PDA

View Full Version : American McGee announces Oz!

Dre
11-25-2002, 07:54 AM
front page of XBA:

American McGee puts his signature touch on another classic children’s tale. This time the Lands of Oz are visited in a prequel adventure to the original books that will take you on a colorful journey through a unique world filled with dozens of interesting characters and stories.

"Oz offers a diverse world and large range of characters to explore and meet." said American from his Hollywood design studio, "I’m really excited to be working with such rich material and amazing technology." Oz is being produced for the Microsoft Xbox and PC and is scheduled for release some time in 2004. The Oz soundtrack is being produced by Media Ventures. A line of Oz toys will be hitting store shelves soon. A book and film deal are to be announced.

--------------------------------------

I played American McGee's Alice and it was one of the coolest and most original games I'd ever played. I hope that Oz follows in Alice's footsteps with crazy twisted levels and characters. Looking forward to hearing more about this game as we go along..

Variation-XBA
11-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Sweet, cant wait...

wonder what story is after this one :)

DZNUTZ
11-25-2002, 12:03 PM
to bad its not the oz from hbo.

RudedogX
11-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
to bad its not the oz from hbo.
From the screenshots at G ayspot, the game looks more like that stupid sequel the WIZ than OZ!

DaturaX
11-25-2002, 01:24 PM
I played American McGee's Alice and it was one of the coolest and most original games I'd ever played.

So did I and I loved it from start to finish.I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Master Gracey
11-25-2002, 01:36 PM
I thought Alice had an amazing story (one of the best of any video game ever made), but the gameplay just couldn't live up to it. Hopefully they'll do something other than the strict platform jumper formula on his next game. I'm not a big fan of platformers...

The Alice movie should be incredible though... :D

MerimacHamwich
11-25-2002, 01:44 PM
In art class in grade nine my teacher showed us a Russian "interpretive" artists version of Alice in wonderland. Needless to say it say messed up! I don't know if the movie coming with the game will be as bad.

Snoopy7548
11-25-2002, 01:59 PM
is american mcgees alice good? i downloaded it, but only played it for like 10 minutes.

Bigwig
11-25-2002, 03:32 PM
I was hopeing for HBO Oz

Dre
11-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
is american mcgees alice good? i downloaded it, but only played it for like 10 minutes.

Ya.. its not at all like the Alice in Wonderland story. Its got the characters in it... but they're all twisted and demented. The whole thing is actually quite well written.. I won't spoil the ending for you, but I will say it was one of the coolest endings in a game I've played so far!

Master Gracey: I agree... even though I really enjoyed Alice, I hope they incorporate new game elements into Oz.

Snoopy7548
11-25-2002, 04:47 PM
yea. the movie was pretty twisted too. lol

DIGITAL
11-27-2002, 11:57 AM
i wish they would release alice onto the xbox!