PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Content NOT really Content...Its really Unlocked Content

Ayanami III
11-26-2002, 08:39 AM
ok i think people truly believe that microsoft games are really going to let you download content from xbox live. this is impossible i think because the games are on dvds and not installed on to the systems os & harddrive. i think the download content are only codes that unlock the information already on the disk(dvd). do you think? if im correct that means we can unlock those codes ourselves with either a series of button inputs or something like a mod/gamesharks etc etc.
can you all ask around in other forums to see if this is true or seems true.

Yannie Boy
11-26-2002, 08:41 AM
again ?????????????????????????????????????????

carlbme
11-26-2002, 08:46 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the way that the Xbox uses the Hard Drive for games is simular to the way a computer uses RAM (Xbox is limited in this area). If that is the case then it is compeletely possible that you are actually playing the game from the HD after the portion your playing has been copied over to the HD.

That's the easiest way I can explain it. However, I know it's not completely correct but it gives those who don't know a somewhat better understanding.

Unless of course I'm just completely wrong. :D

noodleboy
11-26-2002, 08:52 AM
It downloads the new content information on your HD, that way when you play, the content is not on your gamedisc, but your HD. So no, it is not unlockable content it is Dloadsd content.

Yannie Boy
11-26-2002, 08:54 AM
that helps out a bit but until we can offically download content for ourselves

i refer to the

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

VeNoMiZA
11-26-2002, 09:02 AM
theres no gameshark for the xbox thank god because i hate those cheap ass *******s on phantasy star online for the dc those cheap ass fukers i would kik all of their asses they make gaming online *** azz fuk:mad:

Dre
11-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Kickass Sig Venomiza!!

And, ummm.. anyone forgetting the addon disc for DoA3? There's your proof that addon content sits on the hard drive. No need to look further than that!

Where did you hear that absurd idea Ayanami?

VeNoMiZA
11-26-2002, 10:53 AM
thx dre your the first to compliment it thx alot :D :D :D :D

Ayanami III
11-26-2002, 11:22 AM
i made another one here

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28338

Admin Edit: We don't really need to advertise the same thread you made on another forum.
Thank you.

Dre
11-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ayanami III
i made another one here

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28338

Admin Edit: We don't really need to advertise the same thread you made on another forum.
Thank you.

Especially when you got all the responses you're looking for. How many people have answered your q now... hmmm... like 50?

Casper
11-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Especially when you got all the responses you're looking for. How many people have answered your q now... hmmm... like 50?

Woah..I started reading Lynx's link...and it brought me back here...deja vu :D

And Dre is right, it IS on your HD. Some games use it to play as a way of caching, which loads it to the HD then plays it from there. That's like when you mod a system, then place your games on the HD, and everything runs MUCH faster :p

xturbox
11-26-2002, 12:00 PM
sir, step away from the crack pipe!
and no one will get hurt
:mad:

VAN
11-26-2002, 02:22 PM
As an XBL beta tester, I got to try the content download feature first hand (as did thousands of others). The game Re-Volt allowed us to dowload additional vehicles directly to our harddrive so that we could use them in the game.

So, yes, content downloads means just that. Content downloads. :)

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2002, 03:47 PM
Indeed it does download. How else would save games work if they did not load from the harddrive/memory card? The games are not saved onto disc.

Anyway, even if it was unlocked content. It would stillbe content.

xturbox
11-27-2002, 12:39 PM
an exeption would be mx superfly...where you get the unlock keys to new tracks through live downloads..but the content is actually on the disk....

Afro Aura
11-27-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ayanami III
ok i think people truly believe that microsoft games are really going to let you download content from xbox live. this is impossible i think because the games are on dvds and not installed on to the systems os & harddrive. i think the download content are only codes that unlock the information already on the disk(dvd). do you think? if im correct that means we can unlock those codes ourselves with either a series of button inputs or something like a mod/gamesharks etc etc.
can you all ask around in other forums to see if this is true or seems true.
I'm not to sure about what you've just said there Ayanami III there has already been a download (well sort of...) this was the DoA3 Bonus Pack with new costumes and the UK DoA3 intro ok it came on a disk but I'm sure if XBOX live was up and running this file could have been downloaded and saved to the harddrive just like the disk

so yeah I believe there will be some great downloads for most of the online game out soon, I'm just waiting for some more arenas in Mech Assault and new missions and lets see what we'll get with Splinter Cell:D