PDA

View Full Version : Capcom vs Snk2eo OR Marval vs. capcom

Dark Enemy
11-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Ive come across these 2 games. which one is better, in gameplay, characters ect......

thanx in advance

VenoM
11-23-2002, 08:24 PM
there both okay 2d fighter games but i guess i would go for marvel vs capcom since ...uhh...well.....venom is in the game :D

Dark Enemy
11-23-2002, 08:26 PM
what popular characters are in both games...............

VenoM
11-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
what popular characters are in both games...............

well..marvel vs capcom has characters like some of the x-men and spiderman and other super heroes and villains and it also has capcom characters like some of the street fighter gang and other capcom characters like strider ,jill from resident evil,and more of there characters......in capcom vs snk you have the capcom characters going up against the snk characters which were popular characters in those neo-geo arcades and systems...id prefer the marvel vs capcom series though

Dark Enemy
11-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Who are the SNk characters

VenoM
11-23-2002, 09:23 PM
the snk characters are from games like king of fighters,fatal fury,samurai showdown...some of those snk games

carlbme
11-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Capcom vs SNK is on Live, but is Marvel vs Capcom??

aircobra
11-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
Capcom vs SNK is on Live, but is Marvel vs Capcom??

nope

Dark Enemy
11-24-2002, 12:06 AM
well i guess ill get SNK cause it will be live and i might get marval i just hopw they put that live too

Piccolo_DBz
11-24-2002, 03:42 PM
CAPCOM VS SNK all the way!:cool:

VeNoMiZA
11-24-2002, 04:04 PM
capcom vs snk is way better imo cuzz marvel has some wackass music man and to me the characters dont look that good :confused: lol but man capcom vs snk is a real fighting game whoa! thats a must get for the hardcore gamers out there just like me :cool:

Dark Enemy
11-24-2002, 04:38 PM
I made my decision im gonna get capcom vs. SNK but why isnt there much info on the game so far.

Afro Aura
11-24-2002, 05:18 PM
I've chosen Capcom vs SNK as I played this over the net using M.A.M.E so at least there won't be that much lag if I'm using XBL

the thing that but me off Marvel vs Capcom was that the characters where flying all over the play in the game (DC version) when they jumped it use to bloody irate me

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 09:47 AM
if you cant tell from my sig Capcom Vs. SNK 2EO is next on my list and dats only because it's LIVE!!! if it was not I would not give this game a second look.
Im skipping da Marvel version.

Just to let you all know, I will rule da leaderboards on dis game!
Im a 2-D fighter master!
My #1 team on Capcom Vs. SNK is Blanka, Ken, & Sagat!

I dont use dem SNK fools,..never was a NeoGeo/SNK fan. I always looked at dem as Capcom rip-offs.:D

Afro Aura
11-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
if you cant tell from my sig Capcom Vs. SNK 2EO is next on my list and dats only because it's LIVE!!! if it was not I would not give this game a second look.
Im skipping da Marvel version.

Just to let you all know, I will rule da leaderboards on dis game!
Im a 2-D fighter master!
My #1 team on Capcom Vs. SNK is Blanka, Ken, & Sagat!

I dont use dem SNK fools,..never was a NeoGeo/SNK fan. I always looked at dem as Capcom rip-offs.:D
Bring it on I'll show you who's the master of Capcom vs SNK
it's a damn shame it's not over here yet

WWII
11-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Just to let you guys know something because the other day some people were talking about Marvel Vs Capcom2 AND CAPCOM VS SNK............ Marvel Vs Capcom2 will be on XBL, I guess thats why it was delayed. (Buy Marvel Vs Capcom2)

y2kash_14
11-26-2002, 02:35 AM
WARNING

Capcom vs. SNK is fo Experts only! If you aren't familiar with the vs. series then you better go with Marvel vs. Capcom. Capcom vs. Snk might be way to deep for the average gamer:)

Dre
11-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by WWII
Just to let you guys know something because the other day some people were talking about Marvel Vs Capcom2 AND CAPCOM VS SNK............ Marvel Vs Capcom2 will be on XBL, I guess thats why it was delayed. (Buy Marvel Vs Capcom2)

1. You should have posted this in that other thread.. you probably would have gotten more response. Although its getting bumped now.. but ya..

