PDA

View Full Version : I have a big problem, My xbox died

beef747
11-18-2001, 08:37 PM
I tried to go to the ign forums for help about this except their "help" was not needed. The last thing i wanna here in my situation now is that im a fan boy and have my topic closed.

I was playing Halo today and my TV screen flashed, went black and my xbox light faded. Then I checked to see if it had overheated: I felt it and it wasn't hot nor did it smell like it had been toasted, only like new parts. The box I recieved the system in had dents on the corners as if it had been dropped or smashed of some sort. What should I do?

Please, before you post. Don't call me a fanboy or flame me becuase I just recieved a plethora of it from Ign and really it doesnt help me any. Thank you!

Coll
11-18-2001, 08:54 PM
Here's a couple of options for ya- first, with your receipt you may be able to exchange for a new one. I was out at the mall today and was amazed at how many were still available.

Second, you may wish to contact the company itself. Another site had a couple of people experiencing problems not only with the game portion, but also the dvd. Those people were told to return the box to the manufactor and expect a return approx. 2wks.

Let us know how you make out - Good Luck!

beef747
11-18-2001, 09:04 PM
BTW, I played the system for around 6-7 hours straight. Appearantly other people have played longer and had no problems.

batman46st
11-18-2001, 09:13 PM
man i would had kicked the dude who sold it to me his ass.:(

good luckman get yourself a betta xbox

Hugh_Jass
11-18-2001, 09:38 PM
It sounds like a bad power supply. Good thing there is a 90 day warranty!

beef747
11-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Should i take the system back to the store or send it into microsoft?

Im thinking it might be a while before i get a new one if i go with microsoft.

Marc
11-18-2001, 11:21 PM
Definately try to take it back to the store, cause that will be quicker. If that fails, then send it to Microsoft. I hope you're able to exchange it soon. Good luck.

TwizTID
11-18-2001, 11:45 PM
Does ur TV still work?
Try to plug the XBOX into another tv in ur house...if all else fails, take it to the store u got it from and tell the to SHOVE IT! Or just tell it doesn't work, it should be under warranty!
Good luck!!!

scarecrow kfj
11-19-2001, 10:39 AM
Well I have played mine 15 hours a day for the past three..

As far as what to do I would check cords it might be a bad cord. Also try the store you got it from and try to get them to throw in an extra controller for selling you a system that the droped (if that is the case). Good luck and I am sorry to hear that you wont be able to play right away.

l Maximus l
11-19-2001, 10:44 AM
I have played mine all weekend...no problems whatsoever...so, I would go to the store immediately (don't wait too long) and exchange it. Dude, they'll hook you up with a new one. I like Scarecrow's idea...have them throw in an extra controller for their flagrant mishandling of the most precious game system on the planet :D

SquirrelJam
11-19-2001, 11:07 AM
Don't sit here and ask what to do. Go back to the store immediately and get an exchange. You mentioned that there was apparent evidence of damage to the unit. Return it. Are you just gonna sit here all broken hearted, wondering what to do? Exchange it.

Statistically, there will be some failures. Even with a very, very conservative 1% failure rate, that still means that 10,000 units are doomed. Raise that percentage figure to real-world expections and this figure will increase dramatically. I think very few companies can claim a less-than 1% failure rate on any product.

Exchange your unit immediately and odds are, you won't see another problem for the life of your product.

FREDROCK
11-19-2001, 03:57 PM
Take it back to the store you bought it from! This is why I by products from stores and not through the internet! Most EB's and Gamestops have systems they hold back in case there are any defective! I myself bought the warranty from EB! So I'm covered for two years! I did here the original XBOX's that where sent out in the KIOSK's where wired wrong with the power button! So that was the reason some died! This sounds like the same problem! Be glad it's not like SOny's PS1 that died after a year because they used substandard optical lenses in there units! Anybody remember the sound skipping! I had two of those and I bought the warranty! Amazing how they developed problems shortly after the warranty ran out!

beef747
11-19-2001, 08:54 PM
i took my xbox back to gamestop and got it replaced. Very easy.

oh, by the way i dont think its possible to go take the system back when the store has been closed for 2 hours...common sense

thanks for the support!

Rochey69r
11-20-2001, 12:23 AM
glad to here it!!