PDA

View Full Version : Splinter "Slow"??

davidx
11-25-2002, 04:15 AM
Guys (and ladies),

I overheard two idiots discussing Splinter Cell on the bus today. The one dude (who owned an Xbox i guess) was complaining how Splinter Cell was extremely slow-paced. FURTHERMORE, he stated that "the computer is stupid".

Please Xbox peeps, say it ain't so! I'm hyped about picking up the game this weekend. What's the deal? Is the AI bad or sumthin'?

:confused:

Xman

Solid Cell
11-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Mine runs fine. The AI is good.

Marc_01
11-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Yes, the AI isn't perfect, but they are pretty good. With-in 15-20 ft, they will hit you with every shot. Changing something in their enviroment and they will hear it or notice.

Yes the game is slow paced at times if you want to play it right. You have to scout out the area, learn guard routes so you know when a good oppritunity opens, sometimes take your victums to dark places that isn't near by, etc.. etc..

This is a awesome game man, I could go on and on about it.

Kortiz
11-25-2002, 09:11 AM
well......Slow? no. at first, yes but later on you become more relaxed with the controls and that helps the speed of the game.

and if you want to race through a game and beat it just to beat it? then i suggest you quit playing videogames all together. I know i have gone back to old saves trying to conserver bullets and find what is all around, secret places with stuff that maybe useful to me and all that.......and...to be honest, IT IS A STEALTH GAME YO! you have to be quiet, and that is going to take time. any sudden movement can get an alarm pulled or you may have to kill a civilian.....

the AI.....well......there are some spots where i would figure, WHY DOESNT THIS FOO SEE ME!?!?!? but, it is a stealth game.....and what we see, may be to help us in the game, while if it was RL, they prob couldnt see me. that is how i rationalize it.

still on the 3rd level, and have about 13 hours on the game already.

FuNkY mOnK
11-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Well, you wont know until you play it and give it a chance. there are two games this year that might win the game of the year award Splinter Cell or Metroid Prime, that tells you something.

Slacker
11-27-2002, 11:32 AM
it's slow and hard the way a good stealth game should be, if you want to get through it faster , get the guide, although it's more fun through trial and error IMO.

EHWfedPres
11-27-2002, 12:20 PM
You should have told that guy that its a fuking stealth game, you can run thru it like a maniac and Quantum Redshift speed...