2. Do you have a link please? I did a quick search on google and didn't find jack to support your claim.

DZNUTZ
11-26-2002, 11:47 AM
this one is online.http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/229956.jpg

DVDGNZ
11-27-2002, 05:45 AM
Marvel Vs. Capcom is too crazy for me. I think Capcom vs. SNK requires more skill and is just more fun. I can't wait to crush everyone!

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
WARNING

Capcom vs. SNK is fo Experts only! If you aren't familiar with the vs. series then you better go with Marvel vs. Capcom. Capcom vs. Snk might be way to deep for the average gamer:)

Capcom vs.SNK 2EO takes skillz? Not really. As long as you have played da first Street Fighter II back in da mid 90's you should be aight.
This game is soooo slow paced a lil'kid can win at it. As long as he knows how to block.

Now a game like da Virtua Fighter series & Soul Calibur takes real skillz. Not this 2-D joint!

Originally posted by Afro Aura

Bring it on I'll show you who's the master of Capcom vs SNK
it's a damn shame it's not over here yet

Hey Afro Aura, im sure you got a lil' bit of fighting skillz since you have made several fighting threads in this gerne, but you dont even have XBL yet just still say you will defeat me?:confused:

When is Europe getting LIVE? After Japan?

I just hope one thing though, dat this game has no lag like a few of the launch games for Live has here & there cause it could mos def cause a loss for someone.

Dark Enemy
11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
I saw at some places that this game costs $39.99 is it true and why?

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by PublicEnemy2k3
I saw at some places that this game costs $39.99 is it true and why?

It's going to be $39.99 everywhere!

Why you ask? Well it's not a new game. And most of Capcom's dated titles are normally $39.99 or less. Example: Dino Crisis, RE2, RE3 ports to Dreamcast from PSOne were only $19.99!

RE2, RE3, & RE:CV DC ports to GC will be between $19.99-$39.99

Which is actually the right way to do this cause it not fair for da gamer to pay full price for a dated game. Naw Mean?:)

Cloud Strife
11-27-2002, 03:13 PM
I would have to say Capcom vs. SNK 2 because I played the first one more than Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Dreamcast.

DVDGNZ
11-28-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Capcom vs.SNK 2EO takes skillz? Not really. As long as you have played da first Street Fighter II back in da mid 90's you should be aight.

WTF are you talking about? If you believe this then you suck and haven't played anyone with any skill. Someone mashing buttons in Soul Caliber, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter would stand a better chance of pulling off some combos and winning than doing the same in Street Fighters! Just try it. If Street Fighters take no skill then why can noone I go against beat me? Unlike those games StreetFighters require good jumping abilities and you also must know how to pull off the fireball and other special moves.

Afro Aura
11-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ

WTF are you talking about? If you believe this then you suck and haven't played anyone with any skill. Someone mashing buttons in Soul Caliber, Tekken, or Virtua Fighter would stand a better chance of pulling off some combos and winning than doing the same in Street Fighters! Just try it. If Street Fighters take no skill then why can noone I go against beat me? Unlike those games StreetFighters require good jumping abilities and you also must know how to pull off the fireball and other special moves.
yep I agree and if that was bad enough try doing that in King of the Fighters or Art of Fighting lets see if you could do the same in thoses game too, I'm afraid skill is the word of the moment with this game

Liquid Gears
12-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Ouuuu.........

Now this is an extremely difficult question.........for me :D

Hmm.............hmm....................mm..........rrr.....ahh...

I'm going to say...............hmm....

