PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got MK:DA?

X-Killer
11-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Looks good as far as I've seen. I'm getting it sometime.

Ninja Scroll
11-23-2002, 10:58 AM
I was for a quick second considering it when I saw Best Buy was giving away $10.00 gift cards for FREE with purchase....

but after about 2 and a half seconds I said "naaaaw, i'll pass".

As for da fighting gernes. I just want Capcom Vs. SNK 2EO on :LIVE & Sooooooooooooooul Calibur 2!!!:cool:

Ultron-9
11-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Got it and loving it. I will give it a two thumbs up for the replay value alone.:D

Discretion
11-23-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, I liked Mortal Combat in the past... Now most fighting games lose replay value... The best fighter ever is DOA games.

Shoua
11-23-2002, 05:42 PM
I got MK : DA i must say it is one of the best fighting games i have played. It is not as good as Soul Caliber but it is pretty darn close. I think it is way better than Dead or Alive 3 as i got bored of it after the first night. I've spent about 15hrs with MK and i am loving every minute of it.

Scrizz
11-23-2002, 08:36 PM
I agree with Ultron-9. Got it and loving it. Replay value is key.

Variation-XBA
11-24-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I was for a quick second considering it when I saw Best Buy was giving away $10.00 gift cards for FREE with purchase

Bah.... Future Shop aint doing that :(

beef747
11-24-2002, 02:47 PM
I rented it and at first I was hey this is great but then the novelty items like the blood, the fat guys jiggling belly, and the 3 sets of fighting styles wore of quickly. Soon you are thinking when will it end... the whole thing with a password protected profile makes it a labor to beat the game since only that individual character gets the specials I think, and you are not awarded with points UNLESS you have a profile made... What especially upsets me is the fact the game is catered towards ps2 graphics as usual. so you are not missing anything in the way of graphics, Soul Calibur beats this game in all categories, maybe not the blood but still, If you are looking for replay and depth to a fighting game I really suggest something else because this game lacks any sort of moves or combos, mostly just button mashing and nostalgia. Not worth buying if you ask me...:rolleyes:

VeNoMiZA
11-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by beef747
I rented it and at first I was hey this is great but then the novelty items like the blood, the fat guys jiggling belly, and the 3 sets of fighting styles wore of quickly. Soon you are thinking when will it end... the whole thing with a password protected profile makes it a labor to beat the game since only that individual character gets the specials I think, and you are not awarded with points UNLESS you have a profile made... What especially upsets me is the fact the game is catered towards ps2 graphics as usual. so you are not missing anything in the way of graphics, Soul Calibur beats this game in all categories, maybe not the blood but still, If you are looking for replay and depth to a fighting game I really suggest something else because this game lacks any sort of moves or combos, mostly just button mashing and nostalgia. Not worth buying if you ask me...:rolleyes:

your T.V. must be broken or your playin on a 2in tv :rolleyes: mk kills soul calibur's graphics and it is better than the ps2 version..

beef747
11-24-2002, 03:05 PM
your T.V. must be broken or your playin on a 2in tv mk kills soul calibur's graphics and it is better than the ps2 version..

ever here of a vga box? perhaps you should try and play a few games on it sometime, before you make any assumptions... And I think my Sony 27" Trinitron Is good enough for me... perhaps you should trade in your 1" black and white RCA in for at least a 12" screen, it will do you some good, plus it might have some av jacks, cause I dont think you get the full potential of games going through the rf, sorry to tell ya.. :(

VeNoMiZA
11-24-2002, 04:01 PM
[
ever here of a vga box? perhaps you should try and play a few games on it sometime, before you make any assumptions... And I think my Sony 27" Trinitron Is good enough for me... perhaps you should trade in your 1" black and white RCA in for at least a 12" screen, it will do you some good, plus it might have some av jacks, cause I dont think you get the full potential of games going through the rf, sorry to tell ya.. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

dam must be nice to have a 27 trinitron too bad im on a 52 in HDTV sony sorry to break it to ya but ur the weakest link.. goodbye :D

beef747
11-25-2002, 09:36 AM
its funny to think that you go from saying that my tv is broken, to saying my tv is not adequate for playing an average video game...
so I suppose you are suggesting that everyone in general is inferior to you... because of some reason or another... sounds like some or sort of personal problem to me...:confused:

dam must be nice to have a 27 trinitron too bad im on a 52 in HDTV sony sorry to break it to ya but ur the weakest link.. goodbye

Now this is what I find funny because now all of the sudden you have a really huge tv... highly unless its daddy's. That is unlikely since, like you, I am assuming that your family is most likely on welfare and rely on the hard work of others... like me to get your pathetic a$$ around. Keep in mind however that this is just my off topic criticism to show that my reply is more intellegent then yours since I am capable of dealing off topic blows towards a respectible and decent topic. But that doesn't make up for the fact that you think Mortal Kombat has killer graphics. so to state that I am the weakest link indeed shows that you are in fact trying to dismiss that you have poor taste in graphical content, and if you do have a tv like that, which i entirely doubt, then it is a of bad taste, and perhaps there are others who deserve it much more.

your T.V. must be broken or your playin on a 2in tv mk kills soul calibur's graphics and it is better than the ps2 version..

To sum this up perhaps you should stop being critical towards other peoples constructive opions regarding advice. Hence the idea of a gaming community. I started out posting my opinion on MK and you turn it into a completely different topic... Perhaps your useful "knowledge" is unwarranted... goodbye sir :D

DarkMatter
12-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Blah! I beat you both. I have a 56" HDTV..with..Umm...Special thing sto make it better then yours:D

destroydemons
12-04-2002, 05:30 PM
yes it would be hard to beat DOA3 but DOA3 is one of the best , if not the best, fighting game. But, MK dominated in the past. MK also got rated a 8.9, which is pretty good considering Midway made it :p and thats a pretty good rating. i'm gona rent it first, but i will probably end up buying it.

kev05551
12-22-2002, 09:47 AM
looooooooooooooove it

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by X-Killer
Looks good as far as I've seen. I'm getting it sometime.

no.