PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or Do a lot of XBox games look..Cartoonish?

Arithmatic
11-18-2001, 04:12 PM
from looking at screen shots from nfl fever and nba inside drive or whatever its called it seems like it looks cartoonish i hope this is not so because i want to get an xbox but i like things to look realistic. Somebody tell me whats up.

juvenile
11-18-2001, 07:19 PM
Certain games like Cell Damage are supposed to look 'cartoonish'. Go play an XBox and see for yourself if the games seem 'cartoonish' to you.

Heyyoudvd
11-18-2001, 08:25 PM
PGR has a bit of a cartoonish look to it.

It's too birhgt and colourful, when compared to GT3.

Criz
11-18-2001, 08:32 PM
If you want to see cartoonish games just look at most of nintendo's lineup... i think that xbox is the least cartoonish of the consoles out now.

skoot182
11-18-2001, 08:40 PM
good point criz, but if you ask me i dont agree that either pgr of fever look cartoonish, if anything, feverlooks this way on the cover of the game, and possibly the player close-ups, but thats about it.

Frostberg
11-18-2001, 09:27 PM
PGR cartoonish? Nahh It looks pretty realistic to me. I dont think it looks any worse than GT3

dysrhythmia
11-18-2001, 10:27 PM
Halo looks.......dreamy! :D

Slash10
11-19-2001, 02:01 PM
Yeah i was at the mall on sunday and I saw a football game in the window so I told some friends I wanted to see who's winning the football game. Boy did I feel stupid when I went over and It was a demo of NFL Fever. LOL, thats how cartoonish it isnt.

Gammer4Life
11-19-2001, 02:12 PM
I noticed when you play on a tv that at least doesn't have s-video the games look chalky and less detail and that makes the game look worse than they are. On my tv at home i have a pure flat tv with s-video and commponent input, and if you put that tv next to a regular cheap one, every game you compare will look like two totally different games. So if anyone ever have anything to say about the grapics don't say nothing if your using a tv that only have a RF jack and a RCA jack. Beacause the Xbox as well as the PS2 outdates regular tv's. The XBOX!!!!! requires the best TV's to play it's best!!!!!! My bet is that if you don't have alot of money buy a dvd ready tv with s-video, if you have a little more buy a pureflat tv with 3 line scanning with s-video and component colorstream hookups or if your rich or just like to throw away money buy a high definition tv and hook it up to the high def av pack but for god sake don't play the xbox on an old tube or cheap tube tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mojo__31
11-19-2001, 02:12 PM
If they look cartoonish its because the ultra bright vivid colors with no jaggies. PS2 players are used to dim washed out textures with jagged edges, so I can see why the colors and textures look odd to them, lol.

Sachile_
11-19-2001, 02:22 PM
hehe, cartoonish they might, but they look dam good so i dont care =)

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
PGR has a bit of a cartoonish look to it.

It's too birhgt and colourful, when compared to GT3.

I beg to differ. I have played GT3 countless times and I purchased PGR...PGR is a hell of a lot better...it beats the living crap out GT3. PGR is in a class of it's own...on top of the amazing graphics, you can also listen to cut tracks of your personal CD collection. Try that on your PoS2 :D

I also have NFL Fever 2002...what looks cartoonish about this game? This game seriously rocks and has the best graphics and gameplay of any football video game that I have ever seen! I have played all of the Madden games, NFL 2K2, and several others...I was, by far, more impressed with Fever. When I was playing on an XBox Kiosk at a local Toys R' Us, a lady walked up and actually thought it was a real NFL Football game! I assured her that it was a video game! lol...She was at somewhat of a distance at first....Yes, it looks like a video game but is the most realistic to date in my opinion.

aronx
11-19-2001, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Slash10
Yeah i was at the mall on sunday and I saw a football game in the window so I told some friends I wanted to see who's winning the football game. Boy did I feel stupid when I went over and It was a demo of NFL Fever. LOL, thats how cartoonish it isnt.

please....

mattcoxonline
11-19-2001, 04:56 PM
noooooooooooo.........

please DON'T say Xbox looks cartoonish....

I think you might have got confused with the Gamecu...sorry..LAMEcube...

Remember:
Roses are red, violets are blue, PS is ****, and Gamecube is too.....