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO

TheCovenant
12-11-2002, 08:35 PM
i say marvel vs. capcom 2. Anyone that says marvel vs. capcom 2 doesnt take any skill, is in way over there head.

I think Marvel vs. capcom 2, and capcom vs. snk 2eo, both require the same level of skill, and not to mention the insane level of strategy or counter-strategy. Ninja scrooll, iv'e won a few capcom vs. snk, and as soon as that game goes live, i would be honored if I were the first person you played.

As for the rumors on MVC2, i have also heard rumors about that game going live. It was upposed to have a september debut but mysteriously got delayed until march. XBL, anyone? the same thing is happening to other games such as brute force. keep your eyes peeled!

Liquid Gears
12-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
i say marvel vs. capcom 2. Anyone that says marvel vs. capcom 2 doesnt take any skill, is in way over there head.

I think Marvel vs. capcom 2, and capcom vs. snk 2eo, both require the same level of skill, and not to mention the insane level of strategy or counter-strategy. Ninja scrooll, iv'e won a few capcom vs. snk, and as soon as that game goes live, i would be honored if I were the first person you played.

Well said

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is gonna be on XBox Live :confused:

BTW: If you want a challenge Ninja Scroll, I suggest you fight me :cool:

destroydemons
12-12-2002, 10:14 PM
i would go with marvel vs capcom cuz i think marvel is more popular than SNK2...

Shadow20002
12-12-2002, 10:32 PM
My thoughs on Marvel VS Capcom 2
=========================
The only thing you care about is getting power to blast your opponent (even they are blocking, they will take damage, a half amount). Yes, i know you can do a unlimit combos with some characters but this game is just for some furious one.

My thoughs on Capcom VS. SNK 2 EO
==========================
This must be the classic way with mini-power. You must play with your ability, speed, knowledge...

Liquid Gears
12-14-2002, 10:13 PM
I just played both in the arcade yesturday, one after the other just to get an overview on with one is better and I think they are dead on even. They are two completely different types of fighting games. It pretty much depends on what kind of fighting style you like more in fighting games. Are you into the basic/classic Street Fighter Aplha style fighting games or are you into the complete choas with combos and air juggling. Personally I'm both. Also, the grafics are completly different in both games. Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO definitely has some impressive grafics, XBOX will definitely show of its power with lighting effects in this title. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2's grafics aren't as great, they're more blurry then SNK 2's. But both games have great color.

I'm thinking XBOX will do better with Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO than it will Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, just because XBOX will show off its power better with SNK 2 more than the other.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 has the advantage because the amount of characters in it. 56 CHARACTERS!!!!! HOLY SH*T!!

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 12:09 AM
true. marvel vs. capcom two requires you to choose a TEAM. this team is an actual team. you can call either one in at any given moment and double or triple team.

not only that, but you have to choose what your team does when they come in!

that's an insane amount of strategy. You have no idea some of the combos you can do in that game, they are simply incredible.

Capcom doesnt requir skill that is so obvious, and it definatly is NOT a team fighting game. It isnt as fast paced as MVC2, but does require a chilling amount of good timing just to get that 6th or seventh move in the combo.

And if you think that SNkCapcom2eo, requires more skill, i dont think so. on the xbox version at least, there will be an easy mode, a lot like the one seen in marvel vs. capcom 1 for the dreamcast. So some 6 year old kid in tenesse will be doing hyper combo-combo's and chains by simply pressing "right" on the left anolog thumb stick.

Tis' a sad thing, but true. very very true.:(

kev05551
12-22-2002, 10:47 AM
mortal kombat is the best

TheCovenant
12-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
My thoughs on Marvel VS Capcom 2
=========================
The only thing you care about is getting power to blast your opponent (even they are blocking, they will take damage, a half amount). Yes, i know you can do a unlimit combos with some characters but this game is just for some furious one.

My thoughs on Capcom VS. SNK 2 EO
==========================
This must be the classic way with mini-power. You must play with your ability, speed, knowledge...

i hate you.

