PDA

View Full Version : help! Should I buy Unreal Championship or Metroid Prime?

Leo
11-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Hello.

I played Unreal Championship which is really crazy fun.
But first I was looking toward Metroid Prime. Metroid Prime
looks like a movie and stuff. It has Special effects. Metroid Prime got 9.8 from www.IGN.com

I never played Metroid Prime but I have some gameplay movies which is quite really cool. I don't know what should I buy Unreal Championship or Metroid Prime. I know those are both are great games. But I am getting only getting one game! What should I buy please help! Thank you.

VenoM
11-22-2002, 09:25 PM
well..metroid prime sounds to be like an amazing game....id have to say metroid prime is more of a game then unreal...unreal is just a multiplayer shoot em up.....i would get both but if ya can only choose one.....hmm..id go for metroid prime...i wouldnt be surprised if metroid prime gets game of the year also...although splinter cell is looking cool..id say splinter cell and metroid prime are strong finalist for game of the year(they both crap on vice city which imo sucks,way to over hype just like gta3)........anyways...go for metroid prime if ya want a deep single player adventure game with a story but if all ya looking for is a fast multiplayer shoot em up get unreal ...up to you what you wanna experience...but if ya choose unreal now i sugguest ya pick up metroid at a later time...so far it looks like a must for all gc owners

just remembered....you dont have live do ya??:confused: if ya dont have live then the clear answer is metroid prime...forget unreal if ya cant play online

Leo
11-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
well..metroid prime sounds to be like an amazing game....id have to say metroid prime is more of a game then unreal...unreal is just a multiplayer shoot em up.....i would get both but if ya can only choose one.....hmm..id go for metroid prime...i wouldnt be surprised if metroid prime gets game of the year also...although splinter cell is looking cool..id say splinter cell and metroid prime are strong finalist for game of the year(they both crap on vice city which imo sucks,way to over hype just like gta3)........anyways...go for metroid prime if ya want a deep single player adventure game with a story but if all ya looking for is a fast multiplayer shoot em up get unreal ...up to you what you wanna experience...but if ya choose unreal now i sugguest ya pick up metroid at a later time...so far it looks like a must for all gc owners

just remembered....you dont have live do ya??:confused: if ya dont have live then the clear answer is metroid prime...forget unreal if ya cant play online

I am not getting Xbox Live so I think that Unreal Championship is no good for singel player. I played Single player on Unreal Championship was not bad.

How long is Metroid Prime. Look i play 10 hours a day! So I need a long long game! I read on IGN that Metroid Prime is 25+ gameplay hours. My friend DOOM told me it will take a month for me to pass Metroid Prime. Who is telling the truth? IGN or my friend DOOM?

My Teacher getting me the game on monday November 25th.

My teacher comes HOME at 10 or 10:30 o'clock. She is very nice teacher she likes me a lot! one time she spent 80$ for me!

She bought Warcraft 3 , Warcraft 3 is 60$ and a Warcraft 3 Game Guide for 20$. 60$ + 20$ = 80$. That's a lot. Her name is Ann. She been my teacher for 2 or 3 years already. I am now in 7 grade.

Thank you. Please reply anybody who is reading this.

VenoM
11-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Leo

I am not getting Xbox Live so I think that Unreal Championship is no good for singel player. I played Single player on Unreal Championship was not bad.

How long is Metroid Prime. Look i play 10 hours a day! So I need a long long game! I read on IGN that Metroid Prime is 25+ gameplay hours. My friend DOOM told me it will take a month for me to pass Metroid Prime. Who is telling the truth? IGN or my friend DOOM?

My Teacher getting me the game on monday November 25th.

My teacher comes HOME at 10 or 10:30 o'clock. She is very nice teacher she likes me a lot! one time she spent 80$ for me!

She bought Warcraft 3 , Warcraft 3 is 60$ and a Warcraft 3 Game Guide for 20$. 60$ + 20$ = 80$. That's a lot. Her name is Ann. She been my teacher for 2 or 3 years already. I am now in 7 grade.

Thank you. Please reply anybody who is reading this.

what i heard is metroid prime is a long game...i bet it would take ya more then a month for you to beat it :D ....hmm...tell ann to get ya metroid or if ya want unreal tell ann to pay for braodband for ya then maybe ya can think about getting unreal :D

Discretion
11-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Well, As a owner of both I will be honest with you. Metroid is a AWESOME single player. No Multiplayer but hey, whats Metroid other than single? HEHE. Anyways, Unreal is IN MY OPINION only worth it if you can get XBL. Now, if you can, than it depends. Do you just want to move around a kill people and win that way? Its all deathmatches. Even on single player.

