PDA

View Full Version : There's been talk about Xbox "Easter Eggs"-I've got some info!

Maxthndr
11-18-2001, 09:25 AM
I'm not advertising teamxbox, but here's some info about an interview they conducted with Jeff Henshaw, Executive Producer of Xbox software:

Click here for the full interview! (http://teamxbox.com/article.php?id=201&t=i)

"TeamXbox: You guys have any cards up your sleeve that you're waiting to spring on everyone? Can we have any hints?

Jeff H: Xbox's strengths are pretty obvious to most of your readers already. Sure, there are a few surprises waiting to be discovered, but the only hint that I'll give you is to say that everyone on the Xbox team knows that YOU - the gamers of the world - are what makes any console successful and great. There is a thank-you included in every Xbox, just waiting for someone to find. I wonder how long that'll take?"

^ Now, take a look at what I underlined ^

FACTS:

1) There is/are Easter Eggs, that is confirmed.
2) YOU is exaggerated by being in CAPS.
3) There is a "Thank-You" IN every Xbox. That cuts out the coupons and a few other things.
4) This will either take some time to find, or it will occur at a certain time, as noted in the last phrase.

Now, those of us with the preview issue of the Xbox magazine, the one with the xbox on the cover, can notice a few hints also:

1) On the cover, the Xbox is in green flames, which leads to:
--->2) The phrase "Attention: the green smoke coming from the Xbox is not a design flaw" can be found on the side of the mag.
3) THE MOST IMPORTANT HINT OF ALL: On page 04, the following is said at the bottom: "- SECRET STUFF: We have it on good authority that the Xbox contains at least one cool little secret 'Easter egg' that is related to how long you have your Xbox - and, no, it doesn't explode."------> This goes with what Jeff Henshaw said in his interview.......hmmmmmm......

I'll do a little more research in the coming days. As soon as my Xbox comes (**** Shipping!), I'll try setting the time to various dates. Please post your thoughts.

Myth-One
11-18-2001, 12:02 PM
try setting the time to next year 11-15-2002

Stncold
11-18-2001, 02:30 PM
did anyone try that 11-15 one he just mentioned yet because i wanna know if it does anything before i mess with it for no reason. if it does do something then i guess my lazy butt will have to try it out. but if it doesnt then why should i try. can someone tell me if it works? i wonder what these "easter eggs" could be and where they are hiding lol.

skoot182
11-18-2001, 03:38 PM
i tried 11-15-02, but it didnt work

Keep searching

XERO
11-18-2001, 04:42 PM
if we are going to play with dates...HMMMMMMM...try Bill Gates' birthday....or the launch date for the PS2....hehehehehe...i am very curoius about these eggies...

Hugh_Jass
11-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Holidays are usually a good source for date-related Easter eggs. You could start with Easter Sunday...or would that be too obvious? :)

sinizuh
11-18-2001, 09:25 PM
if you sent the date to christmas, everyone in halo is wearing a Santa hat and christmas lights cover the Pillar of Autumn!

... :D no, i don't know.

dysrhythmia
11-18-2001, 10:22 PM
The easter egg has something to do with "how long" you've had your xbox right? If that's the case then setting the timer ahead won't activate the "surprise"......? I set my clock at 11/15/01 12:54am. I dunno, just throwing ideas out.

JADE8704
11-18-2001, 11:44 PM
i dont know if any of you read, but in the preview mag for the xbox (pg.39, #56 of 70 reasons why you absolutely positively have to own an XBOX), it said something about "satanic rumblings" if you leave your xbox dash alone long enough...and in the forum for team xbox someone said that their xbox actually said "hello" to them after he left the xbox on w/o any games........hmm....i wonder what this means...well, hope this helps you guuys....i'll also be researching some things for this...

JADE8704
11-19-2001, 12:01 AM
the forum in team xbox says that maybe the easter egg is the 10GB hard drive in the systems??? maybe when that guy said that it depended on how long youv'e had your xbox, he means that the first wave of XBOXs had 10GB upgrade and the others would be a 8GB???i dont know...what are your guys's thougths....here is the site if you want to see what everyone else thinks of the 'easter eggs' of the xbox...
http://videogames.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msxbox.com%2F

sinizuh
11-19-2001, 01:13 AM
yea... they wouldn't do that 10gb and 8gb thing... that's just stupid...

and i tried a bunch of stuff. random button pushs on every dash screen. changed my clock to different times. become idle for a while (which is cool on the title screen of Halo) changed my Halo profile name to "Bill Gates" :D and nothing worked :(

Xboxderekman
11-19-2001, 10:41 AM
I listend to the xbox on for about an hour. The screen saver comes on and then its says, "why r u doing this to me?"
then its says, "wow! stop! screem" weird huh? No what i tried also, i put the micro phone to the speaker of tv and played backwards on the computer and it said, "Mom, dad, look at this, the sun is -------bla bla bla" Thats what i made out.

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 10:49 AM
Time will tell. I know on dc in ready to rumble when it was holidays the background would change. I wonder if this is what they ment. Maybe it will brain wash us so bill gates can take over the world? lol

netranger6
11-19-2001, 11:28 AM
Maybe it will enable Progressive Scan for DVD Playback??? Tha would be freakin awesome! Man, I am going home tonight, reading all instructions, game manuals, and the first issue of XBOX MAg, I will find our special thank you!!

skoot182
11-20-2001, 07:34 PM
There has been talk of raven making her appearence as a full game/demo! This could be why the hd was suddenly down graded from 10 to 8 gb: 2gb of game? thats a little much, but its possible.

**UPDATE**(teamxbox.com)
We have been given confirmation that Raven WILL indeed be appearing on the Xbox this week! The rumor appears to be true and we can expect to see Raven appear on the Xbox a lot sooner then expected. However, our sources cannot disclose where, so we are still waiting to hear more on this story. We are hoping to have a more definite answer very soon.

Haine
11-21-2001, 04:03 AM
Netranger,It already has progressive scan......my goodness.