PDA

View Full Version : Zelda really is a good game for the N64 but it can be better if it was on XBOX

SoccerCJM77
11-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Is there a game like the Zelda game for N64 that they are making for Xbox. I really enjoy that game and I hated it for leaving Xbox.
I like how you can roam around on a horse in a open field and do all types of events. I like how you free epona from the mean horse trainer guy. This is the only real game my mom let me play because it wasn't like shooting people and stuff, you actually have to think what you are doing. I like the levels and I like how nintendo made it come to life. I really hope sometime soon this year nintendo will think about making the game for Xbox but not cell shaded graphics. I really hope Micosoft will think about hiring a company or do something to make a game as good as Zelda.
I like the LOTR game but when you beat the game the game is over, and you really can't roam around like ZELDA. ZELDA is a great game and I don't want anyone to say it is a bad game, because I like it and I'm a fan;)

SlightlySycho
11-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Fable should be similar . . . but it won't be out until at least next year.

Morrowind is another RPG, but not really an action-RPG like Legend of Zelda.

Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat might be a good substitute, but it really isn't that good of a game.

Black_Tek
11-26-2002, 04:49 PM
well, yeah....I enjoyed Zelda 64 back in 1997.....its a pretty nice game...But now its the G.A.O.K.I.R " Gamming Age Of Keeping It Real ".....You Have to be strong to roam all around through dungeons and waste lands....Like Morrowind, you have to work hard getting your level up to tangle the evil and saving a lot of people....But still, Zelda 64 is the grand mother of the games..... But now, I shall imiditate like a spider and wait till the time tells...... Keep it Real Bro...peace:cool:

Splinter Cell
11-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Zelda on 64 was a pretty sweet game, but I believe that Microsoft should try and make an rpg or something, because Xbox doesn't have too many of them.

Black_Tek
11-27-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Splinter Cell
Zelda on 64 was a pretty sweet game, but I believe that Microsoft should try and make an rpg or something, because Xbox doesn't have too many of them.
I agree on that strongly...and I hope from the designers to take advantge of Xbox abilities extremly far to let the other fans of the other systems know that Xbox is a lethal weapon....its not a normal counsol but it's a peice of art......:cool:

SoccerCJM77
11-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah I do hope that they will make some RPG game's for xbox.
I hope they make some good RPG games for Xbox real soon because I really enjoyed the Zelda games.;)

Nameless
11-27-2002, 05:46 PM
I really enjoy that game and I hated it for leaving Xbox.

Unless I'm HIGHLY mistaken, Zelda was never on the Xbox :).

SoccerCJM77
11-29-2002, 07:32 AM
WEll I wish it will come to Xbox very soon

SoccerCJM77
12-02-2002, 03:38 PM
So Morrowmind is like Zelda where you can ride around horses and do stuff like that, and adventure around

ibeathalo
12-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Sorry but there is NO way Nintendo is going third-party yet(but they are talking about it).:)

SoccerCJM77
12-03-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ibeathalo
Sorry but there is NO way Nintendo is going third-party yet(but they are talking about it).:)

I hope nintendo goes third party and seriously they are talking about going third party. I hope so:)

EHWfedPres
12-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Zelda was good on gameboy, where it should have stayed.

SoccerCJM77
12-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Why should it have stayed on gameboy. Gameboy dosen't have great graphics and it can't hold as much data then the Xbox. So why dosen't ZELDA come over to Microsoft

EHWfedPres
12-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77
Why should it have stayed on gameboy. Gameboy dosen't have great graphics and it can't hold as much data then the Xbox. So why dosen't ZELDA come over to Microsoft

because games like zelda and mario are not good in 3d IMO.

TheCovenant
12-16-2002, 07:09 PM
zelda to xbox? hahahah. i dont think so. wishfull thinking, and i must say i wouldnt mind zelda coming to xbox eithr.......but lets face it. it isnt.

Koopa
12-17-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

because games like zelda and mario are not good in 3d IMO.