Liquid Gears
12-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by kev05551

No, actually it's sh*t. Deadly Alliance is the worst MK game I've ever played. You're a moron :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 10:09 PM

you must have ed boon with a gun to your head.

SIMMER DOWN ED! SIMMER DOWN!

j/k

TheCovenant
12-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

No, actually it's sh*t. Deadly Alliance is the worst MK game I've ever played. You're a moron :rolleyes:

what's with the flamming? calm down, if he thinks deadly alliance is the greatest game ever, he has a right to think that. no need to flame him cause of it....

The Jackal
01-17-2003, 01:53 AM
both awesome but im a sucker for the super high jumps, huge air combos, and the more cartoony like look.... and plus was obsessed for Marvel vs. Capcom one for the longest time so i gotta say Marvel vs. Capcom

Cloud Strife
01-17-2003, 07:20 AM
I re-played Capcom vs. SNK and MArvel vs. Capcom on Dreamcast and I still give the edge to Capcom vs. SNK. I like Mrvel vs. Capcom but I still have one problem, I can't seem to figure out who the best team of fighters for me. There is no definate character I use like Ryu and Terry from Capcom vs. SNK.

Cloud Strife
01-24-2003, 07:05 PM
I hate to say this but I may be buying the Gamecube or Playstation 2 version of Capcom vs. SNK 2. My Xbox is making my hair turn gray right now and I already have enough of them. My games seem to take several tries to work while my GC and Playstation 2 games never give me trouble. I'm starting to question Microsoft's quality on making videogame systems.

kev05551
01-24-2003, 08:48 PM
dedaly allience is ****,its the worst mortal kombat game i've ever played. You're a moron youre a mother ****in ***** shut the **** up before i kick youre ass

The Jackal
01-25-2003, 01:00 AM
youre a mother ****in ***** shut the **** up before i kick youre ass

lol you go and you kick his ass over the internet... oh and by the way, i second that mortal combat blows ;) ... dont i dont wanna offend you man, your threats over the internet scare me :rolleyes: please dont hurt me ;)

RudedogX
01-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Wow, what started out as a good thread turned into a flame war. Gotta love how that happens. As for the topic's two choices...I never played the first Capcom vs SNK, but I'm still getting the second one since it has live compatibility. I may still pick up Marvel vs Capcom simply for the fact that I used to play that all the time in the arcades and loved using Wolvy and trying out new characters that I hadn't used before.

Oh and as for MKDA, I don't think that game is nearly one of the better versions, though it was an interesting attempt. Hopefully if they decide to make a new one, they'll take better care with how they design it.

The Jackal
01-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Wow, what started out as a good thread turned into a flame war. Gotta love how that happens. As for the topic's two choices...I never played the first Capcom vs SNK, but I'm still getting the second one since it has live compatibility. I may still pick up Marvel vs Capcom simply for the fact that I used to play that all the time in the arcades and loved using Wolvy and trying out new characters that I hadn't used before.

Oh and as for MKDA, I don't think that game is nearly one of the better versions, though it was an interesting attempt. Hopefully if they decide to make a new one, they'll take better care with how they design it.

you havent played capcom vs snk 1 even?... do you mean just on a home console or not at all.. even in the arcades

RudedogX
01-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Not at all. Arcades or home system. Just haven't had time to be in the arcades (let alone find them around here), and just lost interest in the DC after I got the XBox.

The Jackal
01-27-2003, 02:27 PM
oh ok... yeah i havent played it that much... only in the arcade a few times when i was at the mall... but its sweet... if youve played street fighter 3rd strike and you liked it then youll love this

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 08:02 PM
I may just go ahead and purchase Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O for the Gamecube. My GC needs a new game anyways although I want an Xbox Live game.

