PDA

View Full Version : Can't order an X-Box due to Stupid EBgames Policy

Reverend Love
11-18-2001, 11:32 AM
EBgames, most of us know them as one the premier e-retailers for games and peripherals. Being in the U.S. Air Force they're pretty much my only link to PC, and X-Box items.

Tried to order pre-order an X-Box and controllers and some games from their site and now I'm informed that they no longer ship to APO's...?? WHAT? An APO is simply a designator telling the post office that it's to be handled by the military equivalent, and not to send it through normal foreign shipping....it's never handled by foreign nationals, and being that only a military member or U.S. contractor can hold an APO it's never going to a foreign national.....

Sorry that I'm ranting but this is absolutely absurd. It's like saying since Hawaii is not apart of the continental United States they all must be credit card scam artist so we won't ship to all of Hawaii.... Said in that perspective it looks fairly ridiculous doesn’t it. Hopefully EB will see this and understand too.

Reverend Love

Hugh_Jass
11-18-2001, 06:39 PM
Maybe a family member can buy the stuff and mail it to you.

If not, I'll do it if you send me a money order. The stores in my town seem to be pretty well stocked with XBox, accessories, and games.

Reverend Love
11-19-2001, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the offer, hugh, Hugh_JASS...HAHA!

I sent an email explaining myself, and the magical APO designator to EBgames. Hopefully they'll do a little research and come to the same logical conclusion as myself.

Reverend Love