PDA

View Full Version : Show off your Steel Batallion setup!

Piccolo_DBz
11-24-2002, 07:53 PM
http://home.stx.rr.com/piccsfiles/SB06.jpg

Here's mine :cool:

PapaSKooT
11-24-2002, 07:55 PM
i dont have it.. how do you like it?

Piccolo_DBz
11-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm enjoying it.:)

Dre
11-24-2002, 09:28 PM
That looks sweet! I hope one of my friends buys this so I can borrow it after! hehehe

Variation-XBA
11-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Dare you to tape your eject button lid down ;) hehe

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Wow, that controller looks so sweet!!! I hopeing i can find SB before they sell out...

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Nice, ... but yo, da controls are bigger than your TV!:eek:

lol,..hey, where did you get your SB from? From a gaming site or da mall? Either way, how much does this huge ass thing weigh?:confused: Can one human carry it, or do you need super powers!?:o

FuNkY mOnK
11-25-2002, 09:45 AM
I did'nt know mechs had carpets and love seats in them? i think you'll need a stronger table.:)

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I did'nt know mechs had carpets and love seats in them? i think you'll need a stronger table.:)

I think he eats off dat table Funky Monk!:confused:

OppiumNitrates
11-25-2002, 10:55 AM
Looks sweet but aside form the 40 button monster how is the gameplay of SB. . . .
gameplay. . .
game speed. . .
realism. . .
effects. . .

is it something worth getting or did they put so much time into the controller that they forgot about gameplay and making you want to sit there and finish the missions. . . .

Also is there an eject warning or do you just have to know when to go? in other words do big red letters flash "EJECT" before your mech blows?

DZNUTZ
11-25-2002, 01:28 PM
yea..i don't got enuff room to buy SB.
it would just take up way to much space.

and no it doesn't tell u to eject..at least not from what i saw from some kat playing it at my local eb.

btw ..papa...once again....CHANGE YOUR ******* SIG U WANNABE

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

btw ..papa...once again....CHANGE YOUR ******* SIG U WANNABE

Sorry to break it to ya Dizzy, but there are more peeps on XBL called D12 besides yourself.

Anywho, where da hell is dis Piccolo kid at?:confused: We got like 20 question in his thread and he aint no where to be found,.. unless he's at home on a SB all day, all night addicting marathon!:eek:

Poor kid probably thinks he's controlling a real life Mech now!:o

MerimacHamwich
11-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Heh, that is cool. I never thought about it like that. Controlling a real life mech. I suppose it would really give you that feeling wouldn't it. I might consider buying this in a couple years when it is affordable.

OppiumNitrates
11-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Heh, that is cool. I never thought about it like that. Controlling a real life mech. I suppose it would really give you that feeling wouldn't it. I might consider buying this in a couple years when it is affordable.

I think I read on here someone was goign to buy this title, and set up their Huge TV and 5.1 Dobly Digital setup in his walkin closet so you really get the feeling of being cramped in a Mech like machine. . . . nice touch, but a little over board for me.

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 02:16 PM

LOL, good luck waiting for this thing to drop in price. As far as I know Capcom only shipped a limited amount of these for it's first run. I highly doubt a price drop would ever come. I think Capcom would just discontinue the game if sales started to look weak.

I'd love to try one of these out myself,.. but im not a Mech fan. I wonder if Capcom would ever come out with an authentic Fighter Joystick again. I'd might get that for Capcom V.s SNK 2EO if i twas affordable.:cool:

DZNUTZ
11-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Sorry to break it to ya Dizzy, but there are more peeps on XBL called D12 besides yourself.

really..well i heaven't ran into em.
and if i did..i'd challenge em for the name.
thats how it should work.

and besides getting into all dat...we are XBA's Dirty doz.
are their other xba dirty dozens that i don't know about?

well i can tell ya one thing..papa aint in our crew..kinda like you...so hes got now bizness sprting that sig.

GokuX
11-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

I think I read on here someone was goign to buy this title, and set up their Huge TV and 5.1 Dobly Digital setup in his walkin closet so you really get the feeling of being cramped in a Mech like machine. . . . nice touch, but a little over board for me.