Metroid is all adventure with shooting. I would take MP anyday!

Xbox Owner
11-22-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Leo

Look i play 10 hours a day! So I need a long long game!.

You have NO life.

Originally posted by Leo

I am now in 7 grade.

Ha!

Originally posted by Leo

You said that your teacher was buying you Metriod Prime. I smell a lie. How is a teacher your teacher for 3 years? And if it's two or three, learn how to count. You must of got held back or something 3 times.

Discretion
11-22-2002, 11:15 PM
WOW... The younger generation has no life @ all I can see. I am not picking on you Leo, but I am a Freshman in High School :D

I am older than you so... MEH! Your teacher buys you games?! I WANT THAT TEACHER IF ITS TRUE(I doubt it is)...

Xbox Owner
11-22-2002, 11:19 PM
Your teacher is you sex buddy, or she's your mom, which one?

"My teacher comes HOME at 10 or 10:30 o'clock. She is very nice teacher she likes me a lot! one time she spent 80$ for me!"

"She is very nice teacher she likes me a lot!"

y2kash_14
11-22-2002, 11:53 PM
English IS your second language right?

Dark Enemy
11-23-2002, 04:34 AM
Man Leo is lying and i think his teacher is his mom for homeschool. and yeah english is his second language by just reading the way he writes.

evil xbox king
11-23-2002, 05:05 AM
WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

Casper
11-23-2002, 07:32 AM
Guys...um, can't anyone get home-schooling anymore? Jeez, get off this kid already, I think there's other members that you can pick on....leave Leo alone and let him speak his mind. The guys young, and is obviously getting special care, so BACK OFF :mad:

Anyways, Leo, being that you don't have Xbox Live, I would say go with Metroid. I played it the other day and it's a stunning game, and even though it may say that it has about 25 hours of gameplay, I can bet that it will take you awhile to get through it, as did the origninal one on NES.

Reclaimer
11-23-2002, 08:51 AM
So I see that a few of you want to be on the fast track to my ****-list. Leave Leo alone. He's a kid, get over it. He only asked what game to get. He didn't ask you to make fun of him, or try and call him out, our mess with him about his parent teacher thing. The kid has a few things to learn, but it's a damn shame when you get jumped when you ask for help.

Leave him be.

Leo
11-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
English IS your second language right?

Yes english is my second language. That's why I have a trouble with grammar. Well I get there!

Leo
11-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

You have NO life.

Ha!

You said that your teacher was buying you Metriod Prime. I smell a lie. How is a teacher your teacher for 3 years? And if it's two or three, learn how to count. You must of got held back or something 3 times.

Ann been my teacher since 4th or 5th grade.

The thing is that I am from another country. I am only 2 years in a America. So I was in America since 2000. I don't remember when my teacher came. I started 4th or 5th grade and now I am in 7th grade. Ann is still my teacher. I AM NOT ALLOW TO gO TO SCHOOL! Because I ahev some heatl problems. WHich is I can't tell you what kind of health problems I have. So now meybe you'll know who I am really am.

But when I will reach High School then i am going to go to School.

So do me a favor? Please stop bugging me! All the time! I don't like it! I never bugging you around!

I am 12 years old. Going to be 13 in Feabuary 25th 2003.

So are you happy now to know the truth who I am!

It whould be nice if you just stop bugging me. And talk like a normal person.

You are a much older than me. So you should respect me sometimes!

carlbme
11-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Leo, I say get Metriod, and just ignore those who pick on you.

It takes alot of guts to continuously come back to a place where you get picked on and I am glad you've hung around.

Your posts have improved and i'm sure they'll get better.

That said....whats your teacher look like? :p

Dre
11-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Hey Leo,

I definitely agree with the majority of peeps on here and say get Metroid Prime. I've never played MP, but I own UC and without XBL I don't see UC being all that much fun. Its a game designed for online play. MP on the other hand looks amazing and makes me want to go out and buy a NGC ;) If the rumored NGC price drop to 100$ comes true, I'll definitely pick one up!

xboxgamer142
11-23-2002, 11:12 AM
I don't own both, but I've heard that Unreal Championship is better. Metroid Prime is a crappy game and Samus is well...a bit like Master Chief or aleast his armor is.

