PDA

View Full Version : XBOX modding

mulamutti
11-25-2002, 08:22 AM
Hi...I've looked around the internet...and seen a lotta people modding their xboxes. There seem to be a lotta benefits..getting burnt games for like 8 bucks a game, etc.
I know you can't play xbox live.. but I don't care for that...cuz I don't have the money to afford it anyways.
But what other problems could arise from the xbox? I have seen all the pros...I want to know the cons of modding your xbox?

THanks.

Spaztic
11-25-2002, 08:30 AM
you can ruin your xbox if you don't know how to sodier on a chip properly.

otherwise modding kicks ass

Dre
11-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by mulamutti
I want to know the cons of modding your xbox?

Well, if you're going to use it in ways you mentioned, how about completely ripping off the developers you cheapass? I'm going to start working in the software industry in a couple of months, I don't want jerks like you making me struggle to keep my job cuz they're too fukin cheap to pay the price for what they're getting.

If you want to mod your Xbox, look into all the other cool stuff you can do with it, but ripping off games shouldn't be one of em.

Casper
11-25-2002, 08:34 AM
There seem to be a lotta benefits..getting burnt games for like 8 bucks a game, etc.

This is not really a benefit, but more of a possible plague. Remember Dreamcast? Thanks, now sit down.

But as for the rest of the stuff, there are other benefits besides screwing the company that is making us the best console out there. With certain ones, you are able to play PAL games that are made in Europe or Japan.

Some bad things, well, if enough people do it, and do it for the reason that you are stating, then Microsoft can:

a) Raise the cost of games to compensate for the piracy that kills their profits.

b) Lose deals with certain game developers that want to stay exclusive but can't, due to lost profits (see A)

c) You could mess up while installing the mod chip, thus leaving your Xbox to become a useless, but very bulky, paperweight.

Some others will chime in on this, but that's just my $.02.

mulamutti
11-25-2002, 08:53 AM
Honestly I don't give a rat's ass about Microsoft or their profits. I am more concerned if anything could happen to my xbox like not being able to played burnt games in the future..or it somehow screwing up my xbox.

Casper
11-25-2002, 09:00 AM
Honestly I don't give a rat's ass about Microsoft or their profits. I am more concerned if anything could happen to my xbox like not being able to played burnt games in the future..or it somehow screwing up my xbox.

Well, since you don't give a rat's ass about M$ and being that they made the product, then why try and support them? Ooohhhh, that's right, you're not trying to support them, but rather screw them over so that we have to pay $70/game...that's right, you're a moron...good day sir.

darianX
11-25-2002, 09:04 AM

If you don't give a rats ass about MS and profits, then you shouldn't give a rats ass about modding their console. Have fun playing tux racer under Linux when jackasses like you kill the Xbox and no developers make games for it. Also, if you're so concerned about "something happening to your Xbox", DON'T SCREW WITH IT. Boy, it must be nice to live at home and waste $200 of Daddy and Mommy's money......

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-25-2002, 09:15 AM
Got Mod..then no xbox live.....a bad soldering job can kill your xbox..plus according to the hacker sites some of the burnt games are larger than the 4.7 gig dvd can hold....there is nothing worst than playing a game with stuff like movies and music ripped out of it...I'm not the biggest microsoft fan out there either, but they did give is the xbox...and you got to throw them some profit. Dude, 8 bucks for a burnt game is way too much......you would do better renting......my two cents:D

FuNkY mOnK
11-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey! Moderators please in the future delete these type of threads, it’s against anything that pertains to MS doing and quite frankly it’s pathetic. Listen up, he who advocates piracy is a blood sucking leech, if you don’t have the money to buy it legally, tuff sh it get a job looser.

mother
11-25-2002, 11:18 AM
ive modded my box so screw all of you all who hate people who mod theirs.

i dont rip games or burn them, but i do use emulators- and i must say modding your xbox is a great thing and its not very hard. i know that most people are modding there boxes to be able to burn games. but unfortunatley its not that easy. you cant just hook up a mod and go to work, theres a bit more to it than that. any way if anyone would like to take the next step and mod their box, and you arent anygood at soddering or stuff like that, then look up a mod called evolution X. its 50 bucks and theirs no soddering needed, your chip is like a piggie back ship that fits contacts between the bios. nice and easy. now you can change the start up and even take that annoying blob out of the startup. right now im playing final fantasy 3, ikari warriors, faxanadu, and bubblebobble on xbox lol. i love my box.

mother.

and oh yeah if your gonna burn games dont, it only makes it more expensive for all of us iin the long run.

but emulate away!!!!!!!

carlbme
11-25-2002, 11:35 AM
I have no problem with modding a box.

However, I do have a problem with people modding a box to get free games. People like you who helped Sega make the move over to a software firm and helping kill of the Dreamcast. I sure don't want the same thing to happen with my Xbox so move along you will find no sort of information you want here.

Don't bother bringing your cheap ass self back here again either please.

LynxFX
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Talking about mod chips so you can run 3rd party apps, add bigger hard drives and enable features like progressive scan is ok.

Talking about mod chips so you can rip off the game developers and Microsoft is not ok. :mad:

Na na naa naaaa, Na na naa naaaa, Hey heeeey, Good Bye! Thread Closed.