PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 4

Twisted J
11-18-2001, 08:58 AM
does anyone know if they will makeTekken 4 for x box?

Markus_Kalarkus
12-17-2001, 05:19 PM
awesome question becuz im a huge fighting game fan and tekken is pretty coll anyone know?:confused:

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2001, 02:36 PM
Sad to say fellas, but Tekken 4 thus far is a PS2 game only. But Namco never said it was a PS2 exclusive!
It's due next year for that trashy system.
Honestly, I played the game in the arcades several times and it aint all that. It's only a pretty version of Tekken 3 w/ walls add to certain levels.
Everyone should be more excited for Soul Calibur 2 if you ask me!

Twisted J
12-18-2001, 06:41 PM
yeah, tekken 4 in the arcade isnt all that, and i know soul calibur 2 is gunna rock but im still a tekken fan. i dont know why but bass and tina just dont pump me up as much and king does

Dave
12-18-2001, 10:58 PM
Tekken will be the series I miss the most not owning a playstation anymore. I liked my Tekken 3 for PS1 better than my DOA3 game. Soul Caliber 2 has me pumped up though. Maybe someone will make a rip off of Tekken for Xbox. I would not complain about some company scamming the idea and putting a new name on it with some new faces.

Bakero
12-22-2001, 09:07 PM
Ben been bin

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Sad to say fellas, but Tekken 4 thus far is a PS2 game only. But Namco never said it was a PS2 exclusive!
It's due next year for that trashy system.
Honestly, I played the game in the arcades several times and it aint all that. It's only a pretty version of Tekken 3 w/ walls add to certain levels.
Everyone should be more excited for Soul Calibur 2 if you ask me!

Only a pretty version?:rolleyes: Obviously you're either biased or haven't played the game much. You only see the obvious, the enormous graphical advance, and the button arrangements (alla left punch, right punch, left kick, right kick. But if you really are a fan of Tekken you would know that the Game Play has changed drastically. You can't cruise through the game anymore just by knowing one of Paul's special moves. The game play has more debt now; you need more technique and strategy. You won't be able to beat 3 (or even two in most peoples case) characters if you don't know what you are doing. The characters in the Tekken series are cooler than the ones in Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur. You can really get into the history behind Tekken and really love one or two characters. There is a character for every gamer twice as many as Dead or Alive or more. The characters in Dead or Alive are silly and more light hearted, Beautiful women skimpy clothing, cool dudes with weird raver clothes and the story line doesn't get you into the game you just want to play more and more so you can get the skimpier costumes for the ladies (I'm not gonna lie, It's my number one reason for playing Dead or Alive so much). You go to all the arcades and Tekken 4 gets crowded during wee hours, and there is always a couple of bad dudes who's mastered one or two characters (personal choice). And in Tekken 4 I have noticed that some previously useful characters such as Hworang is now basically trash, because his combo key bashing does not work at all, it's more realistic now having to shift from left to right more and using more of you're fist (I barely kick anymore about 20 % of the time only not like before I kick like 60 % of the time). So chill out on the Tekken 4 is just a beautiful Tekken3. :cool:

Ninja Scroll
12-23-2001, 08:45 PM
Yo slim,
you can make a case and plead all you want for Tekken 4 all you want but the game still in nothing more than a graphical enhancement of Tekken 3 at the arcades.
I Tekken series is dated and in japan no one even cares about this series. They say all the Tekken 4 cabinets are collecting crazy dust over their while VF4 is making all the cake in Japan as they have been doing since VF's original game!
Tekken is on par o falling off just like MK series.
The solid fighting games are Soul Calibur, VF, & DOA.