Ugh you're right, that's just going waaaaay too far. Think about the heat. First take into account that it's winter and you already have the heat in the house on. Then add a 5.1 reciever, a huge tv, Xbox, and a human or two.

Headlines would read: "Man found dead of heat exhaustion, hunched over video game controller in closet."

MerimacHamwich
11-25-2002, 02:51 PM

LOL, good luck waiting for this thing to drop in price. As far as I know Capcom only shipped a limited amount of these for it's first run. I highly doubt a price drop would ever come. I think Capcom would just discontinue the game if sales started to look weak.

I'd love to try one of these out myself,.. but im not a Mech fan. I wonder if Capcom would ever come out with an authentic Fighter Joystick again. I'd might get that for Capcom V.s SNK 2EO if i twas affordable.:cool:

It would probably end up being 200$ too. That is just ridiculously expensive. I cannot see spending that much money on one game.

Ninja Scroll
11-25-2002, 03:02 PM

well i can tell ya one thing..papa aint in our crew..kinda like you...so hes got now bizness sprting that sig.

You still hatin cause I dropped y'all bums? It will be aight Dizzy, you still are in my Official Ninja Scroll Fanclub!

btw, you squad namw aint original. Dont be surprised slapnut! :rolleyes:

It would probably end up being 200$ too. That is just ridiculously expensive. I cannot see spending that much money on one game.

Same here yo! I make pretty damn good cheese, but I aint droppin it on this thing. But I aint knockin Piccolo though. Im happy for him!:)

DZNUTZ
11-25-2002, 05:05 PM
NO Fricken chit DIRTY DOZEN ISN'T ORIGINAL.

NEWSFLASH NINJA ..it wasn't original when eminem named his group d12 either:eek:

but u still ryding his fricken jock u starstruck wannabe.

its aight tho....i can sense the bitterness from your posts after being dropped like the ass of a fat ghetto chickenhead in da clubs.

it aint about being original...its about be appropiate in Dz circumstances...and our name is very appropiate

Dre
11-25-2002, 05:07 PM
NO Fricken chit DIRTY DOZEN ISN'T ORIGINAL.

NEWSFLASH NINJA ..it wasn't original when eminem named his group d12 either:eek:

but u still ryding his fricken jock u starstruck wannabe.

its aight tho....i can sense the bitterness from your posts after being dropped like the ass of a fat ghetto chickenhead in da clubs.

it aint about being original...its about be appropiate in Dz circumstances...and our name is very appropiate

Problems? Prozac can help...

1-800-chill-out

Cool Whip
11-25-2002, 05:29 PM
Dirty Dozen is one of the greatest war movies of all time.

Doesn't take rocket science to figure that out...

LynxFX
11-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Hmmmm, I could actually do that right now without too much effort, besides the huge task of cleaning out my closet. :eek: I just would need to get the game but $200 is too much to drop on one game even though I really want it now. I don't know what my landlords would say though if they saw my closet converted into a Mech ****pit.

Tell us more Piccolo_DBz!

Piccolo_DBz
11-25-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

Hmmmm, I could actually do that right now without too much effort, besides the huge task of cleaning out my closet. :eek: I just would need to get the game but $200 is too much to drop on one game even though I really want it now. I don't know what my landlords would say though if they saw my closet converted into a Mech ****pit.

All I'm gonna say if your not into Sims, DON"T buy it.

Nice, ... but yo, da controls are bigger than your TV!:eek:

lol,..hey, where did you get your SB from? From a gaming site or da mall? Either way, how much does this huge ass thing weigh?:confused: Can one human carry it, or do you need super powers!?:o

It's made out of plastic so it's not heavy, If you can carry your xbox, you shouldn't have any problems. And it's not bigger then my tv.

Reclaimer
11-25-2002, 09:03 PM
So I saw the picture and I was wondering....

Why does a mec have a gas, break and clutch pedal?

What do you do with those foot three pedals anyway?

Piccolo_DBz
11-25-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
So I saw the picture and I was wondering....