RuffRyders
01-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Both games are going to be on XBOX LIVE so its going to be a hard decision http://www.capcom.com/xbox.xpml

Cloud Strife
01-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by RuffRyders
Both games are going to be on XBOX LIVE so its going to be a hard decision http://www.capcom.com/xbox.xpml I already have Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast. I may but it when I buy the 50+ games I want.

The Jackal
01-28-2003, 12:39 AM
iiiiiiii dont have gamecube cause it blows ;) ... so im gettin both games as soon as possible, no question

Cloud Strife
01-28-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
iiiiiiii dont have gamecube cause it blows ;) ... so im gettin both games as soon as possible, no question I'd get both games without questions asked if my Xbox would stop giving me DDE and freezing up on me. I even had my system repaired a month ago and it doesn't work too well. Luckily, my GC works very well.

I'll get Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. after I buy Guilty Gear X2 on 2/5. I love the anime in that game.;)

EDIT: I may be able to get the Xbox version of Capcom vs. SNK after all because my Xbox is getting repaired again.

Liquid Gears
01-28-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
iiiiiiii dont have gamecube cause it blows ;) ... so im gettin both games as soon as possible, no question

Same..........oh.....wait..........:D

MagicianB
01-29-2003, 12:28 AM
MvsC2 all the way! Although Xbox needs a good cheap arcade stick so I can play like the arcade. www.shoryuken.com if you wanna see what high level Capcom fighting is like ;) MvsC2 was at my local arcade so I got really into it and is why I'm getting it. SNK is fun but not really my style, not as super 100+ comboey ;) They are totally different styles of fighting games so I think you should rent them both before you buy them if you don't know anything about them. Also here's a cheap deal where I preordered... here (http://www.playcentric.com/games/product.asp?product_id=G%5FO%5FJMAR%2D29003%5F013388290031&shopper_id=HP09RQ3JXJFJ9G1MNET2DSTWPTVBBLFA&artist_id=0&artist_name=) It was only $28 when I first bought it so get it before they raise the price even more! :)

The Jackal
01-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by MagicianB
MvsC2 all the way! Although Xbox needs a good cheap arcade stick so I can play like the arcade. www.shoryuken.com if you wanna see what high level Capcom fighting is like ;) MvsC2 was at my local arcade so I got really into it and is why I'm getting it. SNK is fun but not really my style, not as super 100+ comboey ;) They are totally different styles of fighting games so I think you should rent them both before you buy them if you don't know anything about them. Also here's a cheap deal where I preordered... here (http://www.playcentric.com/games/product.asp?product_id=G%5FO%5FJMAR%2D29003%5F013388290031&shopper_id=HP09RQ3JXJFJ9G1MNET2DSTWPTVBBLFA&artist_id=0&artist_name=) It was only $28 when I first bought it so get it before they raise the price even more! :)

i agree they need an arcade style control for xbox... itd be way better... at shoryuken forums theres a thread i saw awhile ago talkin bout making your own joystick and it had sites to teach you how to build them to

Cloud Strife
01-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Same..........oh.....wait..........:D Gamecube ain't that bad of a system. It has a bunch of nice Capcom exclusives.;)

That is why I play mine once a month and don't care about buying games for it.

The Jackal
01-30-2003, 12:29 AM
yeah they do have some good games but the system wont last.... thats why i dont like it... but you better believe i rented it before to play some ol capcom titles :D

KviK
02-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Here's a easy and fast way to describe.

CvS2 = Halo
MvC2 = Unreal

One is more strategy/slow
The other is pointless/fast

The Jackal
02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by KviK
Here's a easy and fast way to describe.

CvS2 = Halo
MvC2 = Unreal

One is more strategy/slow
The other is pointless/fast

nah i dont agree with that.... just two are even though the same kinda game (fighting) are also completely different in the style intended... neither is pointless its just the gameplay is different... someone may be good at one type and another person much better at the other... all personal preference
MvsC2 is more the new age fighting game with high combos, huge supers, and very fast pace... while CvsS2 is the more traditional fighting style... plainer strikes and combos with much simpler supers