PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Plans Xbox Lounges

Knight
11-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Microsoft Plans Xbox Lounges
Reported By Dennis Day

Microsoft has confirmed plans to extend its promotional store campaign to North America by opening 11 Xbox Lounge locations at Vans Skateparks. Xbox Lounges will feature Xbox video game systems in modular home theater settings complete with RCA flat-screen televisions so Vans Skatepark visitors can enjoy the hottest games on the best audio and video setups while relaxing on comfy couches.

Beginning later this week, the first 100 visitors to each Xbox Lounge grand opening will receive an Xbox-Vans gift bag, which includes giveaways from Xbox, Xbox Live and Vans, and game strategy guides from Prima Publishing. Visitors will receive "buy 2, get 1 free" Xbox game mail-in offer coupons while supplies last. In nine of the Xbox Lounges, visitors will be able to play against other gamers around the country via the Xbox Live service, the first comprehensive, online game arena fully dedicated to fast-action broadband gaming experiences.

"Xbox Lounges are the perfect places to play the hottest new Xbox games, taking on the best Xbox gamers in each area in the comfort of a hip lounge setting," said Bill Nielsen, director of Xbox brand marketing at Microsoft. "Vans continues to be a great promotional partner for Xbox, and it has been with us since the launch of the console, so the skateparks are great venues to extend the Xbox experience."

These Vans Skatepark are hosting Xbox Lounges:

Festival Bay at International Drive, Orlando, Fla.
Potomac Mills,** Woodbridge, Va. (Washington, D.C.)
The Block at Orange, Orange, Calif.
Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, N.J. (Philadelphia)
Metrocenter Mall, Phoenix
Fountain Walk, Novi, Mich. (Detroit)
Westminster Promenade, Westminster, Colo. (Denver)
The Mall of Georgia, Buford, Ga. (Atlanta)
Great Mall of the Bay Area, Milpitas, Calif. (San Jose)
Marque Entertainment Center, Houston
Ontario Mills, Ontario, Calif.

http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/9258/

VeNoMiZA
11-24-2002, 07:37 PM
yea i saw this at xbox.com looks preety cool toobad they dont got one in miami :(

GreenFireX
11-25-2002, 01:51 AM
that is great but what about the non-skater xbox consumer.

Casper
11-25-2002, 07:33 AM
Ya know what I love, is that Faceoff508 (?) was chased off of here because he used to do stuff just like this.

Man, if you're gonna constantly post other people's stuff, why not at least comment on them? Or, email it to the staff so that they can put it on the front page.

Dre
11-25-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by casper
Ya know what I love, is that Faceoff508 (?) was chased off of here because he used to do stuff just like this.

Ya, where is that guy? We used to find everything out from him.

I see that they ain't opening any of these up in Canada. Hmm... maybe a business opportunity? I'd love to open a gaming lounge (which serves booze) once I graduate.. I just don't have the $ to get started.

Casper
11-25-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Ya, where is that guy? We used to find everything out from him.

He's actually on a news staff for a different site now. :(

Can't remember which one, but I will find out and will let you know.

Knight
11-25-2002, 11:37 AM
When are they going to open one near me?

And VeNoMiZA where on xbox.com was it?

Heatwave
11-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Instead why don't they throw money at the game developers and put presssure on them to make better games. Now that would help sell more consoles and games. 1 in 25 games utilize SOME of the X-box's power. This would make more sense to me. All this money into developing a new console, but no one uses the power now! GAMERS lets vote for good games! The games are what count. Enough with the graphics, they are very good now.

Lets take a poll. What do gamers want?

Better graphics, but far fewer games?

OR

More games, same graphics, but using the full potential xb power with most of the games?

Zen
11-28-2002, 01:36 PM
When i seen the title to this thread i thought maybe you were tlaking about online lounges... like a lobby where you could talk smack and challenge people to games in.

i wish Xbox would enable sumthing like that. a place to converge before and after games... and everyone can chat and type if its getting to loud and so on

Professor Kaos
11-28-2002, 02:37 PM
i wish they would make somtin like a PC Cafe or whatever it is called where they are on thier own server and play eachother in Halo on a HUGE lan.

Whisper
11-28-2002, 07:30 PM
haha wish one would open near me

l Maximus l
11-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Or you could always go to Redmond, WA to the Microsoft Headquarters and play on 50" Plasma TVs, too :D

EHWfedPres
11-30-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Or you could always go to Redmond, WA to the Microsoft Headquarters and play on 50" Plasma TVs, too :D

Stop it please, stop it! I live in North-East PA, a dirty place thats infested with far too many old people and scumbags...i dont see an Xbox lounge coming around here any time soon...:(

Cloud Strife
11-30-2002, 05:56 PM
I knew there would be none where I live.:mad: I guess I'll have to make a roadtrip to one.;)