Why does a mec have a gas, break and clutch pedal?

What do you do with those foot three pedals anyway?

Gas brake and Strafe burst

Reclaimer
11-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz

Gas brake and Strafe burst

Can't shift gears can you. I guess mecs have automatic transmissions. Thanks for the assist.

Piccolo_DBz
11-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Can't shift gears can you. I guess mecs have automatic transmissions. Thanks for the assist.

You do shift but not like a car, You just shift without pushing a clutch to a higher setting to pick up more speed.

Dre
11-25-2002, 09:47 PM

You do shift but not like a car, You just shift without pushing a clutch to a higher setting to pick up more speed.

So its a speed throttle? Nice... man this game sounds so cool. I heard the sequel is going to be on XBL. Wow... I can just imagine hardcore mechfans all over the world going head to head in what could be the grittiest pitting of skills vs skills ever.

y2kash_14
11-26-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Dre

So its a speed throttle? Nice... man this game sounds so cool. I heard the sequel is going to be on XBL. Wow... I can just imagine hardcore mechfans all over the world going head to head in what could be the grittiest pitting of skills vs skills ever.

hehe, with their Save Files on the line :cool:

Bakeman
11-26-2002, 03:21 AM
I don't suppose this game will be out for rent any time soon???

Maybe like 10 bucks for the week.. and like some kind of deposite or something....

I can't just go drop 200 bucks on this.. I would definitly have to know I like the game.. and HOW IN THE HELL ELSE am I gonna play this game without renting it????

yall
11-26-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm gettin this bad boy for xmas. I figured why not let my rents pick up the cost? I won't be getting anything else, thats for sure, but I know I will enjoy this more than socks.

EHWfedPres
11-26-2002, 03:42 PM
I want to play that game so bad, but i dont have 200 bucks to throw around...

Bakeman
11-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by yall
I'm gettin this bad boy for xmas. I figured why not let my rents pick up the cost? I won't be getting anything else, thats for sure, but I know I will enjoy this more than socks.

On one hand we have "Socks"

on the other hand we have "Steel Battalion"

HMMMMM :) LOL

EHWfedPres
11-26-2002, 03:56 PM
i need new socks...

GokuX
11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
i need new socks...

No kidding, I now realize how important they are. As a kid I was too short sighted to understand. Now I'm overjoyed when I can find two socks that look the same and aren't full of holes.

y2kash_14
11-26-2002, 09:38 PM
socks rule:)

l Maximus l
11-26-2002, 09:48 PM
Sweet Pic...but, I don't see too many more of them from other addicts... :D

Unreal
11-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Sweet Pic...but, I don't see too many more of them from other addicts... :D
I dont have a camera to take the picture of my setup. Oh well, maybe I can find a friend that has a camera :)

y2kash_14
11-27-2002, 01:49 AM
so, how many people bought this game, i counted 2 so far

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

It maybe worth it in the long run cause Capcom officially confirmed a Xbox LIVE version of SB!
Whether it's a sequel or an update I have no idea.

btw Piccolo, do you feel you have gotten your moneys worth for this $200.00 game thus far?

Originally posted by Cool Whip
Dirty Dozen is one of the greatest war movies of all time.

Doesn't take rocket science to figure that out...

dat name is played out. Slim Shady made it famous, now you got fools jockin it now.:rolleyes:
And I done already seen about 4 or 5 cliques in GR use it.:rolleyes:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/sleeping.gif

Originally posted by Dre

Problems? Prozac can help...

1-800-chill-out

LOL, no doubt Dre... dat XBA-Rat Snitch needs help!:rolleyes:

Piccolo_DBz
11-27-2002, 02:20 PM

btw Piccolo, do you feel you have gotten your moneys worth for this $200.00 game thus far?

I thought I already answered this question...oh well.....YES it was worth it.

Ninja Scroll
11-27-2002, 02:25 PM

I thought I already answered this question...oh well.....YES it was worth it.

Are you going to invite us XBA'ers over to come test it out to judge for ourselves?

I call shot gun!:D