:eek: WHAT?!

isn't ocarina like the best game of all time ever? ...but apparently windwaker is looking to get that title...

but uh yeah i dont see any problem with the switch to 3d...just as an example, ifyou ever played mario sunshine, those crazy old school platforming levels are great...like classic mario but in 3d. Quite possibly my favorite part of that game:D

TheCovenant
12-17-2002, 05:25 PM
how did this go into mario?

anyway, i say 3d rpg's welcome, i dont think the gameplay changes much from 2d zelda to 3d...............

in fact, with z targeting i think it got BETTER!:o

SoccerCJM77
01-02-2003, 11:49 AM
I think Zelda on 3d is the greatest. Have you played Zelda on Nintendo 64. It is a great game

TheCovenant
01-02-2003, 07:00 PM
I think Zelda on 3d is the greatest. Have you played Zelda on Nintendo 64. It is a great game

how the hell did you find this thread? it's like a million years old!

tenchi
01-03-2003, 12:10 PM
i think that the greatest zelda was ocarina of time i have only palyed a handful but the targeting was cooland the evasive moves were to majoras mask in my opinoin was garbage and i hated it although i played it and beat it it still sucked.

Nameless
01-12-2003, 06:41 PM

Because it is made by Nintendo :rolleyes:.

tenchi
01-12-2003, 09:55 PM
i say we buy them like we bought rare its the only way to show them who is the console.

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Not really. I never cared for Zelda despite be being a big RPG fan. I'd let Nintendo keep the game.

EHWfedPres
01-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

:eek: WHAT?!

isn't ocarina like the best game of all time ever? ...but apparently windwaker is looking to get that title...

Thats your opinion. There is no such thing as the best game, because everyone has a different opinion...but it seems like you dont understand that.

Zelda sucks IMO. :)

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 11:52 AM

Thats your opinion. There is no such thing as the best game, because everyone has a different opinion...but it seems like you dont understand that.

Zelda sucks IMO. :) I agree.:)

Qbas
01-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by tenchi
i say we buy them like we bought rare its the only way to show them who is the console.
If you are refering MS buying Nintendo it isn't possible as they allready tried to buy Nintendo and the refused ;)

Cloud Strife
01-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Qbas

If you are refering MS buying Nintendo it isn't possible as they allready tried to buy Nintendo and the refused ;) It was because Nintendo's old president refused it. Luckily he's gone because he was screwing up Nintendo.

SoccerCJM77
01-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Well MS better buy MS because there RPG's are good and why can't MS buy just like one game from them or something. ZELDA is the coolest game I think and I don't care if anyone has anything against it

tenchi
01-15-2003, 06:04 PM
I love zelda and you are intitled to say it sucks but that is an opinion that is extremely out numbered. It is the best game for nintendo consoles accept maybe mario 64 that was just bada$$.

Cloud Strife
01-19-2003, 09:33 AM
I love zelda and you are intitled to say it sucks but that is an opinion that is extremely out numbered. It is the best game for nintendo consoles accept maybe mario 64 that was just bada$$. I know several people that don't like Zelda, dude.

tenchi
01-19-2003, 01:39 PM
wow cause there are so many that dont.

SoccerCJM77
01-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't get why you don't like Zelda it is the best game ever you can do anything you want and you get to fight things go to stores and make things happen. WHY do you hate ZELDA

Arrix
01-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Are you stupid or something? People have their own opinions. Some people like Zelda & some people don't like Zelda. Like EHWfedPres said.

Nameless
01-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Well MS better buy MS because there RPG's are good and why can't MS buy just like one game from them or something. ZELDA is the coolest game I think and I don't care if anyone has anything against it

Why in the world would Nintendo sell the Zelda license? The Zelda license is one of their biggest money makers. Not to mention that no one could make a Zelda game as good as Nintendo does.

I fail to see why Microsoft wants to buy out everything to do with gaming in site. I also don't see why so many think its a good idea. Think about it this way, competiton is always good, I'll use the WWE as an example here. Remeber how good wrestling was to watch when WCW was around? Thats because it forced both the shows into a weekly game of oneupsmanship, now that WCW is dead look how shi†ty the WWE has got this past year and a half.

The same will happen to gaming, if Microsoft does indeed buy out the major players in this game we'll have only one system with all developers making games on it. Sounds good? Well yea maybe now but why would they feel the need to make good games? There'll be no competiton so they are free to make crap to mediocre games, and ppl will buy em cos the only other alternative would be PC, but keeping a PC up to date is hard work and requires more money.

This is just what I think and thought that I should share it seeing as how not many people are thinking of the CONS of this idea or the PROS.

EHWfedPres
01-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
look how shi†ty the WWE has got this past year and a half.

