanche rule ! (not to good this yea)
So now we know which teams r good both olympic and NHL we can stop the fight...

BACK TO SUBJECT:
I cant really help you on this because I havn't played NHL 2003.
If you get NHL2K3...You might not like it like i did.But I got some advice, and all u need to do is change the camera , zoom, and game speed to the setting u like...Then its fun...:)