Dre
11-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
I don't own both, but I've heard that Unreal Championship is better. Metroid Prime is a crappy game and Samus is well...a bit like Master Chief or aleast his armor is.

Samus is a she...

Just goes to show how much you know bout Metroid...:)

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 11:39 AM
After you beat Metriod Prime, there's nothing else to do.

Get UC, its has tons of replay value and a great multiplayer experience.

xboxman_1
11-23-2002, 11:57 AM
LOL!!! That was one of the more ignorant posts I've ever seen. This has already been said, but Samus is a she, and considering Metroid has been around much longer then Halo, shouldn't it be the other way around? Master Chief's armor looks a bit like Samus'? You heard UC is better??? From who? A blind monkey?? I ordered UC, and when it got here, I played for a few hours and promptly returned it. The framerate stunk, and the multiplayer was laggy. MP is an extremely polished game, its not crappy in any sense, so Leo, I recommend Metroid.

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

LOL!!! That was one of the more ignorant posts I've ever seen. This has already been said, but Samus is a she, and considering Metroid has been around much longer then Halo, shouldn't it be the other way around? Master Chief's armor looks a bit like Samus'? You heard UC is better??? From who? A blind monkey?? I ordered UC, and when it got here, I played for a few hours and promptly returned it. The framerate stunk, and the multiplayer was laggy. MP is an extremely polished game, its not crappy in any sense, so Leo, I recommend Metroid.

You'll be returning Metroid after you find out that there is no replay value at all.

and God forbid that 2 video game characters cant wear armor...:rolleyes:

y2kash_14
11-23-2002, 01:06 PM

this post alone shows how much you know about Metroid :rolleyes:

first off, i don't see how you could call the game Crappy when you clearly stated you don't own it. Samus is a girl. And Samus couldn't have copied MC's armor because Metroid was out WAY longer than Halo. So please.....get your facts straight before you post:)

EHWfedPres
11-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
first off, i don't see how you could call the game Crappy when you clearly stated you don't own it.

I played many games that I dont own...

y2kash_14
11-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I played many games that I dont own...

argh you got me there.....

Leo
11-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Leo, I say get Metriod, and just ignore those who pick on you.

It takes alot of guts to continuously come back to a place where you get picked on and I am glad you've hung around.

Your posts have improved and i'm sure they'll get better.

That said....whats your teacher look like? :p

Thank you for reply man!

Well. I can't tell what my teacher looks like. Besdes it's hard to explain. She is a little bit big, she is not fat. She is 52 years old.
One time she drove me to her house. It ws really to have a teacher like that. She has 5 or 4 cats in the house.

I was in her car! The is really kind of old.

Why you wanna how much teacher looks like?
please reply!

carlbme
11-23-2002, 10:37 PM
I know when I was going through school I always wanted a hot teacher who did things for me, just checking to make sure you weren't luckier than I was :D LOL

VenoM
11-23-2002, 10:55 PM

gotta love those true xbox fanboys :rolleyes:

Dark Enemy
11-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Sorry Leo if i said anything that hurt ur feelings and now i understand why u are the way u are thanx for the info and forgive me

beef747
11-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Metroid all the way, even though I only played the demo. I have been playing unreal and its quite.... uh boring:rolleyes:
I played the pc version which actually requires some skills besides aiming your rifle in a persons general direction... or you can take off auto aim which makes it near impossible to hit someone when you are on the move. The pc version is alot cleaner overall, no fuzzy graphics and slow downs if you have a good computer. However, I really do not care for the pc version because I think the original UT was better. Metroid looks to be alot more entertaining as far as replay and innovation goes.
you make the choice but its more of a labor to play UC then metroid from what I have noticed

CALzinger
11-24-2002, 03:19 PM
unreal championship ownz, 'nuff said

Kortiz
11-24-2002, 06:02 PM
I have heard wonderful things about Metroid Prime.....probably gonna be game of the year, matched with Splinter Cell and Vice City.

UC is a great game, but without Broadband, you will be missing out on most of what the game has to offer, i could be wrong though.

MP, is prob the way to go, you are in 7th grade.......not a cutdown, but at your age, you will get a whole lot of playing from the game. from the people i know, they are about 30% through the game in about 13 hours. For you, prob maybe 20 hours? so MP is prob the way to go, you will def. get a lot of playing time out of it. and if you are getting all of those games you say you are getting, it is gonna be awhile before you finish any of those games.

Metroid Prime over UC is my vote.