Haha, they were never any good to begin with. I'll stick to NWA-TNA and my japanese tapes, and CZW of course. :D

Nameless
01-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Thanks again EHW whatever the hell you are, for once more not posting anything useful.

EHWfedPres
01-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Nameless
Thanks again EHW whatever the hell you are, for once more not posting anything useful.

And oh boy, we were in desperate need of that reply. :rolleyes:

Im allowed to state my opinion, so if you dont like it, then dont read my posts. :)

Cloud Strife
01-21-2003, 01:19 PM
And oh boy, we were in desperate need of that reply. :rolleyes:

Im allowed to state my opinion, so if you dont like it, then dont read my posts. :) That's exactly right. I actually love to hear your opinions.;)

tenchi
01-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Please dont encourage that jerk he is obnoxios and rude and is always in a rush to criticize and insult people.

EHWfedPres
01-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Please dont encourage that jerk he is obnoxios and rude and is always in a rush to criticize and insult people.

Dont talk to Nameless like that...thats not nice.

Nameless
01-25-2003, 05:27 PM

Are you talking about me?

Morrowing Lord
01-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Yea Zelda is an awsome game.Thats what really made it hard for me to make the swicth to XBOX from Nentindo was the fact that I would be lossing that game :( .But when i herd the rumor that Nentindo was gona go the way Sega went ,just making games,I was excited cause i had a feeling XBOX had a greater chance of landing that title ,other than the ps2.But then I read in game informer that they wernt leavin the consol buisness and my hopes and dreams were shot down.

frog11983
01-25-2003, 09:02 PM
actually, didn't nintendo just annouce that they will be making another console to match Xbox 2 and PS3?

Nameless
01-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Yes, yes they did.
Morrow Lord why not just buy a GC? Theres no rule that says you can't have both.

Morrowing Lord
01-26-2003, 11:13 AM
i would but i dont see a point in getting a game cube just for one game..i might get resident evil zero but...besides the new zelda they made for gamecube looks to kiddy for me.remember way back before gamecube came out they were thinking of calling it Nintendo Dolphin.they put out pics of the original zelda before they changed it to what it is now and it looked badass there was great detail in link and gannon but then for some reason they changed the whole game to what it is now.im not putting it down because i havent played it yet im just sayin i would have got it if they kept it the way it was.

Morrowing Lord
01-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Nintendo was talking about going third party but i read in gameinformer that there not.

wbio
01-26-2003, 12:03 PM
I really didn't get hooked on Zelda when it came out for N64, might be because I didn't get to finish it. I traded my friend Gex for Zelda, and he didn't like Gex much so we traded back.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
well, we who like zelda, are backed up by every form of gaming media, everywhere. that is what we mean when we say "isnt it like the best game ever?". in gaming history, yes zelda can go down as one of the best games ever, along with halo.

if you dont like zelda, fine. don't know why, but fine. We arent the ones who are missing out......so i dont think we should argue with those who are.....

and as for arrix, did you sign on here merely to agree with ehwfedpres? cause i havent seen you do ohterwise....

Arrix
02-03-2003, 08:09 PM
If I wish to state my opinion and my opinion is the same or close to someone esle's and I acknowledge that . In most posts that i have read of his, he makes a valid point and i agree with it, is that a problem with you? Don't know why you are so concerned about this.

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Arrix
If I wish to state my opinion and my opinion is the same or close to someone esle's and I acknowledge that . In most posts that i have read of his, he makes a valid point and i agree with it, is that a problem with you? Don't know why you are so concerned about this.

you have a right to any opinion you wish to make........just making the point that, ihave never seen you disagree with him, bringing up the validated assumption that......you signed on here merely to agree with him. If not, then it's just an eerie coincidence.

never seen you post in a thread that he hasnt posted in either.

again, just a coincidence i noticed.................

Arrix
02-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Well, I dont post that much and post only if feel the need to post. So it may just be a coincidence. I also dont only post in the same posts he posted in if you check. :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
02-03-2003, 08:24 PM
well it's not like i go around looking for you or him specifically. just everytime i see an entire thread arguing against ehwfedpres, you always seem to pop up out of nowhere and back him up........

maybe it's just in the rpg forums.......i havent checked everywhere or claim that i have valid research on my claim. just something i observed from the threads i have been too.....:)